Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 16896 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • On To Banner 18!
I'll give the Cavs a ton of credit. They could have folded. They didn't. Played hard to the end.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Man, Draymond is such a tool. Get him off of TNT.

I strongly agree...

What did he say?

flapping his gums trying to bait JT into looking ahead and giving others locker room material. dray is a thug and a tool

yeah, and Draymond is no fan of the Celtics, that is really clear.  he has an agenda

He was taking shots at Gobert the other night as well. Old business with Draymond getting thrown out of the game for tangling with Gobert needlessly. And unhappiness at Gobert winning DPOYs that Draymond felt he deserved.

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The ECF for the 6th time in 8 years.

We've gone 8-2 for the playoffs thus far and played in only one clutch game, which we won, and we've done it mostly without our third best player for 75% of the games. Every other team is going 6 or 7, and honestly, we've had long stretches where we've not played super well and played down to the competition.

Regardless of the competition, given all of that I think we're right where we need to be and should be happy. I think some people are a little unrealistic with their expectations that we should be blowing out teams every night just because of our regular season record. That's simply not how it works in the NBA, especially the playoffs and even with guys out. Stars being out only opens up more opportunities for other NBA-level players.

It’s reasonable to make something of the 8-2 playoff record.  It’s right in line with their 64-18 regular season record.  In fact - percentage-wise a little better. The negative posters have one mantra - we’ll lose to Denver.  No reason to go there - except to provoke.  Everyone understands Denver will be tough to beat. I’m not certain

Funnily enough, the negative nancies are doing what they accuse the team of doing - disrespecting the competition. We don't know if we'll play Denver in the Finals. We haven't gotten there yet, neither has Denver. A lot can happen between then and now. All the guys can do is continue to play the teams in front of them.

And for the record, Denver doesn't look like an unstoppable force should we end up facing them. They eked out a couple of buzzer beating wins in the first round when they were down big and let Minny go up 2-0. That's the same flip the switch mentality quite a few here claim will kill the C's.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
JB said the cavs did everything to make him a distributor tonight

And JB did a pretty good job at that, 7 assists, JT had 9 assists.   That part of tonight was a good part.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

Ric Flair would have performed on an amputated leg

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I'll give the Cavs a ton of credit. They could have folded. They didn't. Played hard to the end.

Absolutely, they maximized the results from the guys they had left after all the injuries.

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
Man, Draymond is such a tool. Get him off of TNT.

I strongly agree...

What did he say?

flapping his gums trying to bait JT into looking ahead and giving others locker room material. dray is a thug and a tool

Facts

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758

We've gone 8-2 for the playoffs thus far and played in only one clutch game, which we won, and we've done it mostly without our third best player for 75% of the games. Every other team is going 6 or 7, and honestly, we've had long stretches where we've not played super well and played down to the competition.

Regardless of the competition, given all of that I think we're right where we need to be and should be happy. I think some people are a little unrealistic with their expectations that we should be blowing out teams every night just because of our regular season record. That's simply not how it works in the NBA, especially the playoffs and even with guys out. Stars being out only opens up more opportunities for other NBA-level players.

Probably all true and now getting a little rest while NY and Indy continue to beat hell out of each other is a big plus.
I just cannot help but believe that our achilles heel (offensive execution) will get this team in the end. It is such a glaring problem.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

Ric Flair would have performed on an amputated leg

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956

It’s reasonable to make something of the 8-2 playoff record.  It’s right in line with their 64-18 regular season record.  In fact - percentage-wise a little better. The negative posters have one mantra - we’ll lose to Denver.  No reason to go there - except to provoke.  Everyone understands Denver will be tough to beat. I’m not certain

Funnily enough, the negative nancies are doing what they accuse the team of doing - disrespecting the competition. We don't know if we'll play Denver in the Finals. We haven't gotten there yet, neither has Denver. A lot can happen between then and now. All the guys can do is continue to play the teams in front of them.

And for the record, Denver doesn't look like an unstoppable force should we end up facing them. They eked out a couple of buzzer beating wins in the first round when they were down big and let Minny go up 2-0. That's the same flip the switch mentality quite a few here claim will kill the C's.

All true. But, as a certain guy who occasionally gets mentioned here used to say, to be the man, you’ve gotta beat the man. Now is our time.

• Johnny Most

Probably all true and now getting a little rest while NY and Indy continue to beat hell out of each other is a big plus.
I just cannot help but believe that our achilles heel (offensive execution) will get this team in the end. It is such a glaring problem.

huge concern. im still very worried about joes terrible rotations watching luke get destroyed and nlot playing X or Q

it is like a team running dive plays non stop against a 3 man front. load the box! his refusla to adjust or use his deep bench is infuriating and mesmerizing all at once
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most

All true. But, as a certain guy who occasionally gets mentioned here used to say, to be the man, you’ve gotta beat the man. Now is our time.
[/

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo

+1 let's go!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 10:10:50 PM by kraidstar »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 179

Don't forget that we are way ahead of the 2008 team who went to 7 games in both of the first two rounds!

• Johnny Most
WE WANT THE BELT! WE WANT THE BELT! WE WANT THE BELT!

LET'S GO CELTICS!