Author Topic: Would you have preferred Ainge gone in this direction during offseason?  (Read 15317 times)

Re: Would you have preferred Ainge gone in this direction during offseason?
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2019, 06:51:20 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 153
Instead of trading the 20th pick in the 2019 Draft for Carsen Edwards and a pick, Ainge drafts Brandon Clarke... also drafts Nassir Little instead of Grant Williams.

Ainge uses our MLE on bringing back Isaiah Thomas rather than Kanter, and then for rebounding sign Kenneth Faried on a Vet Min.

Theis
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Walker

Smart
Thomas
Clarke
Faried
Williams
Little

No.

Kemba is not known for his defence, and Isiah is probably the biggest defensive minus in the entire league.  Even when Isaiah was playing like  a superstar on the offensive end, his offense was barely offsetting the liabilities he gave on the defensive end.  Now his offense is not even a fraction of what it was then - his negative on the defensive end likely would offset his positive on the offensive end about 3:1. 

We also already have Smart and Kemba, so finding minutes for Thomas would have been a challenge.  On the other hand we were desperately underhanded at the center spot, a position Kanter helps fill.  At this point who knows how effective Faried would be - no NBA teams seem to have shown much interest in him the past few years. 

I'm much happier with the way things turned out rather then that plan B scenario, persaonally.

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2019, 08:42:41 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Kemba taking the game over!

« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2019, 05:31:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't get the criticism of the Langford pick

I think guys had their draft binkie and he was not it so he draws their ire.   Because they wanted player X in that spot.  I think the jjury is still out.

« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2019, 07:20:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I think guys had their draft binkie and he was not it so he draws their ire.   Because they wanted player X in that spot.  I think the jjury is still out.
Well, yeah. That makes the most sense. TP.

« Reply #79 on: November 28, 2019, 07:37:22 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Instead of trading the 20th pick in the 2019 Draft for Carsen Edwards and a pick, Ainge drafts Brandon Clarke... also drafts Nassir Little instead of Grant Williams.

Ainge uses our MLE on bringing back Isaiah Thomas rather than Kanter, and then for rebounding sign Kenneth Faried on a Vet Min.

Theis
Hayward
Tatum
Brown
Walker

Smart
Thomas
Clarke
Faried
Williams
Little

Honestly, I'm astounded at how much sense this makes.  TP.

« Reply #80 on: November 28, 2019, 07:40:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 562
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Well, yeah. That makes the most sense. TP.
^agreed. I wanted Goga but I'm not going to throw a hissy fit just because they selected a high upside wing in Langford. Just hope that he stays healthy.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA