Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-3) at Celtics (3-1) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #5 5/15/24  (Read 18406 times)

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1665
The ECF for the 6th time in 8 years.

We've gone 8-2 for the playoffs thus far and played in only one clutch game, which we won, and we've done it mostly without our third best player for 75% of the games. Every other team is going 6 or 7, and honestly, we've had long stretches where we've not played super well and played down to the competition.

Regardless of the competition, given all of that I think we're right where we need to be and should be happy. I think some people are a little unrealistic with their expectations that we should be blowing out teams every night just because of our regular season record. That's simply not how it works in the NBA, especially the playoffs and even with guys out. Stars being out only opens up more opportunities for other NBA-level players.
Don't forget that we are way ahead of the 2008 team who went to 7 games in both of the first two rounds!

yup. i said that the other day on main board.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 763
The ECF for the 6th time in 8 years.

We've gone 8-2 for the playoffs thus far and played in only one clutch game, which we won, and we've done it mostly without our third best player for 75% of the games. Every other team is going 6 or 7, and honestly, we've had long stretches where we've not played super well and played down to the competition.

Regardless of the competition, given all of that I think we're right where we need to be and should be happy. I think some people are a little unrealistic with their expectations that we should be blowing out teams every night just because of our regular season record. That's simply not how it works in the NBA, especially the playoffs and even with guys out. Stars being out only opens up more opportunities for other NBA-level players.

It’s reasonable to make something of the 8-2 playoff record.  It’s right in line with their 64-18 regular season record.  In fact - percentage-wise a little better. The negative posters have one mantra - we’ll lose to Denver.  No reason to go there - except to provoke.  Everyone understands Denver will be tough to beat. I’m not certain Cs will be unable to win if that’s the matchup. We’ll see.

Simply not true. I am stating a genuine concern for a very specific weakness this team has and looking at our record of reaching the ECF multiple times and the finals once and then failing, much due to that chronic problem with our offense, that concern has plenty of merit. In fact, we lost to Denver both games this season because of our stagnant offense. We lost to Golden State due to the same issue.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 10:13:56 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2519
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

Ric Flair would have performed on an amputated leg

bang the gong, the cavs are dead hahaha

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1270

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I’m happy we advanced but this effort will not cut it against the Knicks or anybody out west.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562
I’m happy we advanced but this effort will not cut it against the Knicks or anybody out west.
And when they stomp the Knicks with similar effort what are you going to say? 

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2519

I'm going to say:

• Johnny Most
Ric Flair upset with Michell, LOL

""Sore calf? Really?" Flair tweeted. "You would think for 32 million dollars annual salary that you could have participated in the game tonight and represented Cleveland! I’ve wrestled in rotator cuffs, after almost dying from surgeries & airplane crashes, and never missed a match. "

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ric-flair-takes-exception-cavaliers-star-sitting-out-injury-playoffs

Ric Flair would have performed on an amputated leg

bang the gong, the cavs are dead hahaha

have another TP!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

• Johnny Most

I'm going to say:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE ARE ON A ROLL TONIGHT BABY!!!!!!!!!!1

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2990

I'm going to say:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WE ARE ON A ROLL TONIGHT BABY!!!!!!!!!!1

TP……nature boy is dancing.

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I hope you’re right and I’m just a dumb doomer we’ll see. Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

• Johnny Most
i will not lie. i think it will take more guys chipping in and KP being back to have a shot to win it all

but.............

if we can manage 8 more ugly wins that wins us a banner

bring it on...........................
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 746
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Notice how every other team that has had injuries gets the excuses but the Celtics lose a 21 point and 7 rebounds a game guy in KP and it’s glossed over.

Offline 0003323344

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
i will not lie. i think it will take more guys chipping in and KP being back to have a shot to win it all

but.............

if we can manage 8 more ugly wins that wins us a banner

bring it on...........................

If Joe knew how to coach and played X man and Q man instead of just Horford and Kornet they might be able to win it all without KP but since he doesn't they'll need KP to have a chance.

Offline 0003323344

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I think Dallas is going to be in the Finals. Wouldn't that be a sweet match up with Kyrie and Doncic.