Author Topic: Danny Looking for a Center?  (Read 6966 times)

Danny Looking for a Center?
« on: February 08, 2021, 05:08:10 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
The conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether TT's agent may have alerted him to this because Thompson has been a lot better the past few games.

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1358891353401344004?s=20

Re: Danny Looking for a Center?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 05:10:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I just don’t believe that a bunch of people in front offices are furiously texting Kevin O’Connor about what the Celtics are doing.

I found this from last week to be more interesting:

An agent told TrueHoop that he heard from the Celtics, who were looking for, in the agent’s words, “a free agent center who had recently recovered from COVID-19.” An NBA general manager who spoke with TrueHoop put it this way: “[Getting COVID-19] is, unfortunately, like getting a FastPass at Disney World.” 4 days ago – via Henry Abbott @ TrueHoop

Now, we have no idea when that conversation took place, although I assume it is from when COVID was wrecking the roster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 05:13:23 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
If Ainge do anything, it be a minor trade
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 05:13:36 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1487
I just don’t believe that a bunch of people in front offices are furiously texting Kevin O’Connor about what the Celtics are doing.

Why not. What else would they be doing?  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 05:39:18 PM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16
Look to the Magic for one stop shopping. Magic just signed Fultz and Isaac to long term deals and both are out for the season.  Magic are 9-15, going nowhere, and have 2 bigs and 2 wings that could be moved.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 05:48:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

An agent told TrueHoop that he heard from the Celtics, who were looking for, in the agent’s words, “a free agent center who had recently recovered from COVID-19.” An NBA general manager who spoke with TrueHoop put it this way: “[Getting COVID-19] is, unfortunately, like getting a FastPass at Disney World.” 4 days ago – via Henry Abbott @ TrueHoop

Now, we have no idea when that conversation took place, although I assume it is from when COVID was wrecking the roster.

What does that even mean?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 05:54:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25592
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

What does that even mean?

https://www.truehoop.com/p/covid-can-help-your-nba-career

But the web of rules includes—two teams and the NBA, itself, confirm—a loophole for players who have tested positive within the last 90 days. They can join your team after only a two-day quarantine. Otherwise newly signed players would have to be properly quarantined for six days, or in some cases even longer, before taking the court.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
Look to the Magic for one stop shopping. Magic just signed Fultz and Isaac to long term deals and both are out for the season.  Magic are 9-15, going nowhere, and have 2 bigs and 2 wings that could be moved.

I don't pay attention to them. Is Vucevic getable?   He seems like a brad wet dream.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223

I don't pay attention to them. Is Vucevic getable?   He seems like a brad wet dream.

I think KAT is the real wet dream....

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »

Offline Uncle_Stingfinger

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 9
i think we could offer them every pick and every player other than tatum and brown and we still don't have enough to get that guy.   

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 06:22:14 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 433
Only way Minnesota trades Towns is if he pulls a Harden and wants out
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 06:28:28 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3223
Only way Minnesota trades Towns is if he pulls a Harden and wants out

Which with the way they are going won't be long....

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »

Offline Fred Ziffel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Too much invested in the 3 they have.  Someone lit a fire under TT.  Robert Williams has shown exceptional athleticism at times but seems like as apace cadet at other times.  Theis is a great backup on a top team.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 07:03:13 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
I don’t know what “free agent” means in that statement but Jonas Valanciunas recently recovered from covid and seems like a trade deadline candidate?

Add from Wikipedia:

“On 11 July 2019, Valančiūnas signed a reported three-year, $45 million contract with the Grizzlies”

So he’s signed for $15M/year til 2022? He’s just 28 years old too. If Memphis decides to start developing their young guns then maybe he could be on the trading block sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:47:36 PM by radiohead »

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 09:24:38 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 758
Danny Ainge looking for a center ? Has to be some crazy, irresponsible rumor.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce