Author Topic: NBA Season 2026-27  (Read 2620 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2026, 03:42:58 PM »

Online snively

  • Paul Silas
  • ******
  • Posts: 6071
  • Tommy Points: 510
Cam Boozer looks good for Memphis. Nice footwork, strong, good decision making. Like what Jared Sullinger should have been.
2025 Draft: Chicago Bulls

PG: Chauncey Billups/Deron Williams
SG: Kobe Bryant/Eric Gordon
SF: Jimmy Butler/Danny Granger/Danilo Gallinari
PF: Al Horford/Zion Williamson
C: Yao Ming/Pau Gasol/Tyson Chandler

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2026, 08:17:28 PM »

Online Phantom255x

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 40312
  • Tommy Points: 3529
  • On To Banner 19!
OMG. Embiid flopped (in preseason smh) and nearly took out Jaylen's ACL or caused a serious injury either way in the process. What a moron.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 09:02:55 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15642
  • Tommy Points: 1127
Just looking at the box score for the HOU game in China.  Realizing that the HOU starting line up is huge:

C     Sengun       6'-11"
PF    Smith         6'-11"
SF   Durant         6'-11"
SG   Thompson   6'-7"
PG   VanVleet      6'-0"

I think it is better for Durant to play as the SF.  He shouldn't have to worry about rebounding so much with this line up.  Can just focus on scoring and facilitating.  I guess the question will be if this team has enough pure shooting.

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 09:14:19 AM »

Offline BitterJim

  • NGT
  • Satch Sanders
  • *********
  • Posts: 9334
  • Tommy Points: 1247
Just looking at the box score for the HOU game in China.  Realizing that the HOU starting line up is huge:

C     Sengun       6'-11"
PF    Smith         6'-11"
SF   Durant         6'-11"
SG   Thompson   6'-7"
PG   VanVleet      6'-0"

I think it is better for Durant to play as the SF.  He shouldn't have to worry about rebounding so much with this line up.  Can just focus on scoring and facilitating.  I guess the question will be if this team has enough pure shooting.

It's an Ime Udoka team, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess no.

Or more accurately, they might have the shooters, but they won't be put into good positions/utilized correctly so they will be a poor shooting team.
I'm bitter.

"There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state. The other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people." - Commander Adams, Battlestar Galactica

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 09:29:54 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

  • Tiny Archibald
  • *******
  • Posts: 7279
  • Tommy Points: 871
OMG. Embiid flopped (in preseason smh) and nearly took out Jaylen's ACL or caused a serious injury either way in the process. What a moron.

On top of his 1-5, 8 TO performance? Lol

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 09:33:32 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

  • Tiny Archibald
  • *******
  • Posts: 7279
  • Tommy Points: 871
Refs are calling the pushoff more so far in the pre-season. Seems like it is a focus this year.

Makes more sense why we got rid of Brown now :)

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #21 on: Today at 11:13:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

  • Global Moderator
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 34265
  • Tommy Points: 1809
  • What a Pub Should Be
Quote
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
?
11m
Just in: Golden State Warriors guard Brandin Podziemski has agreed to a five-year, $110 million fully guaranteed rookie-scale contract extension, agent Bill Duffy of WME Basketball tells ESPN. The deal includes a mutual option in the fifth year (2031-32) and a trade kicker.


2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #22 on: Today at 12:06:52 PM »

Online Who

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 55849
  • Tommy Points: 2630
Quote
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
?
11m
Just in: Golden State Warriors guard Brandin Podziemski has agreed to a five-year, $110 million fully guaranteed rookie-scale contract extension, agent Bill Duffy of WME Basketball tells ESPN. The deal includes a mutual option in the fifth year (2031-32) and a trade kicker.

Interesting contract. $22mil a year.

I'd rate him as a top 20 SG in the league. $20mil a year is money is expected for that type of range. Even a bit above it. Get near the 15th rank and you are looking at $30mil.

Reports out of camp have Podz as their best player. Maybe they feel he is going to get to that next level. His development has been disappointing thus far.

His defense is okay, his rebounding is terrific, his ball-handling and passing are strong, he can be a great glue guy / continuity player .... however, his shooting and scoring have been too undependable. They have wanted him to grow into a 3rd option behind Jimmy and Steph but he hasn't been able to do that. If he could do that, he would easily be a top 15 SG if not a top 10 SG. That would make his contract a bargain.

I don't know ... I might have held back and waited the 12 months if I were GSW. See if he can develop into a reliable scorer first. No need to give an early deal to a guy unless you are getting a bargain. This is more okay value. Better to wait I think.

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:08:10 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15642
  • Tommy Points: 1127
Quote
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
?
11m
Just in: Golden State Warriors guard Brandin Podziemski has agreed to a five-year, $110 million fully guaranteed rookie-scale contract extension, agent Bill Duffy of WME Basketball tells ESPN. The deal includes a mutual option in the fifth year (2031-32) and a trade kicker.

Interesting contract. $22mil a year.

I'd rate him as a top 20 SG in the league. $20mil a year is money is expected for that type of range. Even a bit above it. Get near the 15th rank and you are looking at $30mil.

Reports out of camp have Podz as their best player. Maybe they feel he is going to get to that next level. His development has been disappointing thus far.

His defense is okay, his rebounding is terrific, his ball-handling and passing are strong, he can be a great glue guy / continuity player .... however, his shooting and scoring have been too undependable. They have wanted him to grow into a 3rd option behind Jimmy and Steph but he hasn't been able to do that. If he could do that, he would easily be a top 15 SG if not a top 10 SG. That would make his contract a bargain.

I don't know ... I might have held back and waited the 12 months if I were GSW. See if he can develop into a reliable scorer first. No need to give an early deal to a guy unless you are getting a bargain. This is more okay value. Better to wait I think.

Is he better than Pritchard?

Re: NBA Season 2026-27
« Reply #24 on: Today at 01:14:34 PM »

Online Who

  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 55849
  • Tommy Points: 2630
Quote
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
?
11m
Just in: Golden State Warriors guard Brandin Podziemski has agreed to a five-year, $110 million fully guaranteed rookie-scale contract extension, agent Bill Duffy of WME Basketball tells ESPN. The deal includes a mutual option in the fifth year (2031-32) and a trade kicker.

Interesting contract. $22mil a year.

I'd rate him as a top 20 SG in the league. $20mil a year is money is expected for that type of range. Even a bit above it. Get near the 15th rank and you are looking at $30mil.

Reports out of camp have Podz as their best player. Maybe they feel he is going to get to that next level. His development has been disappointing thus far.

His defense is okay, his rebounding is terrific, his ball-handling and passing are strong, he can be a great glue guy / continuity player .... however, his shooting and scoring have been too undependable. They have wanted him to grow into a 3rd option behind Jimmy and Steph but he hasn't been able to do that. If he could do that, he would easily be a top 15 SG if not a top 10 SG. That would make his contract a bargain.

I don't know ... I might have held back and waited the 12 months if I were GSW. See if he can develop into a reliable scorer first. No need to give an early deal to a guy unless you are getting a bargain. This is more okay value. Better to wait I think.

Is he better than Pritchard?

Nope.

I think Pritchard is worth $30mil a year. The quality at PG is better than SG. I'd probably have Pritchard in that 15th-20th bracket but because the quality is better I'd value him closer to the 15th slot at most other positions even if he is closer to the 20th slot at PG.