24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 149916 times)

Re: Kevin O'Connor: Kyrie is "most likely to stay with Celtics"
« Reply #255 on: May 04, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

For those thinking we can somehow land Durant in a sign and trade, sign and trading for Durant hard caps the Celtics since they will most likely be at the apron. Hardcapping means most likely trading off players for salary relief and tremendously limiting our ability to sign other players.

Durant will not be on this team next year. It is a complete and total pipe dream that will not happen.

Pipe dream or not it can happen is the point. At this point with the Celtics we will have issues signing players anyway, so we might as well max out salaries and go for the home run.

« Reply #256 on: May 04, 2019, 12:27:55 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

At one point I made a trade on how the Celtics could get KD and Kyrie. Although this may sound too good to be true to some people, the main thing I wanted to demonstrate is that’s the Celtics are in position to trade for 2 max contracts. They can literally obtain anyone by offering youth and picks. We have enough salary cap on our team to match with anyone. Even if you feel like No team would like Gordy, but I’m sure that even in the state he’s still good enough to start on most teams, especially as he gets more comfortable.

If Kyrie and AD are ok this roster, they may look to add another high value asset, who really knows. All I’m saying is that’s it’s POSSIBLE. I always think back how we got KG and Ray. Even a team which just the addition of AD and the subtraction of Tatum is good, but I feel empty. I feel like we can still obtain a Beal, or Booker, or a Westbrook (if they want to blow it up we could be in position)

Or something like this if no 3rd team is involved.
http://tradenba.com/trades/SyIV2XijV
That's one of the most unrealistic trades I've seen on here and that's saying something.

Again the point was to show the flexibility the Celtics have through trades because of our salary situation. http://tradenba.com/trades/rJuZ3VojV

I can have “realistic” trades for days. End of the day all teams involved have to benefit in some way and my tases show how the Celtics alone can appease multiple teams alone.

« Reply #257 on: May 04, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For those thinking we can somehow land Durant in a sign and trade, sign and trading for Durant hard caps the Celtics since they will most likely be at the apron. Hardcapping means most likely trading off players for salary relief and tremendously limiting our ability to sign other players.

Durant will not be on this team next year. It is a complete and total pipe dream that will not happen.

Pipe dream or not it can happen is the point. At this point with the Celtics we will have issues signing players anyway, so we might as well max out salaries and go for the home run.
No it can't happen. Because the Celtics would need to basically sell off players for nothing and no, not players like Williams or Semi. I am talking like having to trade away a Smart or Tatum or Brown, sell off the draft picks and get nothing back in return and have no recourse to help the team if there are injuries.

It's impossible because Danny Ainge isn't stupid enough to do it. If you don't have a GM dumb enough to do something like that, you have no possibly of it happening.

« Reply #258 on: May 04, 2019, 01:07:47 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

No it can't happen. Because the Celtics would need to basically sell off players for nothing and no, not players like Williams or Semi. I am talking like having to trade away a Smart or Tatum or Brown, sell off the draft picks and get nothing back in return and have no recourse to help the team if there are injuries.

It's impossible because Danny Ainge isn't stupid enough to do it. If you don't have a GM dumb enough to do something like that, you have no possibly of it happening.
I mean it depends what you get man.. idk why y’all think we have to trade everything we have for 1 person....we really don’t have to do that at all and that’s the point in the trades that I post, but people like you still cannot see past it. So I’ll play a game with you, would you trade Tatum, Smart, Rozier, Mem pick for Davis?

If the answer is yes, then you are left with

Kyrie - Wanamaker
Brown -
Hayward - Morris
Davis - Theis
Horford - Time Lord

Sac pick, LAC pick, all of Bos picks.....

« Reply #259 on: May 04, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I mean literally pick any player that you want and I’ll show you how both teams would benefit and how the Celtics won’t have to get rid of all of their assets. I’ll even include the salaries if you want 🤷🏽‍♂️

« Reply #260 on: May 04, 2019, 01:13:06 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1029
I think we also forgetting the Anthony Davis father factor- he felt Ainge betrayed Isaiah Thomas and doesn't want his son to go there due to the lack of loyalty. It'll be tough to get Davis thanks to that dad factor.

But don't get me wrong, we have arguably the best package out there if Pelicans need assets/players.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #261 on: May 04, 2019, 01:20:06 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I think we also forgetting the Anthony Davis father factor- he felt Ainge betrayed Isaiah Thomas and doesn't want his son to go there due to the lack of loyalty. It'll be tough to get Davis thanks to that dad factor.

But don't get me wrong, we have arguably the best package out there if Pelicans need assets/players.

Or you’re overestimating the value of his fathers word. Lavar told the Lakers to not trade his son, you think they won’t trade him because his father told him not to? Plus Lavar is proof That’s it doesn’t matter what your parents say when you’re a grown man.

This is AD’s life and you can respect their wishes but they don’t know what’s best for him AD does. AD needs help from smart great players. If the Celtics can bring W’s to his record and he doesn’t have to drop 40/20/8 to win he will be a happy man. Simple as that.

« Reply #262 on: May 04, 2019, 01:26:28 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 382

that whole thing was just orchestrated by Lebrons Buddy to try and scare the pelicans into trading with the Lakers for their trash rather than wait until the summer when the celtics can make a legitimate offer.

it was pretty obvious how after the trade deadline passed and it became evident that the pelicans were not going to bend the knee to Lebrons will when all of a sudden the Celtics were added to AD's list of teams.

« Reply #263 on: May 04, 2019, 01:41:27 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119
At one point I made a trade on how the Celtics could get KD and Kyrie. Although this may sound too good to be true to some people, the main thing I wanted to demonstrate is that’s the Celtics are in position to trade for 2 max contracts. They can literally obtain anyone by offering youth and picks. We have enough salary cap on our team to match with anyone. Even if you feel like No team would like Gordy, but I’m sure that even in the state he’s still good enough to start on most teams, especially as he gets more comfortable.

If Kyrie and AD are ok this roster, they may look to add another high value asset, who really knows. All I’m saying is that’s it’s POSSIBLE. I always think back how we got KG and Ray. Even a team which just the addition of AD and the subtraction of Tatum is good, but I feel empty. I feel like we can still obtain a Beal, or Booker, or a Westbrook (if they want to blow it up we could be in position)

I find the notion that Gordy has to be traded nonsensical. He's the perfect compliment to AD and Kyrie, if Brad lets him play his game. Especially if we lose both Tatum and Smart/Brown

Agreed re: Hayward. Let’s also pump the brakes on the “Hayward looks soooo good now,” which I’ve heard in the media. Yeah, better than the start of the season, but Gordon was a bad man in Utah who dunked on fools and piled up and-1s. That guy is not here yet. Hopefully he’ll be much closer to that next season, and that’s as good of a “second pickup” as we could ask for if that happens. If we trade for Davis and keep Kyrie, Gordon gains some explosiveness back, that’s a team that looks really good on paper AND has defined roles.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #264 on: May 04, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

I find the notion that Gordy has to be traded nonsensical. He's the perfect compliment to AD and Kyrie, if Brad lets him play his game. Especially if we lose both Tatum and Smart/Brown

Agreed re: Hayward. Let’s also pump the brakes on the “Hayward looks soooo good now,” which I’ve heard in the media. Yeah, better than the start of the season, but Gordon was a bad man in Utah who dunked on fools and piled up and-1s. That guy is not here yet. Hopefully he’ll be much closer to that next season, and that’s as good of a “second pickup” as we could ask for if that happens. If we trade for Davis and keep Kyrie, Gordon gains some explosiveness back, that’s a team that looks really good on paper AND has defined roles.

Now I agree with y’all 1000% on this. With that being said I will also agree that either sometime next season or the season after Gordon will either be back who he was or change his playstyle a bit in order to illustrate how good he still is by playing more D, being a sharpshooter, killing people off screens or something. Whatever he ends up doing I think he will be phenomenal.

All I’m saying is the Celtics are ready NOW Gordy isn’t. There are many teams who see the same potential in Gordon and are drooling to have him because they can take that risk on him. I’m not saying the Celtics should trade him like he’s damaged goods because HE IS NOT. A year of him on Dallas with Doncic and Zinger would be more beneficial for him than being on the Celtics right now because the pressure is on him to be great NOW.

« Reply #265 on: May 04, 2019, 02:03:18 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Do you really believe in your heart that Gordon is more valuable to this club than any one of those three guys?

Gordon is sort of like whipped cream on a banana split...ok but not necessary.  At all. He's not a lights out shooter, and his decisions are not as great as people make him out to be. He's slow, can't defend well, doesn't rebound that great, is not aggressive, never comes up with loose balls...and his passes are not that clever either...just basic. And like someone else posted...hates contact.

He's just a decent player to have off the bench.  That's it...and from there he can make sure his fluffy hair is perfect.

« Reply #266 on: May 04, 2019, 02:10:13 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I mean it depends what you get man.. idk why y’all think we have to trade everything we have for 1 person....we really don’t have to do that at all and that’s the point in the trades that I post, but people like you still cannot see past it. So I’ll play a game with you, would you trade Tatum, Smart, Rozier, Mem pick for Davis?

Kyrie - Wanamaker
Brown -
Hayward - Morris
Davis - Theis
Horford - Time Lord

The trade would most likely be Tatum, Smart and Sacramento and LAC's picks. Maybe a future first rounder, not Memphis.

That works and is line with Griffin's remark of wanting a young stud with superstar potential(Tatum), a veteran role player that can help lead the youth(Smart) and picks.

That leaves

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Davis

Plus

Baynes, Williams, Semi, Yabu, Boston first rounder, MLE player, bring back Morris, a couple of veteran min players. Maybe the MLE player is Patrick Beverly and the vets are Vince Cater and Jared Dudley.

That all makes sense. It gives the team a real hierarchy on offense:

1 Davis
1A Kyrie
3 Hayward
3A Brown
5 Horford
6 Morris
Everyone else.

« Reply #267 on: May 04, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

On that team who stops anybody? Better yet, who slows anyone down?

That team will be much worse, and I can't wait for it to happen and  becomes obvious to anyone watching.

« Reply #268 on: May 04, 2019, 02:30:38 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Kyrie - Wanamaker
Brown -
Hayward - Morris
Davis - Theis
Horford - Time Lord

The trade would most likely be Tatum, Smart and Sacramento and LAC's picks. Maybe a future first rounder, not Memphis.

That works and is line with Griffin's remark of wanting a young stud with superstar potential(Tatum), a veteran role player that can help lead the youth(Smart) and picks.

That leaves

Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Horford/Davis

Plus

Baynes, Williams, Semi, Yabu, Boston first rounder, MLE player, bring back Morris, a couple of veteran min players. Maybe the MLE player is Patrick Beverly and the vets are Vince Cater and Jared Dudley.

That all makes sense. It gives the team a real hierarchy on offense:

1 Davis
1A Kyrie
3 Hayward
3A Brown
5 Horford
6 Morris
Everyone else.

You have to remember that they have their own draft pick this upcoming draft that’s higher than our own. I doubt they’d want any pick that’s outside the lottery. If they take the mem pick then they would be better on theme selves that they would
At lease be better than them. Either way it’s apples and oranges, either way it’s  just to show how we will still have assets regardless of who we trade for and I have extremely high doubts we aren’t signing any of those players for MLE.

« Reply #269 on: May 04, 2019, 02:39:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I’d love to see kyrie sign back here. As he goes, we do. The bucks have been doubling kyrie and it’s worked for them

Same here.

I'd be really bummed if Kyrie left. Replacing him will be impossible.

I've been conflicted about the AD stuff all along because of his uncertain contract status, but I am sorta at the point where I'd just go for the home run (like another poster mentioned), and go all-in for competing for banner 18 next season.

And like others have mentioned, if Paul George stayed in OKC after being a one-year rental, maybe AD will stay in Boston too.

I don't want to see Kyrie leave. I want him to be the face of our franchise for the next five seasons (hence the max contract.)