Author Topic: biggest celebrity you've met  (Read 29074 times)

Re: biggest celebrity you've met
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11862
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
I taught Tammy Wynette and George Jones' daughter, Georgette,  in my class and they would come to some of the school functions and I got to know them.   I went to Georgette's 16th birthday party and George and Tammy were there along with a couple other country singers. 

I used to see Burt Reynolds all the time around town as he had a ranch not far from where I lived.  He was a nice guy and pretty down to earth.  Dom DeLouise used to come around a lot and he was really nice too.  They filmed Smokey and the Bear near my house.  Burt's stunt coordinator's son was in my class. 

Jack Nicklaus' daughter played softball for one of our rivals and we saw Jack at a lot of the games.  He was really stuck up and wouldn't even say hello to most people. I never liked him. 

Greg Norman lived not far from me too and he was one of the nicest guys around. He would always say hi and often you would see him signing autographs.   He is also a Celtics fan.  One day I saw him with a Celtics hat on and stopped him and talked Celtics with him. 

Gary Carter (Mets catcher for their '86 championship) had kids in our school as well and he is a super nice guy.  His kids were younger but he would come to practices and games and give kids some pointers. 

I had tickets to a Celtics game when they played the Heat and after the game I followed their bus to their hotel and met Kevin McHale, DJ, Parish, and everyone from the '91 team. Everyone but Larry Bird stood around for about an hour and signed autographs and posed for pictures. Bird didn't hang around.  The rest were really great, though!  Chief and McHale were the nicest.   When I got my picture with Chief, he leaned over and put his arm across my shoulder and was teasing about everyone cutting his head off in pictures.  McHale got on his knees a couple of times to pose with little kids for pictures.  They were really great even though they had to be tired after the game but they made it seem as though there was nothing they would rather do than talk to their fans. 

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2008, 08:38:02 PM »

Offline DivingCowens

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Pride, Baby. Pride!
"Biggest" = Shaquille O'Neal
My Dad had an office in Church Street Station when he was drafted by the Magic and I would go in on weekends to regularly see him at the Sharper Image (back then that store was still the shyt and rare).  Easily the biggest because as a 12 year old, he was ENORMOUS!

Most Important (Biggest) = ARNOLD "RED" AUERBACH
Around the same time as above, my Dad got us tickets to the Orlando All Star Game.  We were seated only a few rows behind Red and when it was the end of the 3rd, he got up to leave as we were heading back from the snackstand.  I couldn't help it and introduced myself while my Dad thanked him for the many hoops camps he went to as a kid.  This was almost 15 years before he died and I tell ya, he looked so sick at the time that I almost cried (I was a kid and he was GOD to me).  Got the full experience though - he had a seriously chewed up stogie hanging from the center of his mouth.

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Matt Damon.  I caddied for his dad quite a bit the past few summers.  Both are very cool guys.

he stiffed one of my friends at a restaurant years back (post Goodwill Hunting), after they gave him special treatment (essentially set off a section of the place for he and whoever he was with) - didn't leave a tip... not cool man, not cool

His dad was always very gracious with his tips for me.  Matt always took the time to talk to his dad's caddy when he was meeting him after the round for dinner.  I guess it just depends on when you see them and what kind of day they're having.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2008, 08:52:21 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I met Mark Wahlberg awhile back when he was still rapping.  :)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2008, 08:56:40 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Almost knocked over Kevin McHale in the hall at an arena. He was there scouting the NCAA tournament. I looked up and all I could muster was a pathetic "You're Kevin McHale". He smiled, said yes, and kept hobbling along. I can't believe I wasted that opportunity!

Met and spoke extensively with Danny Ainge on a business deal he was working on down while he was coaching Phoenix. Great down to earth guy. I made him sign a hat #44.

Met Hank Williams Jr. backstage at a concert. My former brother-in-law is his current drummer.

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2008, 09:07:09 PM »

Offline Champzilla

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 102
bbc3341. Do you live in Belmont ?
Boston is the Greatest City in the World !!!

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
A couple of years ago they filmed the movie "Chatham" (later renamed the Golden Boys) in the town where my shop is - ahem the town's name is Chatham (you reckon that's how they got the name?).  They converted parts of downtown Chatham to look like 1905.  Anyhow...My shop ended up being the post office in the movie.  David Caradine and Bruce Dern spent the better part of a day walking in and out of my shop.  Both were total space shots.  Caradine told the same story about 5 times.  Bruce Dern spotted my Ben Harper poster and proudly boasted about his daughter Laura being married to Ben.  He insisted on me getting a ladder so he could sign the poster.  He called Ben on his cell phone and left a message for him to let him know what he was doing.  I was running back and forth like I was trying catch a popup making sure he didn't fall off the ladder.

Anyhow...Here are some pics from the filming if you're interested.  The actress in the photos was Mariel Hemingway.  Rip Torn is also in the film, but he wasn't in the scenes at my shop.

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/Records1/chathamthemovie/
Yup

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2008, 09:30:33 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I knew Marvin Hagler before he became famous...he was a friend of a friend,during the time he won "Golden Gloves".Marvin use to come to a place called Lincoln Park,(Mass)  to box,as a youngster.I met Kareem in an airport back when he was a Buck.Shook hands with John F.Kennedy back in the early sixties. 

Ive also met Maury Porvich(sp),and OJ Simpson... if you consider him a famous person.I met the Juice back in his football days at Buffalo.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 09:50:53 PM by jay_jay54 »

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
Chuck Norris, Bill Engvall, Mark Brunett (sp?), 'The Hills'/'Laguna Beach' exec. producer, Bill Walton, Tim Russert..

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »

Offline pbon

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I met Dave Cowens at a harness racing track in Lewiston Maine In the late 80s he was there signing autographs and i still have it he seemed nice ,quiet guy

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

Offline bleedingreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Hinrich sucks, Deng sucks, Bulls suck, I'm out.
I met Doc Rivers and Danny Ainge while working on some comcast on demand gig. How appropriate!

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2008, 10:02:52 PM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
It's gotta be Anna Nicole Smith. Met her on the set of Naked Gun 33 1/3 during the summer of 1993. Also met Leslie Nielson, a true hero of mine. Too bad OJ was off that day. I've attached a picture of ANS with me (warning: PG-13 rated). I was just a little tyke then, but I definitely noticed that her bathing suit was a wee bit revealing. Also gotta love the shirt I was wearing. It's creepy that both ANS and DJ died during the same month...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 07:35:43 AM by EarthBall »

« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2008, 11:10:29 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I am a celebrity.

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:40 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Bruce Lee, I met him when he came to me and asked me to teach him King Fu.

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2008, 11:28:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
how could I forget that I met Tom Jones (and his body double - very weird) randomly in London
When you love life, life loves you right back