Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 67633 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2022, 07:53:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
Good dark sitcom - Dead to Me. 

If anyone has watched Longmire - what do you think? 
I watched first episode and it was OK, not great. Not sure if I want to invest more time in it.

Is Dead to Me continuing? I saw Christina Applegate has health problems. Sad. I didn’t keep going after a few episodes but I figured I’d always go back. I appreciate original ideas like that one had.

I think Christina Applegate is ok healthwise.  A third and final season was released. Very well done. A series that didn’t overplay its quirky, dark hand.  Linda Cardelini is excellent.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 10:19:39 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #181 on: December 27, 2022, 07:43:37 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
I'm really enjoying Tulsa King.  Never liked Stallone, but he is perfect playing a hard ass mafia boss in Oklahoma.

This 👍

« Reply #182 on: December 27, 2022, 10:01:56 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
I recommend The Last Kingdom if you havent watched. Great performances from the actors and actresses.

I'm the nerd who read the books long before the series.  Uhtred is a great character.  The best seasons are when Alfred is around.  Bernard Cornwell, the author, actually lives the next town over from me.  He actually has a cameo where he is part of a group walking through the woods.  He says one word, then gets killed by an arrow (or is it a sword?).  His battle scene descriptions in the books are amazing.  Lots of blood and guts and fecal matter.
Yup

« Reply #183 on: December 27, 2022, 11:07:25 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Gunsmoke

« Reply #184 on: December 27, 2022, 11:12:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Witcher: Blood Origin.  It was okay.  Definitely not exceptional, but there are worse ways to blow 3.5 hours.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #185 on: December 27, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1501
Just finished season 2 finale of White Lotus.  Awesome.

I liked the first season, but thought the second was just average. Jennifer Coolidge was good in both, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #186 on: December 27, 2022, 04:04:07 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Wife and I like to have older mindless TV shows that we can put on while she falls asleep so we don't have to keep choosing shows. Right now that show has been Psych and although I wasn't too big of a fan, it was good mindless entertainment. After a few seasons of random episodes, we are now towards season 8 (last season) and they have done a surprisingly good job with the characters' arc.

It's by far not a good show or deep show. However, it is mindless entertainment where if you miss parts of the show, it's not a big deal.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #187 on: December 27, 2022, 05:03:31 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Jack Ryan season 3. It was okay. Fits the series.

« Reply #188 on: January 10, 2023, 07:08:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Finished Andor… Really well made. I hope the writer and director for this series stay involved with the Star Wars franchise. It’s a rarity these days for a show to have incredible special effects and excellent acting. This series had both.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2023, 08:36:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The Recruit on Netflix.  pretty good.  saw a few of the twists and turns coming but overall worth the time to watch

« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2023, 08:48:25 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Scobby Doo

« Reply #191 on: January 17, 2023, 12:29:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
Watched the premier of “The Last of Us” yesterday. I was impressed and think it will be a really good show. Same director from the mini series “Chernobyl” which was excellent. Feel like this could be HBO’s next big hit.

« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2023, 01:45:45 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
I am watching Joe Pickett and I like it a lot.
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #193 on: January 17, 2023, 02:13:43 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1883
Just finished the 1st half of season one of 1923.  This is the second prequel series to Yellowstone and stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. I prefer this series to the earlier prequel 1883.  Looking forward to the second half scheduled to start Feb. 5 on Paramount+.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #194 on: January 17, 2023, 02:17:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25582
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just finished the 1st half of season one of 1923.  This is the second prequel series to Yellowstone and stars Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren. I prefer this series to the earlier prequel 1883.  Looking forward to the second half scheduled to start Feb. 5 on Paramount+.

Yeah, I like this one a lot.  The romantic scenes don’t do it for me, but everything else is great.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes