Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 14297 times)

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Regarding Al, yes he was clanging shots for the 2nd game in a row - but his defense was good tonight, helping on Garland mainly. Joe managed his minutes a lot better than in Game 3 - only 28.

I don't buy the old age part. He's still got enough in the tank if his minutes are managed properly. And his shooting misses weren't bad ones - he was just a little off.  He was 0-4 from 3 but 3 of 5 from inside the arc.

Kornet got exposed a couple of times vs Mobley, but overall held his own and gave the team 19 decent minutes.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1790191628390727766

To answer your question —
No, we don’t know why the Celtics don’t run plays in the fourth quarter of close games.

Bill is just one of us frustrated fans at this point haha

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
Regarding Al, yes he was clanging shots for the 2nd game in a row - but his defense was good tonight, helping on Garland, mainly. Joe managed his minutes a lot better than in Game 3 - only 28.

I don't buy the old age part. He's still got enough in the tank if his minutes are manged properly. And his shooting misses weren't bad ones - he was just a little off.  He was 0-4 from 3 but 3 of 5 from inside the arc.

Kornet got exposed a couple of times vs Mobley, but overall held his own and gave the team 19 decent minutes.

0-10 his last 10 threes!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 382
I'll say it....Refs screwed The Cavs.....High Five my butt.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 445
This game was way too close without Mitchell. Did we forget how we got here with ball movement and an open shot? Seems like a little too much hero ball and many bad shots some of which went in but we survived. I will take it but we need to start moving the ball again.

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 615
Not sure how to feel. Not having a liability like smart on the floor is part of the reason we pulled it out. Their defense had to play honest and couldn't cheat off anyone. We also played with good energy I thought which wouldn't been the case in years past in this kind of game.

Still worrisome we went 5+ minutes without a bucket. That won't work in the finals.

But going up 3-1 is the moat important thing.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 573
On the negative side Al is 4-22 from three in this series and White is 5-20 the last three games. Those guys going through some shooting struggles.

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
https://twitter.com/lissmx14/status/1790193972062957664

That was Jayson Tatum’s 12th career playoff game with at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists — the 8th most in league history.

Only LeBron, Kareem, Bird, Jokic, Giannis, Wilt and Elgin Baylor have more

In the last two games he passed MJ, Shaq, KD, Russ, Barkley and Oscar on that list

If you’re wondering how high he can climb on the list…

LeBron: 49 (****oo)
Kareem: 20
Bird: 19
Jokic: 18
Giannis: 15
Wilt & Baylor: 14

And he's only 19! Put some respect on this man's name.

(Seriously, though, pretty impressive and does just further the argument that Tatum is almost a victim of his own success without winning a title thus far. Also, his rebounding improvements over the past few years are really instrumental in allowing us to play how we play now - i.e., smaller with him as PF.)

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
need KP back for ECF
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

That is like a textbook definition of the high five call lol That was a clear good no-call by the refs.

The JB/Strus stuff is where you could say we benefitted from not getting a T.

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
Regarding Al, yes he was clanging shots for the 2nd game in a row - but his defense was good tonight, helping on Garland, mainly. Joe managed his minutes a lot better than in Game 3 - only 28.

I don't buy the old age part. He's still got enough in the tank if his minutes are manged properly. And his shooting misses weren't bad ones - he was just a little off.  He was 0-4 from 3 but 3 of 5 from inside the arc.

0-10 his last 10 threes!
42% during season which is about 6% above the league average - he'll bounce back. The shot is the last thing to go and he's still got his legs - as long as Joe doesn't play him 40 minutes every game.

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 382

That is like a textbook definition of the high five call lol That was a clear good no-call by the refs.

The JB/Strus stuff is where you could say we benefitted from not getting a T.

Nah, Jaylen had his hands behind his head trying to get Strus' foot away....Refs were explaining it to the Cavs, they got that call correct.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740

0-10 his last 10 threes!

And amazingly enough he has the highest +/- of anyone in this series.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not sure how to feel. Not having a liability like smart on the floor is part of the reason we pulled it out. Their defense had to play honest and couldn't cheat off anyone. We also played with good energy I thought which wouldn't been the case in years past in this kind of game.

Still worrisome we went 5+ minutes without a bucket. That won't work in the finals.

But going up 3-1 is the moat important thing.

Smart was awesome last year in the playoffs and has always upped his game overall. I get visibly angry when people just casually talk about Smart like he was this ineffective stiff.

Are we going to pretend that Derrick White isn't a liability offensively right now?