Author Topic: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23  (Read 24360 times)

Re: Celtics (20-5) at Warriors (12-14) Game #26 12/19/23
« Reply #390 on: December 20, 2023, 01:01:17 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
In the end Joe mazzula will always be the reason the Celtics won’t win a title this season.

« Reply #391 on: December 20, 2023, 01:02:24 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1708
So we missed 21 layups, shot 41% overall and 41 3s for 17-58 and let the warriors score in transition.

Dubs shot 45% and were 20-50 from 3

I think we lost the game after Jaylen made his extra small "too small" taunt to Steph with 5 min to go in the 3rd and he had his 5th foul and we were leading by 15. Because it showed the wrong mindset. Then when Steph was on the bench the Warriors actually cut into the lead, they hung around after that and made it a game and Steph killed us with some huge plays and had the last laugh on Jaylen with his go to sleep taunt

Couldn’t care less about the taunt tbh.

Bottom line is that if this game was close in the fourth quarter, everybody watching knew what Curry was going to do and everybody watching knew what Tatum was going to do.  And that was long, long before any taunt.

« Reply #392 on: December 20, 2023, 01:02:50 AM »

Offline Mahk E Mahk

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
been saying it for years: the C’s never win a chip with the Jays. they’re mentally soft, have no killer instinct, and possess the lowest bbiq i’ve ever witnessed by so called stars. we’re six years in and absolutely nothing has changed.
Oh come on. They lost a game when a team got white hot.  Stuff happens. Do you realize that a 60 win season is generally championship level? That’s 22 losses to criticize. They lost because they couldn’t hit very good open shots. It happens. Stop searching for a reason for every loss.

no, they lost to a far inferior team because they lack the discipline to play winning basketball. six years into the jay’s tenure, third coach, another roster overhaul, and the same results. mentally soft, zero killer instinct, and brutally low bbiq.

keep making excuses for their failures and enjoy your moral victories because these chumps aren’t winning a banner.
They got 4 offensive rebounds in a row with a minute to go. That’s effort and typically leads to good results. Shots didn’t fall. Good teams lose. Do you ever watch other teams? Relax and stop being so dramatic. This loss is frustrating as heck but to completely give up hope after a single loss is a joke.

you’re not paying attention to what’s actually happening in the games, and you’re definitely not comprehending what i’m stating in my posts. what we’re witnessing is a six year trend, during which nothing has changed. anyone arguing otherwise is a hopeless homer or shares a low bbiq with the jays. as i stated years ago, this team isn’t winning a title with the jays, and to-date, i am correct. but by all means, ignore what you’re witnessing and keep hope alive.

« Reply #393 on: December 20, 2023, 01:03:16 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 195
So tonight vs the kings I guess we see a skeleton crew playing. Designed loss.

Get to LA and watch the clippers run circles around them

Close game on Christmas that James wins in the end.

0-4 road trip. Third place in the east as we move into 2024.

I’ve not seen such an unclutch Group of core players before like this

Yeah I don't see them winning another game until next Thursday. This was the one game they should have won comfortably and they blew it. No chance they stand against a well-rested Kings team or a star-studded Clippers team. And you can bet LeBron and his house will be hostile on Christmas day.

Just what happened to this team who was so good on the road? Was it the Marcus Smart effect? The loss of Timelord? Perhaps trading Smart was a mistake and the one who needed to go was Brown?

um brown is playing great right now and is what he is.
Tatum is 1000% the problem

« Reply #394 on: December 20, 2023, 01:03:37 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Can’t wait to see the injury report for the kings game.
No al
No KP
No Tatum

Will be an absolute murder tonight.

« Reply #395 on: December 20, 2023, 01:04:04 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
been saying it for years: the C’s never win a chip with the Jays. they’re mentally soft, have no killer instinct, and possess the lowest bbiq i’ve ever witnessed by so called stars. we’re six years in and absolutely nothing has changed.
Oh come on. They lost a game when a team got white hot.  Stuff happens. Do you realize that a 60 win season is generally championship level? That’s 22 losses to criticize. They lost because they couldn’t hit very good open shots. It happens. Stop searching for a reason for every loss.

no, they lost to a far inferior team because they lack the discipline to play winning basketball. six years into the jay’s tenure, third coach, another roster overhaul, and the same results. mentally soft, zero killer instinct, and brutally low bbiq.

keep making excuses for their failures and enjoy your moral victories because these chumps aren’t winning a banner.
They got 4 offensive rebounds in a row with a minute to go. That’s effort and typically leads to good results. Shots didn’t fall. Good teams lose. Do you ever watch other teams? Relax and stop being so dramatic. This loss is frustrating as heck but to completely give up hope after a single loss is a joke.

you’re not paying attention to what’s actually happening in the games, and you’re definitely not comprehending what i’m stating in my posts. what we’re witnessing is a six year trend, during which nothing has changed. anyone arguing otherwise is a hopeless homer or shares a low bbiq with the jays. as i stated years ago, this team isn’t winning a title with the jays, and to-date, i am correct. but by all means, ignore what you’re witnessing and keep hope alive.
Then stop rooting for them if you’re so sure.

« Reply #396 on: December 20, 2023, 01:05:07 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
In the end Joe mazzula will always be the reason the Celtics won’t win a title this season.

Nope. In the end it’s on the players.

« Reply #397 on: December 20, 2023, 01:05:28 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Tatum still doesn’t know his role
Still doesn’t know how to take over
Still is lost on what to do and when to do it

He’s been terrible this season

« Reply #398 on: December 20, 2023, 01:06:37 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Not when you don’t hold guys accountable nor actually have any strategy out there

« Reply #399 on: December 20, 2023, 01:08:09 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
58 three-point attempts. That is incredibly bad basketball, but shooting the most 3's is Joe's idea of great basketball.
He called that stat the most important factor in today's game. Who says something that idiotic, has a playoff meltdown and gets re-hired ??
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #400 on: December 20, 2023, 01:08:44 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

Not when you don’t hold guys accountable nor actually have any strategy out there

Or when it has been proven over and over and over and over again that just giving the ball to Tatum and saying please win the game doesn't work.   We need a different approach, so call the [dang] timeout.

« Reply #401 on: December 20, 2023, 01:09:09 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
Tatum still doesn’t know his role
Still doesn’t know how to take over
Still is lost on what to do and when to do it

He’s been terrible this season

He had a decent start to the season but has been absolutely putrid for a little while now, don’t really care if the numbers tell a different story, dudes a front running stat padder and I’m starting to get genuinely concerned he’s just another all star and not an all timer.

« Reply #402 on: December 20, 2023, 01:09:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Celtics are a low basketball iq team. Have been for years. Just dumb in the most important moments

I was listening to a Draymond Green interview on the JJ Redick podcast. It was after they beat BOS in the Finals. Draymond was talking about a reporter asking him some question about the difference between facing LeBron and BOS and the relative BBIQ of the two teams.

Draymond starts laughing. There is no comparison. Like how can you compare LeBron to this Boston team? LeBron is one of the smartest basketball players on all time. He dominates the game. And in so many ways. Boston do not even compare. It is not a question. It is ridiculous.

It was meant more in praise of LeBron's brilliance than an insult to BOS. Just how under-rated his BBIQ is. How smart a player he is. How well he controls games.

That that 2022 GSW team never could have beaten LeBron in the finals. They weren't good enough. LeBron was too smart. BOS weren't.

--------------------

It does feel like that though. That we do not have that high IQ team leader. That player that will ensure we will get a good possession when we need it. It is more haphazard. Never sure what you are going to get.

« Reply #403 on: December 20, 2023, 01:09:56 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
58 three-point attempts. That is incredibly bad basketball, but shooting the most 3's is Joe's idea of great basketball.
He called that stat the most important factor in today's game. Who says something that idiotic, has a playoff meltdown and gets re-hired ??

He'd say "you have to take the best shots which is taking 3's. Never settle for 2's"

This offense is so one-dimensional that it's laughable. Even a 5th grader can predict this and question the oddity of running this failing philosophy

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #404 on: December 20, 2023, 01:10:45 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1519

yeah those post game comments are asinine.  we missed 40+ threes, that seems like a great winning strategy Joe.