Author Topic: Bradley Beal?  (Read 9820 times)

Re: Bradley Beal?
« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2023, 06:22:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1400
No way I'd trade Brown straight up for Beal (if the dollars even worked, which they don't).  That said, I wouldn't mind Beal here. 

Beal for Brogdon, Rob, Pritchard, 24 1st, 26 1st, 28 1st (top 4), pick swaps in 25 and 27

That is a pretty solid rebuilding trade for the Wizards given the draft picks, Rob, and Pritchard.  They could move Brogdon for at least a couple of 2nd's if not a 1st (especially if they kept him a year)

Post-trade Boston with several open roster spots
Starters - Smart, Beal, Brown, Tatum, Horford
Bench - White, Hauser, Grant, Gallinari, Muscala, Kornet, Champagnie, Davison

Team obviously needs another quality big, so I'd try to move White or Smart for a similar level of player that is a big (maybe Collins from Atlanta).  Or maybe a Brown for Towns type trade comes to be.  Just need another move to balance the roster more, but if you could get Beal while keeping Brown and Tatum, you have to do it.

Weren't the players and the fans criticizing Mazzulla for sticking with the "small" starting line over using RWill?  That we were so much better when we started 2 bigs.  Now we are going to trade for Beal so we can have an even smaller starting line up?

I know a lot of people like the idea of the small line ups.  Not me.  Even if you are able or willing to trade Brown for Towns, Beal is not the small guard that I would target.  LaMelo and Garland who have been mentioned are better options.
but you can't get them without trading Brown, I think you could get Beal without doing so.  Sure if we could do a draft pick trade for Garland or Ball, you do that every time, but I just don't see those as viable. Getting Beal in a draft pick trade is much more likely.

Also, I agree that team is small, which is why you'd need to do another trade, but you don't let a chance to get a guy like Beal, without giving up JB or JT slip by.  Maximize the talent and make the fit work woth later trades.

Three max players is not really possible under the new cba so this is a non starter

« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2023, 06:36:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Really hope that this doesn't happen...

Mutual interest between Bradley Beal, Miami Heat, but Beal not trying to push his way to Miami or any specific team

While Bradley Beal would welcome a trade to the Heat if the Wizards decide to deal him, he is not trying to push his way to Miami or any specific team, the source said. Beal, who has not asked for a trade, is open to landing with more than a handful of teams; the franchise’s ability to compete for a championship ranks highly among the important criteria for him. – via Miami Herald

The Washington Wizards and the representation for Bradley Beal have a general understanding of several of the teams that Beal would be willing to accept in a trade, and the Heat, as expected, is among those teams, according to a source with direct knowledge. The interest appears mutual: The Heat has expressed interest in Beal, according to the source, though it’s unclear what Miami would be willing to trade for him. – via Miami Herald

Would be a painful team to deal with, but surely someone outbids a measly offer of Herro + Robinson + mediocre picks, right?

Not sure anyone does outbid that.

Beal's trade value should be low given his recent injury history, huge contract, age and on-court impact. I do not expect WAS to get any blue chip prospects back in return for Beal. An offer of a solid vet or two and multiple picks looks right to me.

Are we still here in 2023 not realizing Robinson is one of the worst
Contracts In the nba? He is owed 38 million over the next two years and on any decent team is like an 8th man. I’ve been completely baffled that people on this forum never bring this up. It’s a little better now with only two more years, but he has consistently been in every worst contract list for the last two years. And yes, the wizards don’t need to take on a 20 million a year below average role player to dump beal lol.

What team has nothing but good contracts to give up for Bradley Beal? Washington have a strong likelihood of having to take back a bad contract or two in order to move Beal.

They are not trading Beal to get D Robinson. They are trading Beal to get Herro & a bunch of first round picks. D Robinson and his bad contract is what they have to live with in order to get the good assets they want out of the deal.

They won't be building a title contender any time soon. They can wait out 2 years of a bad contract.

« Reply #107 on: June 15, 2023, 07:23:17 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
I think Kristaps is a more likely target, if the wizards are rebuilding his scoring ability with his size would do something for this team, if he opts in he may be getable, I think may fit better than Brogdon has.

« Reply #108 on: June 15, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572

Mutual interest between Bradley Beal, Miami Heat, but Beal not trying to push his way to Miami or any specific team

While Bradley Beal would welcome a trade to the Heat if the Wizards decide to deal him, he is not trying to push his way to Miami or any specific team, the source said. Beal, who has not asked for a trade, is open to landing with more than a handful of teams; the franchise’s ability to compete for a championship ranks highly among the important criteria for him. – via Miami Herald

The Washington Wizards and the representation for Bradley Beal have a general understanding of several of the teams that Beal would be willing to accept in a trade, and the Heat, as expected, is among those teams, according to a source with direct knowledge. The interest appears mutual: The Heat has expressed interest in Beal, according to the source, though it’s unclear what Miami would be willing to trade for him. – via Miami Herald

Would be a painful team to deal with, but surely someone outbids a measly offer of Herro + Robinson + mediocre picks, right?

Beal's trade value should be low given his recent injury history, huge contract, age and on-court impact. I do not expect WAS to get any blue chip prospects back in return for Beal. An offer of a solid vet or two and multiple picks looks right to me.

Contracts In the nba? He is owed 38 million over the next two years and on any decent team is like an 8th man. I’ve been completely baffled that people on this forum never bring this up. It’s a little better now with only two more years, but he has consistently been in every worst contract list for the last two years. And yes, the wizards don’t need to take on a 20 million a year below average role player to dump beal lol.

What team has nothing but good contracts to give up for Bradley Beal? Washington have a strong likelihood of having to take back a bad contract or two in order to move Beal.

They are not trading Beal to get D Robinson. They are trading Beal to get Herro & a bunch of first round picks. D Robinson and his bad contract is what they have to live with in order to get the good assets they want out of the deal.

They won't be building a title contender any time soon. They can wait out 2 years of a bad contract.
That is why I think an offer of Brogdon, Rob, Pritchard, and a bunch of 1st's would be an excellent offer.  Obviously the difference between the Miami and that Boston offer would come down to what they really thought of Herro and how many 1st's each team was willing to give up. 

It won't take Brown though, which is why I wouldn't count Boston out. 

So you do this:

Beal for Brogdon, Rob, Pritchard, 24 1st, 26 1st, 28 1st (top 4), pick swaps in 25 and 27

then you do something like this:

Collins, Griffin for Smart, Gallinari

New Team

Starters - Beal, Brown, Tatum, Collins, Horford (or you could go smaller and start White instead of Horford depending on matchup)
Rotation - White, Hauser, Griffin, Grant, Muscala
Deep Bench - Davison, Champagnie, Kornet, 35

That would be a more expensive team next year, but would also be a better team that is much more likely to win a title.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #109 on: June 15, 2023, 09:30:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

1) I am not saying good contracts just not league worst
2) There are a bunch of young teams that are looking to make a leap that have a cap space or could make maneuvers to have cap space without sending out an awful contract including houston, detroit, san antonio and orlando. Would beal wave his no trade for those teams? I am not really sure, but would have to think that playing for pops with wemby for example would be somewhat appealing. I get that Beal has a somewhat bad contract and has injury questions but he is not so bad they need to be getting back the jordan pool and duncan robinsons of the world.

« Reply #110 on: June 15, 2023, 10:10:55 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 770
Anyone listen to Russillo's pod today with Woj? Russillo asked something to the effect, "Do you think people will be surprised at how little guys like Beal and Lillard may end up being traded for, given how much they make under the CBA guidelines?" To which Woj answered, "Yes."

Woj suggested that previously what might have been needed was "a good young player a bunch of firsts," but then he went on to say something like, "but now it may be either a good young player or a first."

This is Woj we are talking about, one of the most connected basketball people out there.

I just don't think fans understand the implications of the new CBA yet (including myself). I think everything is going to change. Role players signed to great contracts are going to be as valuable as second rate "stars" on bloated contracts.

« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2023, 10:27:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1041
Anyone listen to Russillo's pod today with Woj? Russillo asked something to the effect, "Do you think people will be surprised at how little guys like Beal and Lillard may end up being traded for, given how much they make under the CBA guidelines?" To which Woj answered, "Yes."

Woj suggested that previously what might have been needed was "a good young player a bunch of firsts," but then he went on to say something like, "but now it may be either a good young player or a first."

This is Woj we are talking about, one of the most connected basketball people out there.

I just don't think fans understand the implications of the new CBA yet (including myself). I think everything is going to change. Role players signed to great contracts are going to be as valuable as second rate "stars" on bloated contracts.

So would a Malcolm Brogdon for Bradley Beal work in that case  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #112 on: June 15, 2023, 10:39:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White

So would a Malcolm Brogdon for Bradley Beal work in that case  ;D

I certainly agree guys like Lilliard and beal will not get as much as In the best when all teams were trying to get 3 stars. But I think some of these trade proposals are going crazy in the other way. While Lilliard or beal may not get a young stud and a high pick they will get at least one of those. In this proposed deal with Miami which one of those are they getting? Herro is a high end role player that probably doesn’t have a ton of upside entering his 5th season and he hasn’t really improved. What do him and Robinson and a pick or two In the late 20’s do for the wizards? They are just even worse for the next few years with nothing to show for it. Now if they traded beal for the number 3 pick nurkik and other contracts that actually gives them a piece. If they get barrett and rose and Fournier that at least gives them a piece for room for growth. Beal sells tickets they aren’t just giving him away in a deal with no upside.

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2023, 03:53:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3009
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1671966256482664449

Washington and Phoenix have finalized the Bradley Beal trade, landing the Wizards six second-round draft picks and four first-round pick swaps, sources tell ESPN. Suns are sending seconds in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030. Pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

Beal, Isaiah Todd and Jordan Goodwin to the Suns for Chris Paul and Landry Shamet. Suns are sending cash too, per sources.
Wow. That’s a lot of pick swaps. Has Phoenix now traded or given swap rights to every single 1st round pick they can? This has disaster written all over it, especially in two to three years time.

That’s a much more decent package than first thought. The latter two or three pick swaps could be major upgrades.

« Reply #114 on: June 22, 2023, 03:58:25 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Washington and Phoenix have finalized the Bradley Beal trade, landing the Wizards six second-round draft picks and four first-round pick swaps, sources tell ESPN. Suns are sending seconds in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030. Pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

Beal, Isaiah Todd and Jordan Goodwin to the Suns for Chris Paul and Landry Shamet. Suns are sending cash too, per sources.
Wow. That’s a lot of pick swaps. Has Phoenix now traded or given swap rights to every single 1st round pick they can? This has disaster written all over it, especially in two to three years time.

That’s a much more decent package than first thought. The latter two or three pick swaps could be major upgrades.

Wow, that is a ton of pick swaps. And given what they gave up in the KD trade, they're tapped out on trading 1sts for a long time.

How do you get sustainable depth on that roster?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2023, 04:02:44 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580

Wow, that is a ton of pick swaps. And given what they gave up in the KD trade, they're tapped out on trading 1sts for a long time.

I believe the Suns have now traded literally every pick they can. Can't trade anymore firsts through 2030, all their swap rights are traded, no more seconds. They have maxed out the credit card.

« Reply #116 on: June 22, 2023, 04:04:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572

trade Ayton in a 1 for 3 type trade
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #117 on: June 22, 2023, 04:19:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580

Not sure they can actually move Ayton without giving up assets to do so. And they don't have any more assets to give up.

« Reply #118 on: June 22, 2023, 04:22:57 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1714
Now that we know what the swaps look like, that deal looks like a homerun for Washington.  Can't help but see parallels to the Brooklyn deal that got us the picks that became Brown and Tatum.  The Suns have a lot of aging and/or oft-injured pieces and zero assets left.  Strong chance that team craters in time for the Wizards to strike gold on a couple of those swaps. 

« Reply #119 on: June 22, 2023, 04:27:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I've been saying this, but what team will want him that has role players to give up? The Nets didn't want him in the KD deal, so they're out. Maybe the Mavs? But Maxi Kleber and Tim Hardaway Jr. aren't that exciting. In theory, the Hawks make some sense. They could do something around Capela/Bey/a small salary, but I'd guess they'd like to move off of John Collins first.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman