Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 980993 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1380 on: January 25, 2012, 11:35:10 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Watched the movie Serenity (2005) after watching all 14 episodes of firefly the show it was based on (2002). Really enjoyed all of it. I guess these things become cult favorites for a reason.

It also helped me realize that I <3 Morena Baccarin.

XOXO

« Reply #1381 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:33 AM »

Kiorrik

Drive.

Well worth the watch, if you don't mind some violence in a movie, that's all I want to say about it because it's a genuinely good flick and I don't want to spoil it.

Just watch it? :x

Bah.

Also watched From Dusk till Dawn again.

« Reply #1382 on: February 01, 2012, 03:44:06 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Watched the 3 Swedish movies for the Steig Larsson trilogy. I recommend them if you can stomach the scenes of extreme violence toward women.

« Reply #1383 on: February 01, 2012, 03:44:38 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Watched the movie Serenity (2005) after watching all 14 episodes of firefly the show it was based on (2002). Really enjoyed all of it. I guess these things become cult favorites for a reason.

XOXO
Fun series.

And she is hot.

« Reply #1384 on: February 01, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Contagion. Really good. The only bad guy is bureaucracy.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1385 on: February 01, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

XOXO

She is lovely.

Firefly is the reason I watched 3 seasons of 'Chuck' before giving up. Also the reason I still watch Castle, and never missed an episode of 'Dollhouse'.

Well, to be fair, I never missed an epi of Dollhouse because the show was awesome and well...Eliza Dushku. Faith all teh way.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #1386 on: February 01, 2012, 01:06:21 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

XOXO

She is lovely.

Firefly is the reason I watched 3 seasons of 'Chuck' before giving up. Also the reason I still watch Castle, and never missed an episode of 'Dollhouse'.

Well, to be fair, I never missed an epi of Dollhouse because the show was awesome and well...Eliza Dushku. Faith all teh way.

Dollhouse might have been the most mind-numbingly boring thing Joss Whedon has ever done.

But I'll agree with IP on one thing. I have a Firefly rule. Anyone of the main cast starts a new show, I'll watch it. I watched Chuck to the end ( seasons 4 and 5 were wildly inconsistent but holy god was the finale good and everything that was right with the show), It's why I watch Castle, it's why I watched as much of V as I could handle. It's why I started watching Suburgatory, which is awesome. The Firefly rule does not lead you often to bad television.

« Reply #1387 on: February 01, 2012, 01:54:34 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Boomerang

Classic. This movie has become one of my favorites. Proof that you can't pay attention to critics. The type of movie you can watch with anybody, provided they're mature enough of course.

« Reply #1388 on: February 01, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

XOXO

She is lovely.

Dollhouse might have been the most mind-numbingly boring thing Joss Whedon has ever done.

But I'll agree with IP on one thing. I have a Firefly rule. Anyone of the main cast starts a new show, I'll watch it. I watched Chuck to the end ( seasons 4 and 5 were wildly inconsistent but holy god was the finale good and everything that was right with the show), It's why I watch Castle, it's why I watched as much of V as I could handle. It's why I started watching Suburgatory, which is awesome. The Firefly rule does not lead you often to bad television.

Is this the guy from the big bang theory?

;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #1389 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

XOXO

She is lovely.

Is this the guy from the big bang theory?

;D
So true on the Firefly rule but I'm missing the Suburgatory connection.  Watched Sarah Connor Chronicles too for that reason.

Edgar, if she looks like Jim Parsons to you, we need to have you checked out for medical issues.   ;)  She's still hot but looked so much better when she had hair.

« Reply #1390 on: February 01, 2012, 02:01:17 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
So true on the Firefly rule but I'm missing the Suburgatory connection.  Watched Sarah Connor Chronicles too for that reason.

Wash ( Alan Tudyk) is on Suburgatory.

« Reply #1391 on: February 01, 2012, 02:40:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Wash ( Alan Tudyk) is on Suburgatory.
thanks -- TP for the connection

« Reply #1392 on: February 01, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I just really like scrolling this page so I can see multiple pictures of Morena  ;D

« Reply #1393 on: February 01, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38

and

Both were very good, imho.  Rooney Mara is a budding star, and Liam Neeson is one of the best actors who has ever lived (next to Hackman of course).

« Reply #1394 on: February 01, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »

Kiorrik

Contagion. Really good. The only bad guy is bureaucracy.
Yup, really strong movie. One of those movies that makes you play the "what if" game.