Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 67626 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #195 on: January 17, 2023, 02:42:44 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1883
Just finished the 1st half of season one of 1923.  This is the second prequel series to Yellowstone and stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. I prefer this series to the earlier prequel 1883.  Looking forward to the second half scheduled to start Feb. 5 on Paramount+.

Yeah, I like this one a lot.  The romantic scenes don’t do it for me, but everything else is great.

I especially liked the scenes filmed in Africa.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 02:51:03 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #196 on: January 17, 2023, 04:01:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just finished the 1st half of season one of 1923.  This is the second prequel series to Yellowstone and stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. I prefer this series to the earlier prequel 1883.  Looking forward to the second half scheduled to start Feb. 5 on Paramount+.

Yeah, I like this one a lot.  The romantic scenes don’t do it for me, but everything else is great.

I like a lot of them, but I think the love story aspect is a bit silly, schmaltzy and over the top.  Of course, I didn’t like the Elsa story arc in 1883.  Nor the romantic arc in Mayor of Kingstown.  I guess I don’t like how Sheridan writes love stories. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2023, 04:06:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
 Emily in Paris Season 3

:P

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #198 on: January 17, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Emily in Paris Season 3

Unless you’re getting fringe benefits out of that, banned.  Haha.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #199 on: January 17, 2023, 04:13:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Vikings Valhalla Season 2.  Pretty mindless entertainment at this point.  A watered down version of Vikings with little point to it.

« Reply #200 on: January 17, 2023, 04:16:44 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
Emily in Paris Season 3

Unless you’re getting fringe benefits out of that, banned.  Haha.

Definitely not of my own volition.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #201 on: January 17, 2023, 07:20:04 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
"Your Honor." One of the most disjointed and dysfunctional pieces of crap ever put on screen. I'm pretty much hate watching it until its inevitable cancellation lol. The only thing giving it credibility is the phenomenal Bryan Cranston as the lead.

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2023, 07:40:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
"Your Honor." One of the most disjointed and dysfunctional pieces of crap ever put on screen. I'm pretty much hate watching it until its inevitable cancellation lol. The only thing giving it credibility is the phenomenal Bryan Cranston as the lead.

Ouch.  I actually liked Season 1, and was pleasantly surprised by Season 2’s premier.

« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2023, 08:38:59 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 502
Watched the premier of “The Last of Us” yesterday. I was impressed and think it will be a really good show. Same director from the mini series “Chernobyl” which was excellent. Feel like this could be HBO’s next big hit.

Yeah they kind of have everything going for them for this to be must watch television. Great source material, two great leads (to be honest I can't even imagine someone other than Pascal as Joel) and a show running team of the guy who made Chernobyl (Mazin) and the actual writer and co director of the source material Druckmann. Combine all of that with a first episode that seems very true to the source material and you have a run away critical train. After watching the first episode I am ecstatic for where this project is headed.
#JKJB

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2023, 08:30:05 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
Vikings Valhalla Season 2.  Pretty mindless entertainment at this point.  A watered down version of Vikings with little point to it.

Lol
Just started watching the first season with my wife.  Definitely as you described.  I’m also starting to get confused between that series and the Last Kingdom.
Yup

« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2023, 01:52:49 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

Me too. I’m smitten with that gal and wanna be that guy. Great choices for John Dutton’s paternal grandparents. Can’t wait to meet his parents in the seemingly inevitable 1963 🤣

« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2023, 01:58:17 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Ouch.  I actually liked Season 1, and was pleasantly surprised by Season 2’s premier.

Same. Cranston, Stuhlbarg (Jimmy Baxter) and Whitlock (Mayor Charlie Figaro) are a trifecta tour de force. We are in for a treat, although it seems improbable they could find a better ending than season one.

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2023, 02:00:13 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Watched the premier of “The Last of Us” yesterday. I was impressed and think it will be a really good show. Same director from the mini series “Chernobyl” which was excellent. Feel like this could be HBO’s next big hit.

Yeah they kind of have everything going for them for this to be must watch television. Great source material, two great leads (to be honest I can't even imagine someone other than Pascal as Joel) and a show running team of the guy who made Chernobyl (Mazin) and the actual writer and co director of the source material Druckmann. Combine all of that with a first episode that seems very true to the source material and you have a run away critical train. After watching the first episode I am ecstatic for where this project is headed.

Chernobyl is some of the finest television of this century, and all signs point towards The Last of Us being the next big HBO Hit. If so, Netflix will soon be reeling given that House of the Dragon (basically the return of the Game of Thrones universe) already blew things in HBO’s favor…

« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2023, 02:06:21 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Pascal is such a [dang] fine actor. Mando and now Joel too? Yes, he’s that good. Hopefully he continues to get these exceptional roles for years to come because television is much better because of Pascal.

« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2023, 06:19:33 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1572

Pascal is such a [dang] fine actor. Mando and now Joel too? Yes, he’s that good. Hopefully he continues to get these exceptional roles for years to come because television is much better because of Pascal.
Bella Ramsey is awesome as well.  Who doesn't love Lyanna Mormount?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip