Author Topic: Jerryd Bayless???  (Read 7796 times)

Jerryd Bayless???
« on: December 07, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Not sure if anyone else has posted about his or not yet, i just did a brief look around so i'm not sure, but Hoopshype.com is reporting that Jerryd Bayless is available or at least tradeable on the portland trailblazer roster.

http://hoopshype.com/

Should we pursue him or not? what do we have to offer? (just throwing a few ?'s out there for discussion)

Re: Jerryd Bayless???
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 06:14:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
not a very good shooter, and he's a poor passer. decent defender -- but who would we give up? they needs 3s and 4s. you'd likely have to give up Baby to get him and I don't think you do that.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 06:40:58 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'd give up Baby for Mills and Bayless in a second. I say Mills  because there was one rumor that they'd cut Mills for a stretch 4, but i'd take mills and bayless for baby and hudson (or cut hudson)

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
unfortunately a baby for bayless trade (even with some other parts thrown in) is next to impossible due to baby's BYC status. it'd have to be a much bigger deal.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
QUESTION MARKS???!???!??
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:53 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
unfortunately a baby for bayless trade (even with some other parts thrown in) is next to impossible due to baby's BYC status. it'd have to be a much bigger deal.

Tweak it.

Either
Baby, Hudson, Giddens, #2

for

Mills, Pendergraph, Bayless, Cunningham

OR

Baby, Tony, #2

For

Mills, Pendergraph, Bayless, Cunningham, Howard

With us buying out Howard and one of Cunningham/Pendergraph to re sign with Portland and then cutting Giddens, Hudson, or Cunningham/Pendergraph, whichever one we kept.

OR, just

Baby, Tony

for

with a promise to buy out all but Bayless/Mills. We'd get some cash to cover the deal (portland owner's not hurting), so the deal would effectively be:

Baby/Tony for Mills/Bayless.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Bayless has a serious case of tunnel vision. I'm watching the Blazers@Knicks and he's been reminding me of Nate Robinson. He's skilled at that particular craft though.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 10:18:27 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Tweak it.

Either

for

OR

Baby, Tony, #2

For

With us buying out Howard and one of Cunningham/Pendergraph to re sign with Portland and then cutting Giddens, Hudson, or Cunningham/Pendergraph, whichever one we kept.

OR, just

Baby, Tony

for

with a promise to buy out all but Bayless/Mills. We'd get some cash to cover the deal (portland owner's not hurting), so the deal would effectively be:

a 9 player deal with pre-arranged buyouts? not going to happen.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:43:34 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
The number of Big Baby trades catching up with the Ray Allen trades. Both don't make any sense. Unless if Jerryd Bayless makes a miracles turn around, he's a certified bust. And What makes you think Doc will even play him? Doc doesn't play unproven players.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 11:33:01 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1701
The number of Big Baby trades catching up with the Ray Allen trades. Both don't make any sense. Unless if Jerryd Bayless makes a miracles turn around, he's a certified bust. And What makes you think Doc will even play him? Doc doesn't play unproven players.

He's 21... far too soon to be talking 'bust'.  With that said, your other point is very true - he wouldn't get any playtime here. 

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 11:43:03 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Tweak it.

Either

for

OR

Baby, Tony, #2

For

OR, just

Baby, Tony

for

If 13 players, picks, and cash (including for anticipated buyouts) can be exchanged in an Antoine Walker sign-and-trade, anything can happen. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 02:20:26 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2427
I don't think the Celtics have anything good enough to offer to tempt the Blazers to give up on Bayless ... outside of Perk + Rondo which is clearly a no-go for the Celtics.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 07:24:42 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Tweak it.

Either

for

OR

Baby, Tony, #2

For

OR, just

Baby, Tony

for

If 13 players, picks, and cash (including for anticipated buyouts) can be exchanged in an Antoine Walker sign-and-trade, anything can happen. ;)

not saying it never does, but can't think of one where the biggest contract in the bunch was a BYC $3mil deal!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 08:29:21 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
maybe I'm missing the boat on Bayless but why would we trade for someone that's not much of a shooter or passer?  We need someone that can do both.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2009, 08:44:44 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
maybe I'm missing the boat on Bayless but why would we trade for someone that's not much of a shooter or passer?  We need someone that can do both.

i have to echo stk's question. i have not seen this guy play at all,so if anyone knows more or has seen him play, please post some info here.

his stats are nothing to write home about for being the 11th pick in the draft last year.

min/game = 10 (down from 12 his rookie year)
pts/g = 5.9
assts/g = 1.0
rbs/g = 0.7

maybe he just cant get playing time on portland's team?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva