Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 14293 times)

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
Tatum, JB and Jrue all came through big time.

Kornet and Pritchard had some nice moments.

White and Horford seem to be suffering shooting slumps.

Every time I see Pritchard out there, I think about how close he was to being gone after his playing time frustrations last year. Man, did we luck out there.

He hit another big three tonight too. Pritchard has been great.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572
Can’t really put too much lipstick on this pig other to say they weathered a motivated team in their arena and held on for the win. 

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Jaylen was the only one with any guts late in the game.

Still, it was a strange performance by him. Look at it one way and see 9-15 FGA and 27pts, excellent. Another way he had 5 turnovers and 9 trips to the line so an extra 9 possessions. Still 27pts on 24 possessions is a good number. That late 3 giving him a needed little extra bump (from 24pts 23poss). Against only 1 assist. All those possessions used to try and score and only 1 assist. 24 possessions he took for himself. Only 1 assist.

It is games like this where I wonder how much he really adds to an offense. Some brute-force scoring. Not much teamwork. Lots of mistakes that drag down his efficiency despite terrific shooting numbers.

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
okoro with only 2 points

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

we had to hold him to 9 or under for me to win prop bet

BOOOOOOOOOOOm $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Tatum, JB and Jrue all came through big time.

Kornet and Pritchard had some nice moments.

White and Horford seem to be suffering shooting slumps.

Every time I see Pritchard out there, I think about how close he was to being gone after his playing time frustrations last year. Man, did we luck out there.

He hit another big three tonight too. Pritchard has been great.

That was a huge three at the time.

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Anything on JBs reaction after his three?  What was that about?

• Johnny Most
we have the players

if we could put it together for 60 minutes on both ends of the floor we would blow most teams out. heck we did in all our miami wins and two of our cavs wins
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
I did predict that Celtics would win this game, then lose game 5, then come back and seal the deal with a win in game 6. 

Hopefully they prove me wrong and take care of business in game 5...I just expect that the Cavs are going to come out fighting with their backs against the wall and at the same time the Celtics tend to come out lazy when they have big series leads.   

Naw, if Mitchell doesn't play I think it's a blowout in Boston. Tonight was their one game to come out fighting. They're not going to be able to do the same sans Mitchell in a rowdy Boston environment.

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 259
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
Jrue and Tatum have really stepped up in the last two games. Jaylen has also been great.

Now if White and Horford could step up a little, that'd be great. It's painful seeing Horford just missing wide open 3s but surely he'll start to hit some right?

white will be fine...I expected him to cool down, as for Horford is older- I don't expect a lot  from him on offense hes been rebounding well..just the high mins from him, I am not expecting him to hit all his 3s maybe the wide open ones today.

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • B's Up
The ref was on the court and ran into him when he was curling out for that 3. He told him to "get the heck off the court". Coaches didn't want another Tech
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

• Johnny Most
Jrue and Tatum have really stepped up in the last two games. Jaylen has also been great.

Now if White and Horford could step up a little, that'd be great. It's painful seeing Horford just missing wide open 3s but surely he'll start to hit some right?

white will be fine...I expected him to cool down, as for Horford is older- I don't expect a lot  from him on offense hes been rebounding well..just the high mins from him, I am not expecting him to hit all his 3s maybe the wide open ones today.

i told people this last year. Al has been ridden hard the last few years here. the miles are piling up on his body. joe is NOT helping him by being so stubborn and resting him whilst playing X or Q.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Never been an easier path to the finals that I’ve ever witnessed. If they do happen to make it the competition leap is gonna be a smack in the face

Hopefully if they do make it, whoever they play is totally beat up and the Cs are well-rested. GSW benefitted from a fairly easy run in 2022, while we had to run the gauntlet. It finally caught up to us in the end.

Same thing with Denver last year.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25593
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It was an ugly game, but ugly wins count the same as the blowouts.  I doubt Mitchell will be back in Game 5, so let's close it out at home.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
The ref was on the court and ran into him when he was curling out for that 3. He told him to "get the heck off the court". Coaches didn't want another Tech

Thanks

• Johnny Most
joe schmoe at the podium now on NBATV
LET'S GO CELTICS!