Author Topic: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26  (Read 2180 times)

ozgod, Neurotic Guy, tenn_smoothie and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 09:18:19 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

  • Dennis Johnson
  • ******************
  • Posts: 18723
  • Tommy Points: 2420
Mitchell looks very active on the glass from the limited part of the game I've been able to watch.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 09:23:30 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

  • Dennis Johnson
  • ******************
  • Posts: 18723
  • Tommy Points: 2420
I don't care the Cenac missed that layup (though he easily should have made it).  His screening on that entire sequence needed to be more solid.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 09:24:15 PM »

Offline radiohead

  • Don Nelson
  • ********
  • Posts: 8507
  • Tommy Points: 1455
Carter with a really solid game. I hope he?s willing to go with a 2-way for now. But with how he?s played today, can some other team just offer him a contract for a regular roster spot? Or does the exhibit 10 give us any protection from this happening?

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 09:28:22 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15993
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 09:31:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

  • Cedric Maxwell
  • **************
  • Posts: 14273
  • Tommy Points: 2122
  • Sometimes there's no sane reason for optimism
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 09:33:21 PM »

Offline Atzar

  • Danny Ainge
  • **********
  • Posts: 10675
  • Tommy Points: 1968
Good to have basketball back, and good to start the season with a win.  Built the lead against Cleveland's first unit too, that's a bonus.

Some good stuff from the game.  Always hard to read into a game where nobody was in the role they'll have come regular season.  But I have to imagine that Carter helped his case for earning a roster spot somewhere, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what Gonzalez has to offer this season. 

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 09:48:25 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15993
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Either Pritchard or Hauser will start. The only reason Baylor or Hugo would start is if there was an injury or due to resting PG13 on a B2B.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 09:53:31 PM »

Offline slamtheking

  • NCE
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 34197
  • Tommy Points: 10360
can't say I thought anyone was horrible or stunk.  some of the play could have been better but overall, no one was bad.  having said that,  I think they have something in Cenac and Mitchell.  Carter looks like a real find right now.  C's may not be able to keep him without figuring some way to give him at least a 2-way.  Don't think exhibit-10 will be enough to keep him

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 09:55:26 PM »

Offline smicker16

  • Nikola Vucevic
  • Posts: 308
  • Tommy Points: 37
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Either Pritchard or Hauser will start. The only reason Baylor or Hugo would start is if there was an injury or due to resting PG13 on a B2B.

I do think Hauser will start in the beginning but similar to last year I think they will also try stretches of Baylor, Hugo or Walsh starting.

I think we all have to hope one of those guys beats out Hauser. That?s our best and really only way back to being a true competitor in my mind. I do not see Hauser as a great starter so I hope one of those guys beat him out with their strong play.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 10:11:30 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15993
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Either Pritchard or Hauser will start. The only reason Baylor or Hugo would start is if there was an injury or due to resting PG13 on a B2B.

I do think Hauser will start in the beginning but similar to last year I think they will also try stretches of Baylor, Hugo or Walsh starting.

I think we all have to hope one of those guys beats out Hauser. That?s our best and really only way back to being a true competitor in my mind. I do not see Hauser as a great starter so I hope one of those guys beat him out with their strong play.

They can just go with Pritchard, White, PG13, Tatum, Queta. I think that will be the starting rotation. Payton has earned a starting role. He deserves it.


Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 10:13:33 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

  • Reggie Lewis
  • ***************
  • Posts: 15993
  • Tommy Points: 1846
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Either Pritchard or Hauser will start. The only reason Baylor or Hugo would start is if there was an injury or due to resting PG13 on a B2B.

I do think Hauser will start in the beginning but similar to last year I think they will also try stretches of Baylor, Hugo or Walsh starting.

I think we all have to hope one of those guys beats out Hauser. That?s our best and really only way back to being a true competitor in my mind. I do not see Hauser as a great starter so I hope one of those guys beat him out with their strong play.




They can go with Pritchard, White, PG13, Tatum, Queta. I think that will be the starting five. Payton has earned a starting role. He deserves it.

Bench: Connely, Baylor, Hauser, Hugo, Walsh, Robinson
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:38:32 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
Quote
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 10:42:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

  • Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • *********************************
  • Posts: 65250
  • Tommy Points: -25334
  • Optionality: Cope Springs Eternal
Well, Hopefully we can put the Hugo or Baylor will start talk to rest.

Why? If Pritchard comes off the bench, Baylor has to be the leader to start. Great connective piece, can shoot, plays hard, and has a great feel for the game. He may not be a starter from game 1, but he?ll get plenty of of starts this year. I?d imagine Hugo will, too

Either Pritchard or Hauser will start. The only reason Baylor or Hugo would start is if there was an injury or due to resting PG13 on a B2B.

With PG inevitably missing 40 games, that means plenty of starts for Baylor, I guess.
I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER... AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #42 on: Today at 12:59:25 AM »

Online ozgod

  • Johnny Most
  • ********************
  • Posts: 20157
  • Tommy Points: 1645
Didn't see the game yet, I have it on DVR but looks like Devin Carter made a good impression? And Hugo and Luka played well. Best of all, the Philly Suxers lost to the Nets with their Big Five  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D


Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #43 on: Today at 04:48:15 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

  • Tiny Archibald
  • *******
  • Posts: 7421
  • Tommy Points: 865
47 three-point attempts, right out of the gate.

So much for Brad's declaration that we need more attempts "at the rim".
The Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett - Tatum

The Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce - Brown

Re: Celtics (0-0) at Cavaliers (0-0) Preseason Game 1 10/8/26
« Reply #44 on: Today at 04:53:35 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

  • Paul Pierce
  • ***************************
  • Posts: 27290
  • Tommy Points: 2831
Pritchard earned a starting role last year and yet ended up being more effective with high minutes off the bench.   Baylor definitely looks like a contributor and I see him neck and neck with Hauser.   One probably emerges but maybe Joe just plays hunches with who to play game to game.  Hugo has to get minutes to develop but I don?t see him starting unless that shot matures.

When do we see the starters?