Author Topic: Prediction: Marbury to Lakers  (Read 5245 times)

Prediction: Marbury to Lakers
« on: December 22, 2008, 09:05:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
Now that Jordan Farmar has been diagnosed with a torn knee, and is out a minimum of 6-8 weeks, and probably for the season, I see Marbury becoming more motivated to be bought out, and sign with the Lakers as back up PG. Jackson says he is looking for a PG with quickness to replace JF, and Marbury certainly has that. It would be a very good move for the Lakers, toxicity and all, because Marbury can play in the triangle offense, and can penetrate well. It makes too much sense for them.

Re: Prediction: Marbury to Lakers
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Now that Jordan Farmar has been diagnosed with a torn knee, and is out a minimum of 6-8 weeks, and probably for the season, I see Marbury becoming more motivated to be bought out, and sign with the Lakers as back up PG. Jackson says he is looking for a PG with quickness to replace JF, and Marbury certainly has that. It would be a very good move for the Lakers, toxicity and all, because Marbury can play in the triangle offense, and can penetrate well. It makes too much sense for them.

I agree - this makes too much sense.  It is the obvious destination for Starbury.

But didn't he say last week to Spike Lee that he is ready to be bought out/sign with another team after the New Year - and that team would "shock" a lot of people?
God bless and good night!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Marbury says stuff that will shock people, stuff that gets people buzzing, and is unexpected. I don't think there is ANY team biting at the bit to sign Marbury. Im sure some team WOULD but I know that no team is PLANNING to. I know this because any team that is making any plan on what Marbury will do in the future is run by complete idiots, and the only teams run by them are teams we don't care about (lookin at you, Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors).

I don't think there is any way the Lakers take on Marbury. They wouldn't risk giving themselves any kind of headache this season.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd rather they sign Marbury than say trade Odom for Gerald Wallace.

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I hope they do and give me another reason to dislike them if I don't have enough reasons already.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i hope the lakers pick him up...he's a cancer and i can see dr. phil and kobe eventually having issues with him.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 106
I'd rather they sign Marbury than say trade Odom for Gerald Wallace.

It seems there is some stuff going on behind the scenes that could lead to an Odom trade.  That it will be Wallace is only speculation so take it for what it's worth.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11016

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 12:43:10 AM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
It doesn't matter, the Lakers have no chemistry anyway.  Phil is goading Mr. Ego (Kobe), Bynum seems brainless, Sasha and Odumb horrible.  Why not bring in Marbury, it can't really get much worse...

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 03:31:41 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
By all means!  ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 06:17:11 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Phil Jackson hates Marbury.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 06:20:29 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Phil Jackson hates Marbury.

Yeah, but X-mas is the time of dreams.
Let us dream, cordobes  ;)

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The Jordan(ears) farmar injury might actually be a good thing for the lakers depending on who they  pick up..Farmar is a total scrub imo and can do nothing to defend anyone on the celtics roster
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 12:31:45 PM by TatteredOnMySleeve »
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 10:15:40 AM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I've heard NY wants to trade Starbury for salary relief or talent.  He wants something like 20 out of 21 million, so I'd be weighing my options if I was NY too.  Latest I heard was a possible Jermain Oneal trade, but I agree Starbury would be a great cancer to the Lakers so I'm all for it :)
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 11:25:03 AM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Regarding that possible J'o for Marbury trade! are there some specific rules for when you can trade someone who has just been traded?

If so, whats the rules regarding this issue?
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 05:20:50 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
there is no way la doesnt trade odom. they are'nt stupid. he's a chump. i'm dreading vince carter finding his way there. they get carter and forget it. it would take a herculean effort to beat them(but we do have ubuntu). marion would be a nightmare too. people that are calling these guys headcases(true) still have to reealize what a huge upgrade either would be. carter is not nearly the cancer people want him to be.he would be amazing in l.a. but with new jersey playing pretty well is this not a real possibility? how good(if at all)is a marion or carter for odom swap for jersy or miami?