Author Topic: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings  (Read 49370 times)

Re: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2023, 04:13:27 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
So apparently adult film stars are trying to black mail the league into trading Zion out of New Orleans.  What a mess.  The Pels need to do it while they can still get any kind of value for him.

I also don’t know how threatening to do all this is supposed to hurt Zion when he presumably doesn’t even want to be in NO.

Considering the hype, this guys gonna end up being one of the biggest busts of all time.

I have been trying to understand this drama.  It seems like Zion has one women who he has declared to be his girl friend.  She is pregnant.  Then there are I think two others that have been with Zion that I think are jealous or upset that they are not the one.  Zion had a baby reveal or something that seemed to trigger these other women.

The one in particular, Moriah Mills is the one threatening to "drop" sex tapes of Zion if he is not traded.  The only thing I can come up with is that the current girl friend is in New Orleans so maybe Moriah thinks that if Zion is traded, he will come back to her.

The other scorned ex is tweeting that Zion is a sex-addict.  Aren't all 22 year old men?

« Reply #136 on: June 20, 2023, 04:15:44 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 435
Brogdon for Collins straight up works or
Smart, Gallinari & Muscala for Collins & Bey
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #137 on: June 20, 2023, 04:27:56 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166

Was just seeing something (speculation) similar on Twitter, except it was a three way:

PHO gets Musc and Brogdon
ATL gets Ayton and Pritchard
BOS gets Collins and Bey

Doesn't seem like it's fair for PHO, but who knows.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #138 on: June 20, 2023, 04:28:02 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Atlanta has Trey, Murray, and Bogdanovich already. They really don't need another guard.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #139 on: June 20, 2023, 04:28:19 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 435
Kyle Kuzman decline his player option and now a UFA.. he be a nice fit in Dallas or Brooklyn
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #140 on: June 20, 2023, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
For a smaller trade, PP for Bey would be pretty sweet for us. Gives us the backup 3 and D wing we need and seemingly fits well in our style. I could see the Hawks maybe wanting to do this if they prefer keeping Johnson over Bey at the SF position with his extra year of rookie money, especially having Hunter, too. Especially with PP likely bring cheaper to resign if they go that route.

How good is Saddiq Bey? Is he much better than Hauser? Any better than Hauser?

I have rarely been impressed by him.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:33:12 PM by Who »

« Reply #141 on: June 20, 2023, 04:40:10 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
No comparison....Bey is very solid...has had big games against the C's

« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2023, 05:29:04 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
No comparison....Bey is very solid...has had big games against the C's

Yeah, I think Bey is overall better than Hauser and more playable in big moments. Feels like they think Hauser is too slow to be trusted for the playoffs and would be taken advantage of. Bey is generally a plus defender and more athletic while bringing a comparable shooting prowess as Hauser, along with better off the dribble creation. He’s also versatile enough to play off of either of the Jays, which is a big plus.

I’d gladly take him over PP and perhaps another minor asset if we don’t move one of our other guards.

« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2023, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I remember Saddiq Bey having a bunch of good games against us when he was with the Pistons but I was never that impressed by him. He always felt like a guy putting up empty numbers on a bad team. That he wouldn't get that playing time or shot attempts elsewhere.

I was happy whenever he was on the floor for the Hawks (in the playoff series). He wasn't much of a threat. And he wasn't much of a defender. He was just another one of their wing defenders who couldn't cope with Jaylen or Tatum. I thought Bey was a minus defender both in Detroit and in Atlanta.

And it is not like he is that efficient on offense. He has a career 55% TS% over his 3 years in the NBA. He did better in Atlanta in a smaller role but that was only 25 games and he couldn't maintain in the playoffs (TS% 51%). And shooting is what he supposedly does best.

I am not sure how good of a player he is. I don't think he is a good starter. He is a fine bench player but I am not sure he is a high end bench player.

I see Hauser as a middle of the pack bench SF.

« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2023, 06:06:29 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I remember Saddiq Bey having a bunch of good games against us when he was with the Pistons but I was never that impressed by him. He always felt like a guy putting up empty numbers on a bad team. That he wouldn't get that playing time or shot attempts elsewhere.

I was happy whenever he was on the floor for the Hawks (in the playoff series). He wasn't much of a threat. And he wasn't much of a defender. He was just another one of their wing defenders who couldn't cope with Jaylen or Tatum. I thought Bey was a minus defender both in Detroit and in Atlanta.

And it is not like he is that efficient on offense. He has a career 55% TS% over his 3 years in the NBA. He did better in Atlanta in a smaller role but that was only 25 games and he couldn't maintain in the playoffs (TS% 51%). And shooting is what he supposedly does best.

I am not sure how good of a player he is. I don't think he is a good starter. He is a fine bench player but I am not sure he is a high end bench player.

Who are these wing defenders who don't struggle with two All-NBA wings on the same team?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2023, 06:08:08 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Was just seeing something (speculation) similar on Twitter, except it was a three way:

PHO gets Musc and Brogdon
ATL gets Ayton and Pritchard
BOS gets Collins and Bey

Doesn't seem like it's fair for PHO, but who knows.
I like Bey, but Collins is the key here to shore up the front court.

Likewise for the other 2 teams each gets a main piece and another asset:
ATL gets Ayton to solidify their frontcourt, PHO gets Brogdon for depth around their big-3

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2023, 06:08:15 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769
Kyle Kuzman decline his player option and now a UFA.. he be a nice fit in Dallas or Brooklyn

Neither team has cap space and he wants more than the MLE.

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2023, 06:11:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Neither team has cap space and he wants more than the MLE.
Which he deserves. Was playing very well this season
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2023, 06:58:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Who are these wing defenders who don't struggle with two All-NBA wings on the same team?

Did you think Bey played good defense on Tatum or Jaylen in that series? I don't think any of their wings were impressive defensively.

Do you think Bey is a good defender generally? Outside of that series I mean.

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2023, 07:34:38 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
So apparently adult film stars are trying to black mail the league into trading Zion out of New Orleans.  What a mess.  The Pels need to do it while they can still get any kind of value for him.

I also don’t know how threatening to do all this is supposed to hurt Zion when he presumably doesn’t even want to be in NO.

Considering the hype, this guys gonna end up being one of the biggest busts of all time.

I have been trying to understand this drama.  It seems like Zion has one women who he has declared to be his girl friend.  She is pregnant.  Then there are I think two others that have been with Zion that I think are jealous or upset that they are not the one.  Zion had a baby reveal or something that seemed to trigger these other women.

The one in particular, Moriah Mills is the one threatening to "drop" sex tapes of Zion if he is not traded.  The only thing I can come up with is that the current girl friend is in New Orleans so maybe Moriah thinks that if Zion is traded, he will come back to her.

The other scorned ex is tweeting that Zion is a sex-addict.  Aren't all 22 year old men?

I didn’t know there was a third woman.  The one you mentioned, Mills, is apparently mad bc she said he lied to her and about the other woman and baby.

The black mail trade demand is what baffles me. your theory makes the most sense I guess.  But if you still want the guy why are you trying to ruin his career in the process.  Zion also already wants out of NO too, so she’s just doing him a backhanded favor.

I’d laugh if Zion just doesn’t have the sack to just demand a trade.  he comes up with this elaborate plan to get what he wants, and this girl just ran WAAAY too far with it.  Ok there’s little to no chance that’s the case but it makes me smile thinking about it

And yes all 22 year old men are sex addicts.  I don’t know how these guys let themselves get tied down so easily when they’re so young and have so much money.

ANYWAY.  I bet he ends up in Portland
Greg