Author Topic: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23  (Read 24319 times)

Re: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23
« Reply #375 on: December 20, 2023, 12:49:30 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
17-58 from 3.
Celtics have no other offense but chucking it up.

Got up big and played not to lose. Cowards

« Reply #376 on: December 20, 2023, 12:49:47 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 302
Complete failure - starting with the incompetent coach all the way down to the heartless, brainless players who freeze up every time things get tough.

We simply don't win if we don't make a ton of our threes, especially on the road. Such a frustrating loss, likely leading to another loss tomorrow in Sacramento in a tough back to back.

The media better grill Joe on yet another brain fart of his down the stretch. There is absolutely no rational argument to not take a timeout in that situation with how the game was going and how awful and hobbled JT was tonight. And to specifically go to Tatum given his futility tonight over Brown or White is just incompetent non-sense by Joe.

OMG, not again with the no time-out complaint. The Celtics had two PGs on the court, yet they ran the same stupid play the last 3 head coaches for this team relied on. Give it to Jayson, and let him go one on one. Give it to Holiday and let him create a look for either himself or someone else. Unfortunately, Jayson has tunnel vision in that situation. And as great as Jaylen was tonight, I don't want to rely on him to create a game winning shot. I simply don't trust him to not turn the ball over or get an offensive foul.

« Reply #377 on: December 20, 2023, 12:50:52 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Mahk E Mahk:
" brutally low bbiq"

Exactly and it ultimately falls on dumb Tatum and dumb Brown and dumber than dumb Mazzulla.

If they fail again this season, Brad needs to show some guts and trade Brown and fire Mazzulla.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #378 on: December 20, 2023, 12:50:58 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
17-58 from 3.

Still should have won if they played smart, calm ball without fear.

« Reply #379 on: December 20, 2023, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
Celtics were 20-5 last season then lost to the warriors and never were the same. My guess is we see the same thing happen.

The inability to close out close games is a real issue. It’s happened in 4 of the 6 losses now.

I wish more people remembered they were 20-5 to start last season and the clear best team in the league. Which is exactly why I refuse to crown these frauds or call them better than last season….I’m not convinced

« Reply #380 on: December 20, 2023, 12:53:03 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
17-58 from 3.

Still should have won if they played smart, calm ball without fear.

Unfortunately none of those of those traits exist with this coach or team

« Reply #381 on: December 20, 2023, 12:55:45 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2517
That blown layup by Brown was so bad I started laughing. And Al's impotent tip attempts.

Like, just grab the ball or swat it over to one of your teammates. He NEVER gets those tips to go in.

« Reply #382 on: December 20, 2023, 12:56:13 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So tonight vs the kings I guess we see a skeleton crew playing. Designed loss.

Get to LA and watch the clippers run circles around them

Close game on Christmas that James wins in the end.

0-4 road trip. Third place in the east as we move into 2024.

I’ve not seen such an unclutch Group of core players before like this

« Reply #383 on: December 20, 2023, 12:56:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Complete failure - starting with the incompetent coach all the way down to the heartless, brainless players who freeze up every time things get tough.

We simply don't win if we don't make a ton of our threes, especially on the road. Such a frustrating loss, likely leading to another loss tomorrow in Sacramento in a tough back to back.

The media better grill Joe on yet another brain fart of his down the stretch. There is absolutely no rational argument to not take a timeout in that situation with how the game was going and how awful and hobbled JT was tonight. And to specifically go to Tatum given his futility tonight over Brown or White is just incompetent non-sense by Joe.

OMG, not again with the no time-out complaint. The Celtics had two PGs on the court, yet they ran the same stupid play the last 3 head coaches for this team relied on. Give it to Jayson, and let him go one on one. Give it to Holiday and let him create a look for either himself or someone else. Unfortunately, Jayson has tunnel vision in that situation. And as great as Jaylen was tonight, I don't want to rely on him to create a game winning shot. I simply don't trust him to not turn the ball over or get an offensive foul.

1) It absolutely was the wrong call to not call the timeout there given the situation.

2) Even if you don't call the timeout, you have a specific set that you run to get a particular matchup or action. We literally didn't do that and just gave it to Tatum on a bum ankle and awful shooting night and expected him to iso a good shot, which he airballed.

3) If Joe doesn't have the authority, buy-in, or just overall cajones to call the timeout or play call there, then he doesn't need to be head coach. We've seen this fail time and time again, yet he continues to sit on his hands on these situations. That is absolutely a failure of the coach to not implement the needed change in those situations.

« Reply #384 on: December 20, 2023, 12:57:09 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
Mahk E Mahk:
" brutally low bbiq"

Exactly and it ultimately falls on dumb Tatum and dumb Brown and dumber than dumb Mazzulla.

If they fail again this season, Brad needs to show some guts and trade Brown and fire Mazzulla.

Trade Tatum while people still think he could be an all timer.

Dudes just an all star, far from a player that’s ever going to win an mvp.

« Reply #385 on: December 20, 2023, 12:57:15 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1416
So we missed 21 layups, shot 41% overall and 41 3s for 17-58 and let the warriors score in transition.

Dubs shot 45% and were 20-50 from 3

I think we lost the game after Jaylen made his extra small "too small" taunt to Steph with 5 min to go in the 3rd and he had his 5th foul and we were leading by 15. Because it showed the wrong mindset. Then when Steph was on the bench the Warriors actually cut into the lead, they hung around after that and made it a game and Steph killed us with some huge plays and had the last laugh on Jaylen with his go to sleep taunt
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #386 on: December 20, 2023, 12:58:53 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen

Exactly where they belong.

They’d have a similar record to the warriors If they were in the west. They’re frauds.

« Reply #387 on: December 20, 2023, 12:59:19 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Celtics are a low basketball iq team. Have been for years. Just dumb in the most important moments

« Reply #388 on: December 20, 2023, 01:00:07 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519
That blown layup by Brown was so bad I started laughing. And Al's impotent tip attempts.

Like, just grab the ball or swat it over to one of your teammates. He NEVER gets those tips to go in.

Was it any worse than the Tatum miss at the rim?  I won't cry about players who miss shots when they aggressively take it to the rim.  Much better than the 40 some odd missed 3s we had tonight.   JB played great tonight, had a couple flubs, but he scored in overtime, played tough def and got rebounds and tips.  This loss isn't on him.

« Reply #389 on: December 20, 2023, 01:00:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029

Yeah I don't see them winning another game until next Thursday. This was the one game they should have won comfortably and they blew it. No chance they stand against a well-rested Kings team or a star-studded Clippers team. And you can bet LeBron and his house will be hostile on Christmas day.

Just what happened to this team who was so good on the road? Was it the Marcus Smart effect? The loss of Timelord? Perhaps trading Smart was a mistake and the one who needed to go was Brown?

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)