Author Topic: Why I Stopped Reading Your Blog  (Read 23779 times)

Re: Why I Stopped Reading Your Blog
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 07:00:06 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
if only i could stop visiting this site so much... :)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Firstly, there's a lot more to this site than the Celtics and basketball in general. It's a great place for breaking news on a lot of stories, such is the mindset and intelligence of the posters.

Secondly, the Daily Babble has been a part of my daily rotation for a long time now. I thoroughly enjoy reading it and can very much appreciate the writing. In fact, I'd say it's pretty flawless when we consider the tripe a lot of these "experts" come out with.

Thirdly, laters.

BTW, what was the point of that one?

No idea, this is just a little weird.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 07:08:22 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Is it necessary to make a thread on why you stopped reading the blog? I don't think anyone cares. If you don't like it.. be quiet and find another website.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 07:10:52 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Is it necessary to make a thread on why you stopped reading the blog? I don't think anyone cares. If you don't like it.. be quiet and find another website.

although i disagree with the OP's stance....i think it is ok to make a thread on it.  it can bring an awareness to posters and mods....plus other members may have similar feelings.

again, i dont agree with it, but i think opening a dialogue on differences can be a positive thing.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 07:11:10 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
It's too bad you don't like the site, but I think the number of responses and people looking at this thread show just how much we disagree with you, and how much the rest of us really enjoy CelticsBlog. We come to its defense. Cya around, Ortho.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 07:17:26 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Hey, ortho. I got a question. Have you actually read any of Steve's articles? I'm pretty sure that only a person who hadn't would make that type of post.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Ortho!!!  You Are Who WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Steve's articles are awesome.

It's really a thing of beauty.  On a given night, there are what, eight games, maybe?  Everyone's watching the same games.  Everyone has the same stats.  Most of the "experts" are just babbling about the same-old, same-old, conventional wisdom present as original thought.

Steve's always pointing us in the direction of something interesting; something brewing with a club we don't follow as closely as our beloved C's, or just looking at the same information everyone else sees in a fresh way. 

Everyone has something to say.  Not everyone has something INTERESTING to say.

So, bully to you, SW, you're a big part of why I spend a lot MORE time on CelticsBlog than I have in the past few years.

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

although i disagree with the OP's stance....i think it is ok to make a thread on it.  it can bring an awareness to posters and mods....plus other members may have similar feelings.

again, i dont agree with it, but i think opening a dialogue on differences can be a positive thing.

no it's not.

monty python lives....
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 07:33:40 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'd been reading this blog for a few years. It was nice because it focused on the Celtics. I stopped reading it because it didn't focus on the Celtics anymore, but the league as a whole. After "Daily Babble" was introduced, it eventually got to a point where some weeks more than half the posts weren't even about the Celtics. Do you see the problem here? If I wanted a blog with a general perspective on the league I would read TrueHoop, or one of the other countless blogs dedicated to the league as a whole, but that's not why I first started coming here -- I started coming here so I could read about just the Celtics. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that other people feel the same way as me.

I Think you should grow some kahunas and post under your real screen name!
 Instead you post under "ortho" and keep reading under your real name, what a wimp. You can't even post your own opinion in you real name you and need to hide behind...........ortho!  LOL  pretty lame.
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I'd been reading this blog for a few years. It was nice because it focused on the Celtics. I stopped reading it because it didn't focus on the Celtics anymore, but the league as a whole. After "Daily Babble" was introduced, it eventually got to a point where some weeks more than half the posts weren't even about the Celtics. Do you see the problem here? If I wanted a blog with a general perspective on the league I would read TrueHoop, or one of the other countless blogs dedicated to the league as a whole, but that's not why I first started coming here -- I started coming here so I could read about just the Celtics. I don't think it's unreasonable to think that other people feel the same way as me.

Instead you post under "ortho" and keep reading under your real name, what a wimp. You can't even post your own opinion in you real name you and need to hide behind...........ortho!  LOL  pretty lame.

Now, I'm not scientist but I think you were looking to use "Cojones" not "Kahunas".  I got a bit of a laugh there :-)

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 07:39:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
lets not pesonally attack the poster

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
Sorry indeed I thought about it! But I feel it was justified, I mean he attacked all of us!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 07:45:41 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell

Now, I'm not scientist but I think you were looking to use "Cojones" not "Kahunas".  I got a bit of a laugh there :-)
Yeah,
 I understand that!
I am a surfer and we use the expression as Kahunas. Kinda like the "Big Kahuna" probably has some big kahunas.
L.A. Clippers

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 08:03:44 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Feel free to disagree with the original poster but do not resort to personal attacks.
-Dons

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team