Author Topic: Drew Gooden likely to be bought out ( Wojo Rumor)  (Read 4896 times)

Drew Gooden likely to be bought out ( Wojo Rumor)
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/gooden-likely-to-receive-buyout.php

Drew Gooden was included in the Mavericks/Wizards trade to make the salaries work, but he may not end up playing basketball for them. According to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, Gooden will "likely negotiate a buyout" with the Wizards. Wojnarowski reports that the Nuggets, Bucks, and Bobcats are the mos ikely suitors for Gooden, and that a return to the Mavericks is still in play

If BBD was traded for a backup PG , Gooden would be a perfect fit. He is a better rebounder than BBD and can actually finish around the basket
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 06:38:37 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Drew Gooden likely to be bought out ( Wojo Rumor)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 06:30:47 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/gooden-likely-to-receive-buyout.php

Drew Gooden was included in the Mavericks/Wizards trade to make the salaries work, but he may not end up playing basketball for them. According to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, Gooden will "likely negotiate a buyout" with the Wizards. Wojnarowski reports that the Nuggets, Bucks, and Bobcats are the mos ikely suitors for Gooden, and that a return to the Mavericks is still in play

If BBD was traded for a backup PG , Gooden would be a perfect fit. He is a better scorer than BBD and can actually finish around the basket

Good fit, i agree.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Plus I think he played under Doc back in Orlando, so a reunion here would be great.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

If BBD was traded for a backup PG , Gooden would be a perfect fit. He is a better scorer than BBD and can actually finish around the basket

Good fit, i agree.

I agree too.  But only if BBD is traded.  Otherwise, we're better off spending the roster spot on a backup PG or wing. 

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 06:48:07 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Desperate Desperate Desperate

If Danny even attempts to get Drew its a sign of desperation. It'll be The Antonio Mcdyess situation all over again. Drew is going back to Dallas. Who's next Ricky Davis?

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:50:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

If Danny even attempts to get Drew its a sign of desperation. It'll be The Antonio Mcdyess situation all over again. Drew is going back to Dallas.
I think Gooden only goes back to Dallas if the Mavericks trade Eric Dampier for a perimeter player. Otherwise, there isn't a lot of playing time available so I think he'll be more open to other offers.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas

If Danny even attempts to get Drew its a sign of desperation. It'll be The Antonio Mcdyess situation all over again. Drew is going back to Dallas.

I don't think that's the case.  Especially if it's after a BBD trade.  

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 06:52:23 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
If Gooden isn't an option, what about getting Kurt Thomas cheap?

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64511/20100206/kurt_thomas_an_option_for_contenders/

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 06:53:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/64511/20100206/kurt_thomas_an_option_for_contenders/

I don't think either player, Kurt Thomas or Drew Gooden, is an upgrade over Rasheed Wallace or Glen Davis.

Kurt Thomas is another undersized slow footed center while Drew Gooden is a poor defender with inefficient scoring potential.

So I don't have much interest in either one of them.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 06:59:32 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
I know we're all guessing, but would at least like to get something before the deadline. If nothing else trade Scal & the expiring contract for something potentially useful.

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 07:00:57 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas

I don't think either player, Kurt Thomas or Drew Gooden, is an upgrade over Rasheed Wallace or Glen Davis.

Kurt Thomas is another undersized slow footed center while Drew Gooden is a poor defender with inefficient scoring potential.

I'm not saying that's wrong.  But I think most of us were talking about him coming on board if one of them were traded. 

He may not be an upgrade over either BBD or Wallace, but he may be over Shelden, and is certainly an upgrade over Scal getting spot minutes at the 5 if Shelden went down. 

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 07:03:23 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
Agree. TP.

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I'm not saying that's wrong.  But I think most of us were talking about him coming on board if one of them were traded. 

He may not be an upgrade over either BBD or Wallace, but he may be over Shelden, and is certainly an upgrade over Scal getting spot minutes at the 5 if Shelden went down. 
If Glen Davis is traded, I would be interested in Drew Gooden but not Kurt Thomas.

If Davis isn't traded, I don't think either player is an upgrade over BBD + Sheed.

I think both Thomas and Rasheed need to play at center to be useful due to their declining physical states. They're a lot less effective as power forwards and would cause problems for the C's team defense.

As a third string center, I suppose there is still value in signing a guy like Kurt Thomas.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 07:30:14 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
gooden is a flake...  everyone seems to be enamored with him until they have him on their roster, then they can't seem to unload him quick enough.  no thanks...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 07:37:25 PM »

Offline ajgoodman

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
  • 'Cause there ain't no fours!
I actually like this idea. I've never been a big fan of Glen Davis and especially not his attitude.  Bringing in Augistine seems like a decent enough move, and Gooden would fill the void left by BBD. Seems like a good deal.