Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (Update: Dislocated Tendon)  (Read 99617 times)

Roy H., Kernewek and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2024, 12:52:54 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1044
If we can't beat NY (who have Randle, OG, Robinson, Bogdanovic, and now maybe Hart) or Indiana without KP we don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

Just gotta hope neither of those team becomes last year's Heat team where they suddenly caught fire from 3 point land.

#IJM (Idiot Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2024, 12:58:39 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 585
If we can't beat NY (who have Randle, OG, Robinson, Bogdanovic, and now maybe Hart) or Indiana without KP we don't deserve to advance. Simple as that.

Just gotta hope neither of those team becomes last year's Heat team where they suddenly caught fire from 3 point land.

Indy is a team where it feels like that could happen, which is why they actually worry me more than this horrifically injured New York team.

That said Indy is different than Miami in that I don't think they have much chance of competently defending the C's.

Boston shouldn't need KP to finish either of these teams off in 5, but it would be nice for him to come back before the end of the series just to get some rythm back.

« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2024, 01:32:22 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1433

That's always possible in today's NBA but if that were to happen KP probably wouldn't be able to help us  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #288 on: May 18, 2024, 02:33:30 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 566

That's always possible in today's NBA but if that were to happen KP probably wouldn't be able to help us  ;D
Catching fire for a game or two but unlikely for a series and especially unlikely against the Celtics defenders.  The Heat and Pacers hot 3-point shooting in the 2nd games flamed out in the 3rd games. 

« Reply #289 on: May 18, 2024, 09:21:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 1684

IKR
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2024, 01:03:22 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 775
Back to my question - sounds like a few here have the knowledge to answer this ............

Can they not determine 1) the exact extent of the tissue damage with a scan (MRI, C-scan, ultrasound, whatever) and
2) the status of the healing at any given point the same way ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2024, 08:52:05 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2589
Back to my question - sounds like a few here have the knowledge to answer this ............

Can they not determine 1) the exact extent of the tissue damage with a scan (MRI, C-scan, ultrasound, whatever) and

I’m not one of the knowledgeable people, but thought I’d put this thread back to the top to see if there might be someone who could answer your question.  I would think a scan could show absence of damage but I would also think there might be a degree of vulnerability after a healed strain that wouldn’t be measurable on a scan.

« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2024, 10:18:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 440
Calf injuries in sports are long term cause of course, running & jumping..it’s takes awhile for it to completely heal
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2024, 10:28:19 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25578
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Apparently it's not that easy from what I gleaned here:
https://radsource.us/not-plantaris-keys-better-diagnosis-calf-strain-injuries/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2024, 10:39:47 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 321
  • The Truth
Calf strain can feel that it is healed, you would have no pain or restrictions, but if you take a ultrasound it would still appear to be there (up to 1cm tear).
It depends from case to case, but Zinger should be on a shelf until late ECF or early NBA F.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2024, 11:47:59 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3098
  • On To Banner 18!
We definitely will need him for the Finals.

Jokic/Gordon/KAT/Gobert/Reid/Lively/Gafford.

Horford can't do it all alone in that series whoever we play. And for whatever reason it seems Joe doesn't want to play Tillman either.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2024, 12:13:58 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 96

Horford can't do it all alone in that series whoever we play. And for whatever reason it seems Joe doesn't want to play Tillman either.

I don’t know why he’s not getting time on the court, but he was playing 20 minutes in Memphis and only 13 after Boston acquired him. I’m not expecting him to play much. It would have been nice to see him get some minutes that weren’t garbage time while Porzingis is out, because he’ll have no experience at all going into the finals if Kristaps doesn’t make it back.

« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2024, 12:15:59 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2589

I’ll be surprised if Tillman isn’t logging minutes in the next series.

« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2024, 12:44:33 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1896

Let's get through the next series and not worry about a finals match yet. There will be plenty of time to dissect and analyze whomever we play after we win this next round.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2024, 12:50:01 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2994

Let's get through the next series and not worry about a finals match yet. There will be plenty of time to dissect and analyze whomever we play after we win this next round.

Tp …don’t count getting there as done deal.