Author Topic: Celtics (2-0) at Hawks (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 4/21/23  (Read 12880 times)

Re: Celtics (2-0) at Hawks (0-2) Round 1 Game 3 4/21/23
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2023, 10:24:03 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Disgusting, we will never win a title with Joe Mazzulla.

sooooooooo re hire IME???????

Iiiiiiiiiiiiii meee oooh  ;D
Wee bit late now  ;D

« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2023, 10:24:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1492
Kinda had to know a let down was eminent after the first two dominant games. Typical NBA stuff.. home team battles back with everything they got to save face .

Next game :

Will the REAL championship bound team please stand up .

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1268
Why do people think a loss is always due to a lack of effort? Was anyone watching Al’s defense on Trae when he made that off balance 3? Or later when we defended for 24 seconds and Murray hit a prayer over White? Sometimes a team shoots lights out. That’s what Atlanta did. I’m sorry but this wasn’t lack of effort. The Hawks shot lights out and won the game. It happens. Move on.

TP. Let’s get game 4.

« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2023, 10:27:59 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1659

Wee bit late now  ;D

i am just asking? will he answer??

who is better? ime? or joe?
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2023, 10:32:06 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1492

Wee bit late now  ;D

i am just asking? will he answer??

who is better? ime? or joe?

Well, last year the C’s finished the season with 51 wins and this year they had 57.. So…  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #410 on: April 21, 2023, 10:41:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
anticipating C's will come out playing better D on Sunday and put more effort into rebounding.  Can't see Atlanta shooting this well again on Sunday though Murray has been hot the past 2 games

« Reply #411 on: April 21, 2023, 10:49:09 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1034
Worst 2nd quarter performance I've ever seen in the Tatum/JB Celtics playoff era in terms of defense. Nonexistent.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #412 on: April 21, 2023, 10:53:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1034
Am I missing something? Most people predicted a gentleman’s sweep (C’s in 5). That would also mean we lose one  :P

Obviously a frustrating game and loss but really? People are acting like we just got eliminated lol

I’ll be concerned if they lose Sunday, yes, but I’m still very confident. That was Atlanta’s best. I doubt they do it again

But but but what if the C's lose three straight and it becomes a 7 game series?!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #413 on: April 21, 2023, 11:10:46 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 382
Casual Celtics Always LOSE...came out chucking 3 pointers from the tip off
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #414 on: April 22, 2023, 03:50:04 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 436
Haha folks, it’s just one game..tip your hat off to Atlanta, they shot well tonight, it happens
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #415 on: April 22, 2023, 05:53:51 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1419
Am I missing something? Most people predicted a gentleman’s sweep (C’s in 5). That would also mean we lose one  :P

Obviously a frustrating game and loss but really? People are acting like we just got eliminated lol

I’ll be concerned if they lose Sunday, yes, but I’m still very confident. That was Atlanta’s best. I doubt they do it again

Everyone predicts one loss, but actually going through that loss is very painful and provokes a lot of angst and recrimination  :police:

I'm with you, they can't beat us a 7 game series. This loss should give them a dose of humility and a realization that no win is guaranteed no matter how much better you are than the opponent. At least it wasn't a home loss.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #416 on: April 22, 2023, 06:25:09 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2576
Casual Celtics Always LOSE...came out chucking 3 pointers from the tip off

Cs have shown little evidence that they can flip and sustain the intensity switch when they are in one of these games.  The pattern has been that the get into a trailing, catch up, then lapse (chucking threes and ISOs and sloppy/cocky) mentality. They play with purpose in spurts only enough to get close, or even tie or go up by a couple, and then the opponent regains their cushion - causing the Cs wake up for a few minutes, etc….  This is survivable v. the Hawks. Possibly v. the Sixers. Definitely not v. the Bucks.

Unfortunate because the roster is excellent. Hoped that the playoffs would ratchet things up. Maybe this just one game. We’ll see. 

JBs hand is a factor. If letting the hand heal for a week would help - now’s the time.  Also, Horford as a veteran leader is great - but ultimately the Jays need to model intensity/leadership on the court. They both lapse.

I’d like to see Joe notice the direction/flow of a game like this and at least make attempts to stop it. Maybe inserting Grant was his attempt, but clearly that wasn’t enough - though Grant played well and with good energy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 06:43:57 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #417 on: April 22, 2023, 07:33:54 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 386
You cant win every series 4-0. There are bound to be some losses.

Hawks hit everything even when the celtics turned on the defense. Hopefully this is a wakeup call to come out next game with defensive intensity from the start and to drive to the hoop like they did the first 2 games.

I knew it was a bad omen type of game when smart hit his first 2 threes. that meant he was going to be bombs away and take away shots from Brown.

« Reply #418 on: April 22, 2023, 07:42:39 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 982
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Everyone predicts one loss, but actually going through that loss is very painful and provokes a lot of angst and recrimination  :police:

I'm with you, they can't beat us a 7 game series. This loss should give them a dose of humility and a realization that no win is guaranteed no matter how much better you are than the opponent. At least it wasn't a home loss.
NOW it's a series. C's needed this dose of humility.

« Reply #419 on: April 22, 2023, 07:47:07 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Celtics were kinda relaxing with their 2-0 series ,   Hawks were in desperation mode = loss for Celtics .   It takes a team made of KG types to destroy all opponents, whoever is in you way run over them attitude . Dray Green does for Warriors , impresses the never let up on anybody mindset.

These Celtics are pretty easy going bunch as a whole .  They are winners,  but not killers.