Author Topic: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23  (Read 24365 times)

Re: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2023, 02:21:15 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
I missed it but it looks like if Hauser hits his average on those 3s we win this one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2023, 02:28:11 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
I missed it but it looks like if Hauser hits his average on those 3s we win this one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

that would be true.   if anyone could hit 1 shot down the stretch, or if we could actually run a play when we have the ball tied with 12 seconds left and somehow take it hard to the rim and get fouled we could have won.  it was an epic collapse, and then an epic meltdown in the thread.  I admit I was part of it...lol  sorry

« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2023, 02:38:20 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416

that would be true.   if anyone could hit 1 shot down the stretch, or if we could actually run a play when we have the ball tied with 12 seconds left and somehow take it hard to the rim and get fouled we could have won.  it was an epic collapse, and then an epic meltdown in the thread.  I admit I was part of it...lol  sorry

Losses always lead to epic meltdowns and brings everyone out of the woodwork...we've only had 6 of them so far this year, so we gotta make the meltdowns from them count This one was one of the more empassioned ones because we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2023, 02:54:27 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
So tonight vs the kings I guess we see a skeleton crew playing. Designed loss.

Get to LA and watch the clippers run circles around them

Close game on Christmas that James wins in the end.

0-4 road trip. Third place in the east as we move into 2024.

I’ve not seen such an unclutch Group of core players before like this

Yeah I don't see them winning another game until next Thursday. This was the one game they should have won comfortably and they blew it. No chance they stand against a well-rested Kings team or a star-studded Clippers team. And you can bet LeBron and his house will be hostile on Christmas day.

Just what happened to this team who was so good on the road? Was it the Marcus Smart effect? The loss of Timelord? Perhaps trading Smart was a mistake and the one who needed to go was Brown?

um brown is playing great right now and is what he is.
Tatum is 1000% the problem

brown was great early but disappeared when it mattered. tatum was MIA all game (again). real stars/champions don’t simply put up big stats, they show up when the game is on the line. the jays excel at the former (most nights) but consistently fail at the latter.

speaking of brown, you don’t mock curry with the “too small” gesture and then proceed to clank the FT off the front of the rim. that whole sequence was perfectly on brand for brown. what an embarrassment.

I think you’re mostly right.
I just accept brown is what he is. A lower level all star and role player on this team.he can play the game he did tonight and we should win. Tatum is suppose to be mvp caliber and is going to need to be for this team to accomplish anything and he just simply isn’t at that level. Hard for me to blame brown more over Tatum.

Well here's the thing too, JT rolled his ankle and didn't look the same the rest of the game so that affected his gameplay.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #424 on: December 20, 2023, 02:55:09 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281

that’s an interesting perspective from the box score. what i’m certain you also read in the stats was 15 points on 29% FG & 22% 3pt in 41 minutes from our mvp; 58 three pointers hoisted but only 17 made; and an eleven point swing in the 4Q by giving up 35pts to a team whose best player played with five fouls for the final 23 minutes of the game.

that said, i’m also certain you were being sarcastic. well played, liam, well played.

« Reply #425 on: December 20, 2023, 03:09:34 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
We have a lot of options and I don't really know why these last plays have to always be Tatum isos which almost always result in contested pullup 3s. He didn't even have a favorable matchup because Kuminga has the length and athleticism to stay with him.

If they're deferring to Tatum, maybe Tatum has to be realistic and give other guys a shot once in awhile. Or, Joe has to not just allow Tatum to do whatever he wants. I don't know what the answer is, but that was simply not a good attempt and it happens too often with Tatum.

« Reply #426 on: December 20, 2023, 03:32:25 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
We have a lot of options and I don't really know why these last plays have to always be Tatum isos which almost always result in contested pullup 3s. He didn't even have a favorable matchup because Kuminga has the length and athleticism to stay with him.

If they're deferring to Tatum, maybe Tatum has to be realistic and give other guys a shot once in awhile. Or, Joe has to not just allow Tatum to do whatever he wants. I don't know what the answer is, but that was simply not a good attempt and it happens too often with Tatum.

That's an absolute coaching issue. The coach should be drawing up the ATO, who should get the ball. You got JT, JB, KP, JH, AH, and DW who are closers. So Kristaps is out--okay. Go with the hot hand and give the ball to JB. But that does not mean you draw up an ISO 3. Go for the easy 2 and win the game.

Simple. But no, let's be predictable and give it to JT with an ISO 3. Everybody saw that coming a block away

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2023, 07:05:52 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 435
Lost to warriors at their home in OT without Porzingus is not a bad thing, cant win every game..Playing kings tonight after a game like that is going to be a tough win
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2023, 07:06:33 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
And Tatum hurt his ankle?? Didn’t see game

« Reply #429 on: December 20, 2023, 07:16:37 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Just saw last 5 minutes of game, Curry was hot so tip ur cap off to him.. but will never understand why teams shoot a 3 when game is tied during final seconds..drive inside or post someone up

« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2023, 07:19:32 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195

Yeah I don't see them winning another game until next Thursday. This was the one game they should have won comfortably and they blew it. No chance they stand against a well-rested Kings team or a star-studded Clippers team. And you can bet LeBron and his house will be hostile on Christmas day.

Just what happened to this team who was so good on the road? Was it the Marcus Smart effect? The loss of Timelord? Perhaps trading Smart was a mistake and the one who needed to go was Brown?

um brown is playing great right now and is what he is.
Tatum is 1000% the problem

brown was great early but disappeared when it mattered. tatum was MIA all game (again). real stars/champions don’t simply put up big stats, they show up when the game is on the line. the jays excel at the former (most nights) but consistently fail at the latter.

speaking of brown, you don’t mock curry with the “too small” gesture and then proceed to clank the FT off the front of the rim. that whole sequence was perfectly on brand for brown. what an embarrassment.

I think you’re mostly right.
I just accept brown is what he is. A lower level all star and role player on this team.he can play the game he did tonight and we should win. Tatum is suppose to be mvp caliber and is going to need to be for this team to accomplish anything and he just simply isn’t at that level. Hard for me to blame brown more over Tatum.

Well here's the thing too, JT rolled his ankle and didn't look the same the rest of the game so that affected his gameplay.

I care about the rolled ankle but not in the context of giving him any excuses for last night. If that’s an excuse he’s even softer and more mentally weak then I already think he is. How many times have I seen a player tweak an ankle and come back and play amazing? Countless times. If he’s that hurt where it’s gonna affect him? Don’t come back.
Not to mention he’s been average/bad for weeks now. I don’t want any numbers that refute that either. I have eyes. He puts up numbers….until it matters or when the game is already over. Woo.

« Reply #431 on: December 20, 2023, 07:22:58 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2573
I missed this one. Always so many more posts for a loss than a win.  ;D

I saw the first quarter. Cs were great - especially JB.  JT rolled an ankle. No KP.   Queta looked good.  Brissett had a nice stint.

I don’t know how the game unfolded, whether the Cs gave up a lead at the end, missed opportunities to close it out, kept chucking threes when they weren’t falling, but from the last page or so of comments I’m assuming all of the above. Nonetheless it took OT for GSW to get the win. Standouts from the box score are Tatum’s poor shooting, Hauser’s 0-7 (0-6 from three), 7 assists from JB, and a 10/10 double-double for Q. 

Losses always sucks especially if same old problems repeat, but there’s only been 6 of them this year (I think 3 of those in OT).  The remainder of the trip is another big test - and
 possible that JT will miss some if not all.

« Reply #432 on: December 20, 2023, 07:34:03 AM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 179

Exactly where they belong.

They’d have a similar record to the warriors If they were in the west. They’re frauds.
Dude, the West is tough and the East is weak is so 10 years ago. You keep making the same argument.

« Reply #433 on: December 20, 2023, 08:27:49 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655
what an unmitigated disaster.

choked away a 15 point lead.

late in game throwing up nothing but bricks

too stupid or retarded to drive to rim for easy buckets or get a foul

what in the heck was that final shot from JT in regulation?

is that the best we can do?

This team is going nowhere  in the playoffs if they keep this up along with a clown coach who cannot coach his way out a wet paper sack.

if you cannot close games out like this you can forget it in the playoffs.

snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. appalling. egregious BBIQ from some. garbage coaching.

have you seen enough brad? wyc? we are winning in spite of joe. we looked like a rec or beer league team at the end.

a real man CHEF CURRY went to work and cooked up some stuff that put us to sleep. yet again.

disgraceful.

we have been winning in spite of joe blow.

do we have any sports psychiatrists? this team is so mentally soft and weak.

GOOD JOB GOOD EFFORT BOYS!  ::) ::)

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2023, 08:38:09 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195

Exactly where they belong.

They’d have a similar record to the warriors If they were in the west. They’re frauds.
Dude, the West is tough and the East is weak is so 10 years ago. You keep making the same argument.

So 10 years ago?
The west is highly competitive 1-13.
The east past the 3 seed is a bunch of garbage.
This mentally weak soft team would be a play in team competing on a nightly basis in the west. Talent wise they’re fine. Mentally they wouldn’t stand a chance.