Author Topic: GSW Fire Sale according to Rick Bucher  (Read 18024 times)

Re: GSW Fire Sale according to Rick Bucher
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think there is a pretty good chance that Danny will go after Maggette with expiring contracts and draft picks. He already offered Maggette the full MLE 2 years ago , so you know that Danny likes his game.  He is only making a few mil more than the full MLE per year so his contract wouldn't effect our future salary cap to much.

TA, Walker, Giddens and Scal works for Maggette
He makes a lot more than the MLE.

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:29 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
It would be great to get Maggette and Bell for our expirings, while keeping Ray with us. :)

No way I would trade Ray for Ellis and his friends.

Absolutely. No need to trade Ray. Insist on Morrow by taking Maggette, and do it for Eddie, Scal, Giddens. Get an excellent back-up at the 2 and 3, and a great young shooter.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yl92dvk

If you want to be greedy, throw Bill Walker in and get Watson back. To me, this is one of the few deals out there the Cs should seriously consider.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think there is a pretty good chance that Danny will go after Maggette with expiring contracts and draft picks. He already offered Maggette the full MLE 2 years ago , so you know that Danny likes his game.  He is only making a few mil more than the full MLE per year so his contract wouldn't effect our future salary cap to much.

He is making about 3 MIL more than the full MLE this year, that's not so much more.....

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 04:26:03 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

He makes $10 less that Ray Allen, and the Cs have no cap space to work with in the near future anyway. Get an NBA wing in his prime while we still can use the expirings we have. If not, we'll be scratching, clawing and begging with pieces of the MLE this summer and next.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Forget Maggette. 40 mil over 4 years for the guy...that's simply too many years for not a good enough player. If he was 28, I might feel differently, but he is 30 and to my recollection has never been an All Star, nor has deserved to be one.

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

He is making about 3 MIL more than the full MLE this year, that's not so much more.....
He signed a 5 year 50 million dollar deal, Danny was offering him a full MLE deal for 5 years which would be 34 million dollars. Which means he's making 1.47 times as much as an MLE deal, that's not just a "little more".

I'd love if the C's would add him to solidify our bench, but to dismiss how much his contract his by saying its only "a little more than the MLE" ignores the payroll implications.

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
http://twitter.com/RicBucheR

For my Ws' tweeps: multiple front offices say Ws are looking to move anybody to save $. Raising speculation team could be for sale.

I love Ray , but if this is in fact true that the Warriors are willing to move anyone to save $ then you have to put some very serious thought into this. I would love to add either Maggette, Ellis or Randolph. This is our chance to grab a player who can help us contend this year as well as going forward in the future.

Here are some trades I would do

Bos sends: Ray , BBD  and a 2010 1st
GS  sends: Maggette, Radmonovic, Randolph

Bos sends: Ray, TA and 2010 1st rd pick
GS  sends: Ellis, Bell

Everyone in the media said that GSW won't trade Ellis for expirings, but I think this could definitely be true if the team is for sale. Come on Danny take advantage of this !

You put together some interesting trade scenarios, and I really like Randolph just as much as anyone here (future KG clone?), but anything involving Ray Ray closes our window, as soon as it happens.

Thought just popped in my head.....The last time we traded significantly with Golden State we nabbed someone by the name of Robert Parish......hmmmmmm.

But anything dealing with Ray closes our window. That much I have to stand by. No one in the package above has the experience and clutchness we need.
I just don't agree with the idea that trading Ray closes our window

I think it would completely depend on the trade

With Golden State if the Celtics could land Corey Maggette, Anthony Morrow, Anthony Randolph, EJ Watson and Vladimir Radmanovic for Ray Allen, Brian Scalabrine, Shelden Williams and Bill Walker that wouldn't come close to closing our window

On the contrary extending Daniels Morrow and Watson would give the team the following look for the next several years

Rondo/Watson
Morrow/Daniels
Pierce/Maggette/Radmanovic
KG/Randolph/Davis
Perkins/Wallace

That's not even including the fact that Tony Allen, Eddie House, and JR Giddens could be kept this year and let expire to add 2 drafted rookies or trade as a package for a player while still having their picks to do something with

And that's just Golden State

There are a bunch of other teams where trading Ray helps us this year and extends our championship window as well

I don't recommend trading him unless it's a no brainer type deal but it is still very very possible to trade him and improve the team for now and going forward
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

He signed a 5 year 50 million dollar deal, Danny was offering him a full MLE deal for 5 years which would be 34 million dollars. Which means he's making 1.47 times as much as an MLE deal, that's not just a "little more".
yea , but if you think about it if we sign Ray back next year it will likely be about 7-8 mil for 2 years. If we have Maggette for 10 Mil next year and Ray for 7 Mil that pretty much adds ups to Rays Salary this year. So we wouldn't really be adding salary to next years payroll . Maggette could either start or come off the bench depending on how Ray look next year.

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 04:34:06 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen

yea , but if you think about it if we sign Ray back next year it will likely be about 7-8 mil for 2 years. If we have Maggette for 10 Mil next year and Ray for 7 Mil that pretty much adds ups to Rays Salary this year. So we wouldn't really be adding salary to next years payroll . Maggette could either start or come off the bench depending on how Ray look next year.

You're forgetting Rajon's 10 million dollar bump...I don't think ownership would sign off on any Maggette deal.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

We'd be adding salary because Rondo's new deal kicks in and Pierce/KG/Rasheed's deals all increase. Plus we'd have to sign even more players to fill various roles with the team.

Not to mention we'd be stuck with Maggette's deal in the long run after KG and Pierce no longer are high level players.

I'd like the Celtics to do it, but its not a no-brainer move.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Here's how I break this down:

I wouldn't trade Ray for Maggette, straight up.

I wouldn't trade BBD, a 1st, and take on VladRad's deal to get Randolph.

Therefore, I pass.  If there's any way to get Maggette for other expiring contracts, though, I'd have definite interest.
How about Ray for Ellis and Maggette?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 04:38:32 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
Another thing about Maggette: he has been available for expirings long before this "fire sale."

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2010, 04:39:28 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

We'd be adding salary because Rondo's new deal kicks in and Pierce/KG/Rasheed's deals all increase. Plus we'd have to sign even more players to fill various roles with the team.

Not to mention we'd be stuck with Maggette's deal in the long run after KG and Pierce no longer are high level players.

I'd like the Celtics to do it, but its not a no-brainer move.

His deal is only a year longer than Garnett's. He has 3 years left after this year. So he'll be 33.

I understand the reservations on Maggette, and I'd insist on some talent coming back with him. But I do think posters overestimate whate else we might be able to get with our expirings, and these pipe dreams of Iggy / Delambert from Phili et al really are price prohibitive....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2010, 04:39:51 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24

It's a lot of depth to give up ... i'd want to try to get Anthony Randolph or Brandan Wright since the Warriors would deal either ... this works in the trade machine:

TA, Giddens, Scal, Eddie House, #1

FOR

Randolph, Maggette, Morrow

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 04:41:14 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Here's how I break this down:

I wouldn't trade Ray for Maggette, straight up.

I wouldn't trade BBD, a 1st, and take on VladRad's deal to get Randolph.

Therefore, I pass.  If there's any way to get Maggette for other expiring contracts, though, I'd have definite interest.
How about Ray for Ellis and Maggette?

I'm not a huge fan of acquiring Ellis.  I have serious concerns about how a backcourt of Rondo and Ellis would function.  Two small guards who need the ball in their hands to be effective isn't a recipe for success, especially when neither is a good shooter.  Ellis bristled when Golden State wanted to play him next to Stephen Curry; I can only imagine his reaction alongside Rondo.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions