Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (Update: Dislocated Tendon)  (Read 95913 times)

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2024, 11:00:34 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3090
  • On To Banner 18!
Has KP been travelling with the team during their road games? If not, then it might be best to bring him back Game 5 and not have him travel to Indiana and potentially strain/stress the calf further.

It'd be nice to have him back earlier but Woj basically already ruled him out the first three games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2024, 11:16:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
Has KP been travelling with the team during their road games? If not, then it might be best to bring him back Game 5 and not have him travel to Indiana and potentially strain/stress the calf further.

It'd be nice to have him back earlier but Woj basically already ruled him out the first three games.

i think he was in cleveland with them.

« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2024, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1039
If we win Game 2 there’s no real reason to bring him back in Indiana for Game 4.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2024, 11:32:10 AM »

Offline TheTruth34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I think you have to get Porzingis some run to shake off the rust and back into the flow.  Missing a month and then getting inserted into high stakes (ECF/Finals) playoff intensity would take at least a game or two.

« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2024, 11:38:45 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503
If Zinger is ready to play he needs to play.  He should only be held out if he's not 100% and the C's are up 3-0.  Otherwise he needs to knock the rust off and get ready for the Finals.  A month off is a long time and there is an adjustment coming back.

« Reply #335 on: May 22, 2024, 12:24:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Celtics need to realize game two is so important to win , to keep KP on the bench resting long as possible. Especially with Tillman out too.

« Reply #336 on: May 22, 2024, 12:30:30 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 303
I'm wondering if Porzingis can play now, but everyone involved thinks it would be best to have some extra rest.

« Reply #337 on: May 22, 2024, 12:34:54 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 391
I think you have to get Porzingis some run to shake off the rust and back into the flow.  Missing a month and then getting inserted into high stakes (ECF/Finals) playoff intensity would take at least a game or two.

yeah, I don't understand this concept that even if healthy you want to sit him and throw him out in Game 1 against say Gobert/towns in a high intensity finals game 1.

« Reply #338 on: May 22, 2024, 12:42:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

yeah, I don't understand this concept that even if healthy you want to sit him and throw him out in Game 1 against say Gobert/towns in a high intensity finals game 1.

Nobody, including KP or his doctors, are going to know for certain that he's 100% healthy.  He might feel fine, but that doesn't mean he's healed all of the way.  More rest means more healing time, more strengthening, etc.

From what I've read, every calf strain makes a subsequent calf strain more likely.  That being the case, mixed with the fact that KP's calf popped so quickly and easily after he compensated for his ankle injury, makes me extremely wary.  I think that once he returns, we'll only be able to count on him for a limited number of games.  In my mind, I'd like to start that clock as late as possible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2024, 12:57:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
yes that is a huge concern. he may be back not for long  and get hurt again. hope not but who knows.

he cannot play scared tho.

whatever happens happens.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #340 on: May 22, 2024, 12:58:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
If we win Game 2 there’s no real reason to bring him back in Indiana for Game 4.

there is if we lose game 3. we cannot count on winning at home.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #341 on: May 22, 2024, 01:01:09 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 891

Nobody, including KP or his doctors, are going to know for certain that he's 100% healthy.  He might feel fine, but that doesn't mean he's healed all of the way.  More rest means more healing time, more strengthening, etc.

From what I've read, every calf strain makes a subsequent calf strain more likely.  That being the case, mixed with the fact that KP's calf popped so quickly and easily after he compensated for his ankle injury, makes me extremely wary.  I think that once he returns, we'll only be able to count on him for a limited number of games.  In my mind, I'd like to start that clock as late as possible.

If that part is true, and that is what the Doctors tell the team, that he is only good for 5-10 games or whatever, then sure, don't play him until you have too.  But what if the "number of games" is more like between 10-100, something more realistic in my mind.

It is of course a trade off.  The more games you ask him to play, the more risk of injury.  I don't see the time between game 4 and finals game 1 (about 1.5 weeks if I remember correctly) making all that much difference in his healing.  If he isn't healed by game 4, then something is going on and he may not be healed until next season.

But if he is healed, or as healed as he is going to get, I say get him out there for game 4.  We are all in for this title.  The best chance to win the title is to have Porzingis back with a couple of games under his belt for Game 1 of the finals.

« Reply #342 on: May 22, 2024, 01:31:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

If that part is true, and that is what the Doctors tell the team, that he is only good for 5-10 games or whatever, then sure, don't play him until you have too.  But what if the "number of games" is more like between 10-100, something more realistic in my mind.

It is of course a trade off.  The more games you ask him to play, the more risk of injury. I don't see the time between game 4 and finals game 1 (about 1.5 weeks if I remember correctly) making all that much difference in his healing.  If he isn't healed by game 4, then something is going on and he may not be healed until next season.

But if he is healed, or as healed as he is going to get, I say get him out there for game 4.  We are all in for this title.  The best chance to win the title is to have Porzingis back with a couple of games under his belt for Game 1 of the finals.

What are you basing the underlined on?  It seems arbitrary to say that 30 days is enough (or whatever the time frame is), but another 10 days (i.e., 25% more healing time) would make no difference.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #343 on: May 22, 2024, 01:48:20 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Still need to bring him back regardless. He needs reps. I'll take a 70% Porzingis. Miami Heat brought back Chris Bosh from his injury while he wasn't 100% and pretty much contributed in beating us in the ECF back in 2012.

Myles Turner abused the hell out of Kornet and Horford, and Joe is refusing to go deeper into the bench so we need answers to that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #344 on: May 22, 2024, 02:06:29 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Still need to bring him back regardless. He needs reps. I'll take a 70% Porzingis. Miami Heat brought back Chris Bosh from his injury while he wasn't 100% and pretty much contributed in beating us in the ECF back in 2012.

Myles Turner abused the hell out of Kornet and Horford, and Joe is refusing to go deeper into the bench so we need answers to that.

Once X is back, I think Joe will use him.  I think Al's performance last night assures that X will be used.  IDK when X is expected to return from his bereavement, but hopefully tomorrow.  I think X will provide the D and muscle needed at the 5 v. Indy.