Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 264344 times)

Re: Fire Joe!
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2023, 06:35:44 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
This is on Tatum.  This is his time to man up.  He passed up two game ending drives.  Do your thing dude if your gonna be Like Kobe
Ridiculous takeaway. If Tatum had forced a layup vs 2-3 defenders (including Embiid) you would have been the first to criticise him not passing

Oh would I have?  Why because I’ve been criticizing the whole time?  First time here in months my dude.  But ya’ll wanna blame a first year coach lol

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2023, 06:36:13 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Some of you guys don’t know how basketball works. You know Joe, in all likelihood didnt call a double on Joel on that last possession? It was literally an idiotic high school basketball play from Jaylen?
Not sure anyone is blaming Joe for leaving Harden open in the corner. They are blaming him for not pulling the reigns when our offence was clearly headless on the final play

There’s a few posters above saying Fire Joe, how do you allow a 3 there?

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2023, 06:38:39 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Some of you guys don’t know how basketball works. You know Joe, in all likelihood didnt call a double on Joel on that last possession? It was literally an idiotic high school basketball play from Jaylen?
Not sure anyone is blaming Joe for leaving Harden open in the corner. They are blaming him for not pulling the reigns when our offence was clearly headless on the final play

These are professionals.  They’ve been there before.  Is their mommy supposed to do everything for them?

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2023, 06:38:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655

casll TO? make sure to stress no threes? holler at JB on court?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2023, 06:43:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
This is on Tatum.  This is his time to man up.  He passed up two game ending drives.  Do your thing dude if your gonna be Like Kobe
Ridiculous takeaway. If Tatum had forced a layup vs 2-3 defenders (including Embiid) you would have been the first to criticise him not passing

Oh would I have?  Why because I’ve been criticizing the whole time?  First time here in months my dude.  But ya’ll wanna blame a first year coach lol
Oh, I am well aware it’s your first time here in a while. Because all you do is come here when things have gone badly and heap criticism upon the players. It’s 90% of your posting history, which is public
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2023, 06:44:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

These are professionals.  They’ve been there before.  Is their mommy supposed to do everything for them?
Are you projecting some kind of weird insecurity? The players are beholden to the coach, who sucks

« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2023, 06:44:50 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

You realize there was a timeout by the 76ers literally right before that play?

JB just had a huge brain cramp. Dumb play, but "calling timeout" isn't the magic you guys think it is, especially when a timeout was actually called.

I also liked both the actions at the buzzer. They got clean looks with downwards momentum.

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2023, 06:44:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

The three is on Jaylen. The turgid offence is on Joe. Hope that clears it up

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2023, 06:45:03 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
I don't like that this team is insisted on taking 3's even when their MVP is sitting. Another offensive philosophy that needs to be adjusted

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2023, 06:47:32 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398

Yeah I agree with this. I highly doubt Joe told jaylen to leave harden wide open for three there. He obviously doesn’t trust him self to draw up a play though. That much is clear.

« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2023, 06:48:14 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1655

JB just had a huge brain cramp. Dumb play, but "calling timeout" isn't the magic you guys think it is, especially when a timeout was actually called.

I also liked both the actions at the buzzer. They got clean looks with downwards momentum.

right they had a to

more fail on joe and jb then for not stressing this

pathetic
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2023, 06:50:54 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1488

Yep. There was plenty of time to run a play in both the end of regulation and OT. Calling a timeout beforehand doesn’t guarantee that things will work out.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2023, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
It was kind of funny to hear Doris explain that Joe has said that he doesn’t like using timeouts because he wants no shortage of them in case he were to need them.  Then literally just a few seconds later we watch them dismiss taking a timeout before a possession with the game on the line.  I believe he also did the same thing before the end of regulation too.

I get the logic of keeping the other team off balance by not taking the time out before the last possession but most coaches do this as more of a surprise tactic.  It’s starting to become normal here.   I feel like most coaches relish the opportunity to design a great play coming off a timeout.  Brad certainly seemed to, and Doc was pretty well known for it when he was here.  Just doesn’t seem like a great show of confidence if your coach might seem to be avoiding it
Greg

« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2023, 06:52:34 PM »

Offline Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 264

Yeah I agree with this. I highly doubt Joe told jaylen to leave harden wide open for three there. He obviously doesn’t trust him self to draw up a play though. That much is clear.

This. I also don’t think that Joe has the capability to draw up a good play in crunch time.

But at least he can remind his players that they don’t need to always shoot a 3 regardless of the point difference.
Sometimes a 2 or FTs is enough.

Call the timeout, Joe.

« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2023, 06:56:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don’t have a problem with him just calling a play out of a side out with ample time. I do have a problem with Smart getting the final shot both at the end of regulation and in OT. I hope someone asks him about that postgame. Better not have been the plan.

The problem with the last play wasn't Marcus' wide open shot (that he made).  It was starting the play with two seconds left, despite Philly being out of timeouts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes