Author Topic: Top 3 Reasons Lebron is a Classless Punk  (Read 12963 times)

Re: Top 3 Reasons Lebron is a Classless Punk
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »

Kiorrik

Oh, and Joachim Noah is awesome.

Yeah well, I usually can't stand him but I gotta say I applaud him for talking to LeBron like he did. Great talking to remind the "King" how classless he is. :)
I 400'd you up. Because I can.

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Guys, look at it this way:

• Our squad is a bunch of hardened veterans, talking trash, backing it up by chestbumping the opposition after the play every now and then, and generally being menacing.

• The Cavs gang is a bunch of young dogs that are wagging their tail at any occasion they get, to show how happy they are.

I really care less about you guys hating on the opposition: it's a healthy thing. I just think we should hate them for the right reasons, and this whole dunking controversy thing (I ain't callin' it dunkgate [dang]it) is just not a good reason to hate him.

I hate LeBron because he's amongst our finest enemies out there. Because he does all the great things he does for the wrong [dang] ballclub.

Chest-bumping, trash-talking and being menacing are league-wide, in fact sports-wide, except for tennis (pretty sure golfers are chest-bumping their caddies nowadays)

Dancing on the court during blowouts is Cav-wide, and I guarantee it won't continue.  It will be stopped and limited to the immediate bench area.  Just watch.  Why will it be stopped?   Disrespectful to opposition, in other words unsportsmanlike, just like not congratulating the other team in the playoffs.

In fact, Lebron seems to be genuinely enjoying himself and entertaining the fans.  His dancing has no trash-talk, macho, you-suck and I'm the best element.  But it's clueless and disrespectful to treat the other team like they're not in the building anymore, like they're not over there on the bench watching....

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 09:46:26 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Im more amazed by how much attn James get without winning anything yet...as much as i dislike Kobe i can understand it sometimes,because he at least has the hardware but Lebron in my eyes is no better or bigger than D.Howard in the NBA(stats are the only thing that separate the two),they both are good players trying to get to the top.Until a player win a championship,he/she is a loser.  

As Steve Smith(NBA.tv) pointed out last night,"Lebron make sure you do the same dancing in the playoffs that you are doing now"..in other words,when the Magic was kicking their butts during the playoffs,the cavs weren't doing so much picture snapping,and making fun of the oppostion.

Lebron better make sure first he don't end up in an exclusive club of xsuperstars,there are no gaurantees in this business,as these players found out: 
1.Barkley
2.Karl Malone
3.Pat Ewing
4.Reggie Miller
etc,etc...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:17:07 AM by housecall »

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 09:46:36 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

Yeah well, I usually can't stand him but I gotta say I applaud him for talking to LeBron like he did. Great talking to remind the "King" how classless he is. :)

Haha, thanks, although my post didn't deserve a TP, but here is yours. ;D

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »

Kiorrik

Dancing on the court during blowouts is Cav-wide, and I guarantee it won't continue.  It will be stopped and limited to the immediate bench area.  Just watch.  Why will it be stopped?   Disrespectful to opposition, in other words unsportsmanlike, just like not congratulating the other team in the playoffs.
Eddie, House.

That's to the Cav's-wide thing.

I don't see the point here man. Either you talk trash (and disrespect them by disrespecting them) or you celebrate (and disrespect them by being happy?)

Things are really the-other-way-around here.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We need reasons to call LeBron a classless punk??

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »

Kiorrik

Haha, thanks, although my post didn't deserve a TP, but here is yours. ;D
You -always- deserve a TP. That one was a TP because you will show up in the next game thread, because I miss you man ;)

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 09:49:45 AM »

Kiorrik

:]

Harharhar, see guys? That's the spirit.

Hate them because they're doing what they do for the wrong club. Not for what or how they do it :P

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
:]

Harharhar, see guys? That's the spirit.

Hate them because they're doing what they do for the wrong club. Not for what or how they do it :P

I don't hate Lebron, and if he were a Celtic, I'd criticize him for dancing on the court during blowouts. 

I've criticized the C's when they've gotten excessive with their trash-talking, but only because I think it takes away from their goal.  They are generally not clueless and disrespectful.  The C's get into lots of mutual back and forth trash-talking with their opponents, and when the C's win I expect the talking to diminish and the dancing on the court not to commence.  Eddie, stop acting like Lebron.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 10:09:01 AM »

Kiorrik

For Eddie to stop celebrating is like LeBron to stop dunking :]

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
I dont understand all the Lebron hating either. So what, the guy acts like a kid, does immature, celf centered things and makes us think that he is only 23 or 24 years old. Guess what, he is only 24 years old. Is this guy suppose to play bball all the time, travel, only read up on the history of bball so he can truly appreciate his predessors, and be exactly what we want him to be? Let the guy be a kid, enjoy the game, do stupid things and say them as well. He's the best player on the court and if he were a Celtic and say PP was a Cav then we might just as easily be saying bad things about Paul.

Why excuse his behavior because of his age.  If he played for me I'd bench him for his intentionally unsportsmanlike and classless behavior.  Moreover, I'd make him run gutbusters (what athletes call suicides) at half-time and apologize to the other team.

The fact that Noah, who is also a bit of a punk and a crybaby,
called him out, is ironic.  Still, he has a right.  Lebron attempts to show people up and then thinks his image will defend him and the media will protect him.

We can expect to see a few more weeks of Tiger in the tabloids.  But if Dennis Rodman ever did what Lebron does on a regular basis he would have been crucified.

Where is Johnny Most when you need him.  He'd set the record straight to all the listeners.....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 10:33:44 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
For Eddie to stop celebrating is like LeBron to stop dunking :]

Too true. 

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 10:54:12 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
There are worse punks than Lebron.  KG is just as theatrical with his MO-FOing and chest punching, yes, even in blowouts.  Different personalities, and the energy comes out in different ways. 

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 11:23:37 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The dancing around during the blowout is totally classless - both last year against us and last night against the Bulls.  The rest of the stuff I don't have a problem with.

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2009, 11:30:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am happy to see not everybody agrees with the original post. Yeah, I understand that you aren't supposed to like one of your biggest rivals, but I don't particularly hate Lebron. The number one reason I don't like him is because he is so good- it's kind of the same thing with Kobe, Jeter, and Peyton (Jeter used to have an attitude and Kobe has definitely done some growing up). Yeah, is the stuff Lebron does a little classless? I guess, but it's not horrible and it's not like he is out there being a thug or causing problems off the court.

I think those that say they don't like him really for anything more than his actual talent are lying to themselves...