Author Topic: Celtics (2-1) at Cavaliers (1-2) Eastern Conference Semifinals Game #4 5/13/24  (Read 14309 times)

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1652
Never been an easier path to the finals that I’ve ever witnessed. If they do happen to make it the competition leap is gonna be a smack in the face

Hopefully if they do make it, whoever they play is totally beat up and the Cs are well-rested. GSW benefitted from a fairly easy run in 2022, while we had to run the gauntlet. It finally caught up to us in the end.

yeah well and we shoulda still beaten GS 3 times and took it 7 games. we blew game 4.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
I remember Jrue having a 5pts 5ast 5reb very early in Q2. Maybe 2min in to Q2. He did not have another assist all game. D White had 3 assists. Jaylen 1 assist against 4 turnovers. Pritchard 1 assist. Horford 0 assists.

Tatum had 5 assists. Some lovely passes. He also had 4 turnovers. Still I wonder how bad the offense would've looked without his added ball-handling & passing.

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2043
16 second half points by JB.  Great performance.  Clutch FT's.

That 4th quarter offensive performance was not acceptable.  That's exactly how we play when we lose games in the 4th.  Slow, predictable, stagnant.  Just awful, awful basketball that every coach and knowledgeable fan abhors watching.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Tatum = 31pts 11reb 5ast 2stl 1blk

11-24 FGA 9-9 FTA 4 turnovers

• Johnny Most
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 573
16 second half points by JB.  Great performance.  Clutch FT's.

That 4th quarter offensive performance was not acceptable.  That's exactly how we play when we lose games in the 4th.  Slow, predictable, stagnant.  Just awful, awful basketball that every coach and knowledgeable fan abhors watching.

One thing I did like: They went to some Jaylen/Tatum PnR's. I think that's the right idea especially with KP out. Put your two bets offensive players close to the action.

• Johnny Most
CAVS are done.

we will rout them in the garden
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
Kudos to Jrue - another really good game.  Jaylen efficient again - and hit FTs.  JT with a good line.  Just frustrating it was this close.

Nice to take the win on a DW off night.

Jrue has had one of those years that just aren’t reflected in the stats. He happily gave up his role as the #1 or #2 to come here, where he knew he was going to be option 4 or 5. Defense, assists, all unbelievable for him this year.

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 302
Scal now talking about how wonderful the win was. Apparently, he didn’t watch it.

I haven't watched Scal's post game comments, but this was a good win. The last 2-3 years, the Celtics would have lost this game. The team has this mental hurdle where if the other teams star player isn't playing, the Celtics find a way to lose. When I realized Mitchell was out, I started to worry.

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 573
Tatum, JB and Jrue all came through big time.

Kornet and Pritchard had some nice moments.

White and Horford seem to be suffering shooting slumps.

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2740
What was going on with Brown having to be pulled back after he hit that last three? He was angry and yelling at someone while they were going to the bench for the time out.

• Johnny Most
we need to be clicking on all cylinders WITH KP in the ECF

we have to have that continuity rolling into the FINALS
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956

Every time I see Pritchard out there, I think about how close he was to being gone after his playing time frustrations last year. Man, did we luck out there.

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 894
  • GOT IT!!!
Better root for the Knicks because the way the C's bigs are getting cooked the Pacers will be a PROBLEM.

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1027

Every time I see Pritchard out there, I think about how close he was to being gone after his playing time frustrations last year. Man, did we luck out there.

That was a coaching issue where Pritchard should've gotten more minutes. The same thing is happening to Xavier...just play him dang it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)