Author Topic: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings  (Read 49373 times)

Re: 2023 NBA Trade Rumors & rumors FA signings
« Reply #105 on: June 19, 2023, 11:04:53 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 493
I don’t anticipate Boston making any moves except PP being moved. Think the Celtics run it back as is

I can see 1, let's call it mid-major move, made.  The team needs some toughness.  They have it in their guards and swings but not in their PF/C.  Al is old, Rob is soft and Grant has more bark then bite at times.  They need someone to take the scoring load off of the J's.  A 15 and 10 guy who can play D and hit the occasional 3.  Projects like Jalen Smith if the team can develop them.  Or vets like Collins/Turner.  Turner with his 20m salary for 2 years is a great option IMO.  A 3 team deal with Brogdon and Gallo going to Phoenix, Ayton to Indy and Turner and #26 to Boston works.  Trading away Brogdon, Gallo saves the team the amount of salary to resign Grant if they want and balances the team's roster.  They definitely need a SF depth and hopefully they can find a way to move up in the draft to pick one.

PG - Smart, Pritchard
SG - Brown, White
SF - Tatum, Hauser, #26 pick
PF - Turner, Grant Williams, Muscala
C - AL/Rob, Kornet

2 Way - JD
2 Way - ?
2 Way - ?

« Reply #106 on: June 19, 2023, 11:17:21 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I was reading up on Jalen Smith in Indiana. It was interesting to hear what happened there this season. They had to give up on Jalen Smith as a starter because of how ineffective he was. They had to start Nesmith instead at PF despite being undersized and a limited player himself because he was still better than Jalen Smith was at PF. Enterin this offseason the Pacers #1 priority has been looking for a replacement PF (targetting one in the draft) precisely because of how ineffective Jalen Smith was.

Yet, Jalen Smith is still regularly mentioned as some sort of solution for Boston's big man issues at PF. He isn't.

« Reply #107 on: June 19, 2023, 11:44:33 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 493
I was reading up on Jalen Smith in Indiana. It was interesting to hear what happened there this season. They had to give up on Jalen Smith as a starter because of how ineffective he was. They had to start Nesmith instead at PF despite being undersized and a limited player himself because he was still better than Jalen Smith was at PF. Enterin this offseason the Pacers #1 priority has been looking for a replacement PF (targetting one in the draft) precisely because of how ineffective Jalen Smith was.

Yet, Jalen Smith is still regularly mentioned as some sort of solution for Boston's big man issues at PF. He isn't.

Jalen Smith is a guy who has major potential if someone can work his shot out.  It's a low cost end of bench addition.  It takes bigs longer then other positions to figure it out.  They also didn't give Isaiah Jackson as much run as they should have either.  The Pacers haven't developed bigs very well.  Smith makes live 5m per year.  I'd rather have him over Kornet with the chance he can be your 1st big off the bench if he can figure out his shot. 

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2023, 11:54:27 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422

I have been out on Smith since his predraft. I haven't followed him closely as a pro but at the time he was drafted I though his high hips prevented him from holding position on the block or moving laterally effectively .
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2023, 12:44:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
According to NBA reporter Marc Stein, the Dallas Mavericks "appear to be the only confirmed bidder for Irving's services" as of Sunday. Irving finished his 2022-23 campaign in Dallas

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2023, 01:46:53 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 435
Draymond Green turns down 27.5 million player option… good luck finding a team to give him more
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2023, 01:52:29 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1488
The Celtics have no interest in an Ayton deal per a league source due to his pricy contract so any scenario that involves Brogdon going to Phoenix now is dead without a third team getting involved. Phoenix could involve moving Ayton elsewhere but don’t look for Boston to get involved unless Ayton’s going to a different team.– via Brian Robb @ Booth Newspapers
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2023, 01:56:17 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Draymond Green turns down 27.5 million player option… good luck finding a team to give him more

GS would be wise to move on at this point.

« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2023, 02:51:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 769

I can't help it. I love Draymond Green and think he can part of a championship team for at least a couple more years. I do think he will fade fast due to his size and athleticism, but they just don't make them like Green anymore. He's obnoxious, but there aren't many guys you'd rather play with. He's a fantastic defender (probably top 10 all-time) and does an excellent job setting his teammates up.

I'd take him if there were any way we could get him.

« Reply #114 on: June 19, 2023, 03:04:45 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550

I can't help it. I love Draymond Green and think he can part of a championship team for at least a couple more years. I do think he will fade fast due to his size and athleticism, but they just don't make them like Green anymore. He's obnoxious, but there aren't many guys you'd rather play with. He's a fantastic defender (probably top 10 all-time) and does an excellent job setting his teammates up.

He would be a guy who I think could help the change the culture here. The team is currently too soft and if Grant W goes, I don't see that part improving much. But I also don't see how they could afford Draymond.

« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2023, 03:21:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He would be a guy who I think could help the change the culture here. The team is currently too soft and if Grant W goes, I don't see that part improving much. But I also don't see how they could afford Draymond.
Honest question but at his age and skill set, what is an honest contract for Draymond? He was due $27 mil but can’t imagine he’s worth anything north of $20 mil per.

« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2023, 03:51:26 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

He hates Boston fans. Right after we got eliminated, he went on his podcast and said he was happy because our fans are awful. He's not coming here.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2023, 04:18:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
high hips prevented him from holding position on the block or moving laterally effectively .

There have been a lot of guys with high hips that could hold their position.  Most NBA guys have long legs and thus high hips, it helps you jump quite a bit as longer limbs.  This isn't football

Jordan, Russell, Wilt, Kareem and LeBron and countless other guys had high hips and long legs.

https://vault.si.com/.image/t_share/MTY5MTAwOTQ4NzkzMjcxNzcx/bill-russell-vault2jpg.jpg

It is more about him not working out enough than his hips height.

« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2023, 04:23:22 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

IMO he’s next important guy Golden State have after Curry. He’s always been their pseudo point guard and defensive organiser.

GS should never have given Thompson all that money. He was an elite 3 & D guard, but still a pretty replaceable skill set. I’d imagine he got that money to appease Curry.

If Green leaves, I’d imagine it’s for the Lakers because he’s with Klutch Sports.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 04:28:51 PM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2023, 04:25:34 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029

He hates Boston fans. Right after we got eliminated, he went on his podcast and said he was happy because our fans are awful. He's not coming here.

Somebody should ought to, you know, fall and land on his knees during a play and have him sit out for the rest of the season. He a thug and a dirty player while at it on the floor. Still won't forget how he made football tackles to our guys and got away with it.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)