Author Topic: GSW Fire Sale according to Rick Bucher  (Read 18096 times)

GSW Fire Sale according to Rick Bucher
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:35:34 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

For my Ws' tweeps: multiple front offices say Ws are looking to move anybody to save $. Raising speculation team could be for sale.

I love Ray , but if this is in fact true that the Warriors are willing to move anyone to save $ then you have to put some very serious thought into this. I would love to add either Maggette, Ellis or Randolph. This is our chance to grab a player who can help us contend this year as well as going forward in the future.

Here are some trades I would do

Bos sends: Ray , BBD  and a 2010 1st
GS  sends: Maggette, Radmonovic, Randolph

Bos sends: Ray, TA and 2010 1st rd pick
GS  sends: Ellis, Bell

Everyone in the media said that GSW won't trade Ellis for expirings, but I think this could definitely be true if the team is for sale. Come on Danny take advantage of this !

Re: GSW Fire Sale according to Rick Bucher
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
If true, I agree.  Danny should be all over this.  I'd like to see us put together a package that nets Randolph & Ellis. 
I love Ray but you've got to make that move.

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I think it would be difficult to convince the owners that Ray should be traded although of you could throw some expirings to get a Maggette other than Ray I think you have to consider it. I think it would bring some invaluable punch off the bench, but he probably wants to start..

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Ray won't get traded. And if a trade would to happen this season, Celtics have tons of Exp Contract that they can trade before they touch ray: House, TA, Scal, JR, Billy, Daniels, Shelden, Baby.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:09 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
If true, I agree.  Danny should be all over this.  I'd like to see us put together a package that nets Randolph & Ellis. 
I love Ray but you've got to make that move.
I hate to say it but c's would really have to look at that, if moving ray means improving and getting younger than ....
pierce & garnett should retire here though

love the bad news barnes photo!

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Ray won't get traded. And if a trade would to happen this season, Celtics have a tons of Exp. contract that they can trade before they touch ray: House, TA, Scal, JR, Billy, Daniels, Shelden, Baby.

yea but that also is almost our entire bench for one player. Trading Ray would allow us to keep most of the team in tact while adding very good young talent who are just going to get better while Ray is just going to get older . I think you have to do it if Ray can get you back a package or Ellis and Bell or Maggette and Randolph.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 03:59:22 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Here's how I break this down:

I wouldn't trade Ray for Maggette, straight up.

I wouldn't trade BBD, a 1st, and take on VladRad's deal to get Randolph.

Therefore, I pass.  If there's any way to get Maggette for other expiring contracts, though, I'd have definite interest.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

For my Ws' tweeps: multiple front offices say Ws are looking to move anybody to save $. Raising speculation team could be for sale.

I love Ray , but if this is in fact true that the Warriors are willing to move anyone to save $ then you have to put some very serious thought into this. I would love to add either Maggette, Ellis or Randolph. This is our chance to grab a player who can help us contend this year as well as going forward in the future.

Here are some trades I would do

Bos sends: Ray, TA and 2010 1st rd pick
GS  sends: Ellis, Bell

Everyone in the media said that GSW won't trade Ellis for expirings, but I think this could definitely be true if the team is for sale. Come on Danny take advantage of this !

You put together some interesting trade scenarios, and I really like Randolph just as much as anyone here (future KG clone?), but anything involving Ray Ray closes our window, as soon as it happens.

Thought just popped in my head.....The last time we traded significantly with Golden State we nabbed someone by the name of Robert Parish......hmmmmmm.

But anything dealing with Ray closes our window. That much I have to stand by. No one in the package above has the experience and clutchness we need.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 04:02:38 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Ray won't get traded. And if a trade would to happen this season, Celtics have tons of Exp Contract that they can trade before they touch ray: House, TA, Scal, JR, Billy, Daniels, Shelden, Baby.

Do all those add up to Ray's 18 m so we can match Ellis contract?
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
love the bad news barnes photo!

Yeah, I remember Bad News Barnes from the 1st year I started following the Celtics.  I think Johnny Most must've tagged him with that name.

If we do trade Ray, maybe we can get him back this summer! 
He'd be great coming off the bench.

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

They only need to match Ellis' $11 million contract.

We'd only need to come up with about $8.8 million in outgoing salary. Tony, House, and Scal is enough.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjpkmgq 
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

To trade for Ellis, the Celts would need to send a minimum of $8.72 million back.  That's a lot, but not close to Ray's contract.

EDIT:  What lucky just said.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
It would be great to get Maggette and Bell for our expirings, while keeping Ray with us. :)

No way I would trade Ray for Ellis and his friends.

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 04:19:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I think there is a pretty good chance that Danny will go after Maggette with expiring contracts and draft picks. He already offered Maggette the full MLE 2 years ago , so you know that Danny likes his game.  He is only making a few mil more than the full MLE per year so his contract wouldn't effect our future salary cap to much.

TA, Walker, Giddens and Scal works for Maggette

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Ray Allen for Maggette, Randolph and Speedy Claxton's corpse works and add a first round pick to entice them to buy Allen out (not that they can ask the Warriors to do that officially).