Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26  (Read 2960 times)

LilRip and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #45 on: Yesterday at 04:56:31 AM »

Offline Kernewek

  • Antoine Walker
  • ****
  • Posts: 4864
  • Tommy Points: 306
  • International Superstar
47 three-point attempts, right out of the gate.

So much for Brad's declaration that we need more attempts "at the rim".

To be fair, most of the shots did get 'at the rim' eventually, even if they were launched behind the three point line.

Anyway, it's preseason. I don't think we should take that much from it.
"...unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it."

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #46 on: Yesterday at 05:22:42 AM »

Offline ozgod

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20158
  • Tommy Points: 1645
Pritchard earned a starting role last year and yet ended up being more effective with high minutes off the bench.   Baylor definitely looks like a contributor and I see him neck and neck with Hauser.   One probably emerges but maybe Joe just plays hunches with who to play game to game.  Hugo has to get minutes to develop but I don?t see him starting unless that shot matures.

When do we see the starters?

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. This might be more an audition for those guys on Exhibit 10s for the final two way and roster spots. Joe hates showing his hand early.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D


Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #47 on: Yesterday at 08:22:00 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15641
  • Tommy Points: 1127
Pritchard earned a starting role last year and yet ended up being more effective with high minutes off the bench.   Baylor definitely looks like a contributor and I see him neck and neck with Hauser.   One probably emerges but maybe Joe just plays hunches with who to play game to game.  Hugo has to get minutes to develop but I don?t see him starting unless that shot matures.

When do we see the starters?

This is my position also.  Pritchard did play very well last season, good enough to start, but he was very effective off the bench.  Hauser sitting out this game with the other starters is a tell to me.  I know Pritchard and other likely rotation players sat it out also, not just starters, but Hauser was given some consideration over Walsh, Scheierman, and Hugo, who all played.

I couldn't watch, only listen on the radio.  A lot of young players played very well.  I look forward to seeing Carter.  Sounded like he was very good.  Has his own thread after one preseason game, pretty impressive.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #48 on: Yesterday at 09:26:49 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

  • Tiny Archibald
  • *******
  • Posts: 7279
  • Tommy Points: 871
The deep bench did everything you would want them to do in the first pre-season game. Cenac, Hugo, Baylor, Walsh, Garza, and Carter all looked good in different ways.

We might have one of the deepest teams in the league this year. Every minute of the game could be really fun to watch. Good vibes on the team too. There's excitement, readiness to play, physicality, etc.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #49 on: Yesterday at 01:00:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

  • NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20696
  • Tommy Points: 1366
Bench is more deep and more athletic.

Cenac needs to hit the weight room to get stronger with the ball.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #50 on: Today at 01:55:41 AM »

Online LilRip

  • Tiny Archibald
  • *******
  • Posts: 7055
  • Tommy Points: 416
I was able to catch up mainly thru highlights. It seems like Baylor and Devin Carter played well and stood out. Also Garza.

I was really hoping to see more of Walsh and Hugo. How did their defense look? Walsh looks like a guy who has all the tools and should eventually break out. But we?ve seen a bunch of guys like him wash out in the league too.
- LilRip