Author Topic: Summer league invites:  (Read 7070 times)

Summer league invites:
« on: June 24, 2023, 09:28:02 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
I hope we invite Oscar Tshiebwe onto our Summer League squad...

Went to the Pacers on a two-way...

Re: Summer league invites:
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 09:33:01 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2023, 09:44:46 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
The Heat are bringing in a bunch of guys:

Southern Cal forward Drew Peterson, Villanova guard Caleb Daniels, Washington State guard Justin Powell, Marist center Patrick Gardner and Utah State forward Taylor Funk.

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2023, 10:35:51 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
6ā€™3 journeyman guard Mychal Mulder was invited to the Cā€™s summer league team. With the europeans being out, I wonder who Brad plans to bring in. JD and Walsh are the only guys worth looking forward to so far.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2023, 11:15:32 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Southern Cal forward Drew Peterson, Villanova guard Caleb Daniels, Washington State guard Justin Powell, Marist center Patrick Gardner and Utah State forward Taylor Funk.
Will make note of these names for next years playoffs when one of these guys shoots 70% from the field against the Cs.

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2023, 11:23:30 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Will make note of these names for next years playoffs when one of these guys shoots 70% from the field against the Cs.

Exactly! LOL

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2023, 11:29:35 AM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 96

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2023, 12:03:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 12:13:08 PM by liam »

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2023, 01:34:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja
summer league will be really interesting this year. not just because we get to see JD, walsh, valerio-bodon, et al. it seems to me that the celtics will need some cheap bench players who can put in a few minutes each game.

maybe the summer league can produce a few of those.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy ā€” not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2023, 02:43:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
summer league will be really interesting this year. not just because we get to see JD, walsh, valerio-bodon, et al. it seems to me that the celtics will need some cheap bench players who can put in a few minutes each game.

If Davison is there, he should dominate. Summer league is made for guys with his type of game and given the experience he got last season, I'm expecting him to try to put up some big numbers.

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2023, 02:57:57 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503

If Davison is there, he should dominate. Summer league is made for guys with his type of game and given the experience he got last season, I'm expecting him to try to put up some big numbers.

With the amount of Roster spots and 2 ways the C's will have open I'm surprised we haven't heard of more names of guys who went undrafted getting an opportunity to showcase some talent. 

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2023, 03:00:20 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

With the amount of Roster spots and 2 ways the C's will have open I'm surprised we haven't heard of more names of guys who went undrafted getting an opportunity to showcase some talent.
My assumption is they want to round out the roster with min vet veterans as opposed to project players like these guys.

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2023, 03:04:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2679
  • bammokja

My assumption is they want to round out the roster with min vet veterans as opposed to project players like these guys.
i agree about the min vet vets, but i also expect PBS to use the three 2-way slots and 1-2 roster spots for younger players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy ā€” not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2023, 03:18:33 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 503

i agree about the min vet vets, but i also expect PBS to use the three 2-way slots and 1-2 roster spots for younger players.

You would think JD has a shot at a full time roster spot.  Kabengele I'm sure will be on the summer league team but isn't guaranteed a 2 way spot.  Walsh I'm sure will be signed to a 2 way.  That leaves 2 more 2 ways open which you'd think they'd bring in a few high upside players from the draft that went undrafted.

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2023, 04:41:49 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Hauser maybe?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin