Author Topic: It's looking like we do NOTHING  (Read 2394 times)

Re: It's looking like we do NOTHING
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 05:10:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
While we haven't made a deadline deal with the kind of All-Star names that get thrown around lately, the deals we've made have been kept under wraps.  There wasn't a peep about Perkins being traded until it was announced.  So I wouldn't read too much into the relative silence happening now.
Yeah. For all the chatter about Boston remember that Ainge doesn't leak all that much typically. Especially not about moves he wants to get done badly.

He makes a ton of calls all across the league and we mostly hear of it via other agents and other GMs involved. Who naturally are doing the leaking for their own purposes.

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think there's very little chance we do "NOTHING".   Though, I don't really think we HAVE to do something.   We will have a chance to clean up the mess in the Summer.

I fully expect to see a move or two.

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
The perk and Isaiah moves kinda came out of nowhere. Im not worried.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 06:55:42 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think the best option is to consolidate our rookies ( Rozier, Hunter, and Young) for a serviceable mid-level player. Past that I think the best route to improving is to stay firm on the team and draft the BPA with the brooklyn pick, be it a point guard like Dunn.

You'd give up 3 1st round picks for a "serviceable mid-level player"? Glad you're not our GM.
I'd need to know who this mid level player is.

Tony Allen? Absolutely not.

Clint Capela? God yes
in my mind a "serviceable mid-level player" is someone that is one the cusp of being and All Star or had been the previous year. a name like Teague jumps out as an example.

You have a very interesting definition of serviceable. Yes, anybody here would take a borderline all-star for our back of the bench young players. The other teams would have to agree to it, though.

I agree, that's a hilarious definition of "serviceable mid-level player."

Given that the NBA could have anywhere between 360-450 players at a time.....

....By definition, a mid-level player is a top 180-225 player.

Color me confused.

A "serviceable" "mid-level player" would arguably be a top 150-225 player (if you want to expand that out to a top 120-225 player, that's pretty much what I'd expect).

An all star is a top 24-30 player...................................................
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:05:00 PM by mgent »
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale