Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 979135 times)

Re: What's the last movie you watched?
« Reply #1245 on: August 13, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Maybe my favorite fight scene of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU7poLCRbg8&feature=related

« Reply #1246 on: August 13, 2011, 09:20:34 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
that was the bizness....

people really slept on this movie!!

« Reply #1247 on: August 16, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »

Offline looseball

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 77
The Magician  (1958)

Black and white, horse and carriage, tophat and frock coat movie set in the late 1800's.  Directed by Ingmar Bergman, starring Max von Sydow and the usual cast of Bergman characters.

It's an existential gothic tale mixing drama, comedy and supernatural horror.  Quite entertaining!

« Reply #1248 on: August 17, 2011, 12:20:32 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
The killing fields.   Liked it better than Schindler's List, but I'm always in the minority on these things

Just watched this myself a few weeks ago.  Fantastic movie. 

« Reply #1249 on: August 21, 2011, 07:15:24 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
I would definitely recommend The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  The apes looked great and it was a cool back story to the Planet of the Apes series. 

Saw it last night.  A little different then I thought it was going to be, but an excellent movie nonetheless.  I'd be really interested to see if they follow up with the chronological story (this one was a prequel).
I enjoyed it a lot. Pretty much what I expected. Franco is unbelievable as a scientists cuz he always looks like a stoner. I love his body of work, but felt like a stretch for me (though i felt he was fine in the movie).

Great to see the Gollum actor getting another motion capture gig. The guy is brilliant.

I like starting from the beginning. The original movies were a little silly in sequence. They actually had 2 separate timelines which I found a bit corny.

I found some of the ape animation a bit much. Too much of it was physically impossible. I didn't see the point in that though I suppose it is for the short attention span bells and whistles viewer.

Yeh, the window crashes were a bit gratuitous!  It seemed they enjoyed going through windows a bit much and were impervious to any damage that might have come along with breaking through glass.  But hey, it looked cool! 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #1250 on: August 21, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I would definitely recommend The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  The apes looked great and it was a cool back story to the Planet of the Apes series. 

Saw it last night.  A little different then I thought it was going to be, but an excellent movie nonetheless.  I'd be really interested to see if they follow up with the chronological story (this one was a prequel).
I enjoyed it a lot. Pretty much what I expected. Franco is unbelievable as a scientists cuz he always looks like a stoner. I love his body of work, but felt like a stretch for me (though i felt he was fine in the movie).

Great to see the Gollum actor getting another motion capture gig. The guy is brilliant.

I like starting from the beginning. The original movies were a little silly in sequence. They actually had 2 separate timelines which I found a bit corny.

I found some of the ape animation a bit much. Too much of it was physically impossible. I didn't see the point in that though I suppose it is for the short attention span bells and whistles viewer.

Yeh, the window crashes were a bit gratuitous!  It seemed they enjoyed going through windows a bit much and were impervious to any damage that might have come along with breaking through glass.  But hey, it looked cool! 
Saw this yesterday ...Jake (14) had seen it before but wanted us to see it, and he wanted to see it again.    I am not a fan of James Franco...kept expecting his character to do something freaky. (I had a hard time accepting him as a kind scientist.)  Over all I did enjoy it...unlike Jake, though, I don't plan to see it twice. 
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1251 on: August 21, 2011, 10:28:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3781
  • Yup

Saw this yesterday ...Jake (14) had seen it before but wanted us to see it, and he wanted to see it again.    I am not a fan of James Franco...kept expecting his character to do something freaky. (I had a hard time accepting him as a kind scientist.)  Over all I did enjoy it...unlike Jake, though, I don't plan to see it twice. 

I actually went and saw it a second time (my wife wanted to see it, and there was nothing else we want to see...).  I did catch a couple of things that I missed the first time...Hmmm. lost NASA mission!

Saw Fright Night last night.  Pretty fun movie if you're into that sort of thing.
Yup

« Reply #1252 on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rise of the apes...I thought it was incredible.

« Reply #1253 on: August 21, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson

Redz said:
"I actually went and saw it a second time (my wife wanted to see it, and there was nothing else we want to see...).  I did catch a couple of things that I missed the first time...Hmmm. lost NASA mission!"

I noticed that too, Redz.  NASA mission headed by Charlton Heston, perhaps?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1254 on: August 24, 2011, 03:11:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The original Ocean's 11, with Sammy Davis and Dean Martin. 

That was one of the saddest endings I ever saw

« Reply #1255 on: August 24, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3781
  • Yup

Redz said:
"I actually went and saw it a second time (my wife wanted to see it, and there was nothing else we want to see...).  I did catch a couple of things that I missed the first time...Hmmm. lost NASA mission!"

I noticed that too, Redz.  NASA mission headed by Charlton Heston, perhaps?

It would seem the door is wide open for a chronological sequel. 

Oh, and my most recent movie seen is now

Very cute movie with a lovely little "carpe diem" moral.
Yup

« Reply #1256 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

brotha

u show is good at tellin the end of movies...

wow!

« Reply #1257 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

it wasnt an ending but sean connery in the untouchables

tug on me a lil bit

« Reply #1258 on: September 03, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
Finished reading "Lonesome Dove" and just watched Part 1 on amc, Part 2 is on now. 

Po, I have you pegged for Po Campo.  I don't know if you can cook, and I don't know if you would rather walk than ride, but I can picture you  serving "grasshoppers" to your friends (hopefully along with some POtent POtables!)   ;D

p.s. PO, I know you see  yourself as Gus, and it seems likely that may be closer to the truth.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #1259 on: September 03, 2011, 10:54:07 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
watched resident evil after life..

i bet i could make a better movie with a budget of $60,000,000.....it grossed world wide $296,221,663...

imma try and watch it again..maybe i missed sumthim wonderful