Author Topic: To each and every one of you  (Read 14763 times)

Re: To each and every one of you
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 09:03:13 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
This is surely off topic but I must post about the incredible revelation that just occured to me : celticmaestro is living in Dublin! :o (Just saw it on the CB's map)

It surely is stupid from my part but I thought he was representing the true soul of the "Irishman" in Beantown, it's quite a shock for me to learn that he is in fact living in Ireland while I depicted him as a proud Bostonian. ;D

Well, you can now go back to your normal discussion, this post was useless but I felt the need to write it anyway. :P

Actually, from Dublin, living in London :)

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 09:09:23 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
This is surely off topic but I must post about the incredible revelation that just occured to me : celticmaestro is living in Dublin! :o (Just saw it on the CB's map)

It surely is stupid from my part but I thought he was representing the true soul of the "Irishman" in Beantown, it's quite a shock for me to learn that he is in fact living in Ireland while I depicted him as a proud Bostonian. ;D

Well, you can now go back to your normal discussion, this post was useless but I felt the need to write it anyway. :P

Wow, that's another news I must take time to digest! ;D

Just kidding this time, but I just found it surprising and fun to learn that you were living in England while I was picturing you in Boston, overseas. I've already been to London but I was very young (about 11 years old) and I don't remember much except that I liked my trip there.

Dublin is a city I would love to visit too, I even considered going there for Springsteen's concerts this summer but unfortunately it didn't work out.

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 09:11:22 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Wow, that's another news I must take time to digest! ;D

Just kidding this time, but I just found it surprising and fun to learn that you were living in England while I was picturing you in Boston, overseas. I've already been to London but I was very young (about 11 years old) and I don't remember much except that I liked my trip there.

Dublin is a city I would love to visit too, I even considered going there for Springsteen's concerts this summer but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Meh, London is OK. I'm just bored of England. I want to go and live in Rome or Barcelona temporarily at the very least. I'll come back here for the Olympics in 2012.

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, Barcelona and Rome are both attractive cities, of course, though I don't know which one is more affordable. You would live under the sun for most of the year contrary to England and you wouldn't be really far from England by plane so it sounds like a good idea.

Gotta say good night now because it's 3:17 am here and I'm getting tired.  :P

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2009, 12:09:44 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I'll start by saying that this is my 4000th post and in the days I lurked, and even when I eventually signed up, I never thought I would post anything near to that. I have a friend who posted on forums and I remember saying "why? it's a bit silly you don't even know those people" and he replied "it's fun" - ok, fair enough I thought, but it's not for me.

Moving on from that, I found this place. At first, it was a fantastic place to come for Celtics information, news and chat among fans. Eventually, it became more than that. Movies, music, SOT OTT, football, squirrels, birds, bunnies, strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas, women trouble, ill health, family issues, help with assignments, help with life in general, ridiculous trades (anything with Ray), wonderful trades (when we received Garnett), bad times (18 game losing streak) euphoric times (banner #17). These are just some of the things I've discussed and/or seen on here. I've participated in threads and given/taken advice that I never saw myself doing. Some members I would say I could call friends, and though we're half a world apart it doesn't make it any less genuine than if we were half a minute apart.

I will thank each of you for that, I would like to go on to name each of you that have either had an effect on me or made me laugh or reached out, but I can't for fear of leaving someone out. Truth be known, you know who you are. If we've conversed about something privately or publicly, I've not forgotten. Whether it be a basketball debate, football debate, fantasy draft dealings, political debate, or any of the aforementioned issues, I've got it stored - both the good and the bad (but no bad blood) - and I thank you for that.

Thanks to my inability to post during the workday, I'm a bit late on the wagon here, so I'll keep it short: Just more excellent stuff from one of our finest posters, and one with whom I have always enjoyed chatting both in the forums and off site.

As always, CM, I urge you to keep on keepin' on (and keep me posted on what's happening across the pond!).

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 12:11:18 AM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
This thread would've been more awesome if you would've gone on a rage.

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »

Offline Cooze

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 27
I love posts like that Maestro. I'm sitting around here doing nuthin if ya want a sig. Whaddya like?

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 12:37:32 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
I love posts like that Maestro. I'm sitting around here doing nuthin if ya want a sig. Whaddya like?

not to steal CM's thunder, but how to peeps make sigs?
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 01:21:25 AM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'

not to steal CM's thunder, but how to peeps make sigs?

Right now, Cooze and I have been doing plenty of them using Photoshop.  Truck, I've got two ahead of you, but you know I'll hook you up like crazy if you don't mind the wait.  Otherwise, Cooze here is excellent...

CM, I just sent you your new sig, congrats on 4K, your presence here has become a part of the very fabric of this blog.  TP, see you out on the field...

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 06:22:57 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
This thread would've been more awesome if you would've gone on a rage.

That is true. I'd love one day to see someone just completely flip out with a thread titled "to each and every one of you" and in that thread he would go on to abuse us all. That would be great until the mods removed the thread.

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 06:29:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:45 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Beautiful post, CM.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2009, 11:36:12 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Thought this would be the perfect place for my 3000th post (and i also get to bump CM's great post). Great post by celticmaesto. I can't compete with that, so I will just say, celticsbloggers, thank you for letting me share being a C's fan with you. The best fans are on this site. What makes this place even more special is the fact that not only is this place filled with knowledgeable basketball fans, but great people too. Got Sheed tonite, now let's get #18 too.
-johnnyrondo

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Thought this would be the perfect place for my 3000th post (and i also get to bump CM's great post). Great post by celticmaesto. I can't compete with that, so I will just say, celticsbloggers, thank you for letting me share being a C's fan with you. The best fans are on this site. What makes this place even more special is the fact that not only is this place filled with knowledgeable basketball fans, but great people too. Got Sheed tonite, now let's get #18 too.
-johnnyrondo

TP Johnny, I still think I owe you a round!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2009, 11:45:46 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
-johnnyrondo

props on 3 G's and gettin the shoutout on the mainpage for spottin Sheeds agent on CT...tp
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp