Author Topic: Trade Irving for the sake of the team  (Read 57014 times)

Re: Trade Irving for the sake of the team
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 12:43:28 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
no thanks, it's 2019 and the C's aren't rebuilding lol

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:11 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Keep Kyrie, but let him walk at the end of the year.

Sign a bigger max player after the season.

I'm really hoping he was being sarcastic. You don't have to be a cap expert to know this team is capped out even before Kyrie resigns.
No, I am pretty sure he wasn't being sarcastic. As informed as so many posters here are with understanding capology, not everyone does...and there is nothing wrong with that.

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 12:50:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Sure it is.
No it isn't at all. We have no space to sign a max FA.

I love how after a win against a below .500 team without Kyrie leads to these wacky ideas, but nobody says anything of the like when Kyrie wins us games by himself.  ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 12:51:28 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I'm really hoping he was being sarcastic. You don't have to be a cap expert to know this team is capped out even before Kyrie resigns.
No, I am pretty sure he wasn't being sarcastic. As informed as so many posters here are with understanding capology, not everyone does...and there is nothing wrong with that.

I understand capology. If you waste $140 million dollars on a small player, you have less money to spend on other players.

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 12:53:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Not sure how anyone can have that critical a take on Kyrie's defense this year. His effort has been tremendous and he is easily playing the best defense of his career this year. As a whole, he has been a pleasant surprise defensively, imo. Really not bad at all.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 12:53:17 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Sure it is.

I love how after a win against a below .500 team without Kyrie leads to these wacky ideas, but nobody says anything of the like when Kyrie wins us games by himself.  ::)

Sorry, I felt this way all along.

I would keep Kyrie until the end of this season and then let him walk.

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 12:54:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I understand capology. If you waste $140 million dollars on a small player, you have less money to spend on other players.
As potter so eloquently put it....that's not how it works.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 12:55:38 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

As potter so eloquently put it....that's not how it works.

Long term, that is exactly how it works.

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Sure it is.

Sorry, I felt this way all along.

I would keep Kyrie until the end of this season and then let him walk.
Walk for nothing with no replacement. Not something that good GMs do with superstar players

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 12:57:57 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Everyone plays better. Team defense is better. Hayward actually gets to shoot/make plays.... this team is not built for Irving and vice versa

Trade Irving for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr.

TriBoy - I could not agree more. But then, I am just the annoying guy from Tennessee who forum members think actually hates Kyrie Irving as a human being because I don't think his playing style, or his general self-centered nature, is going to lead us to any titles.

Good Luck with your idea - but you will be bombarded on here for any criticism of Sir Kyrie.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 01:01:42 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 759
Not sure how anyone can have that critical a take on Kyrie's defense this year. His effort has been tremendous and he is easily playing the best defense of his career this year. As a whole, he has been a pleasant surprise defensively, imo. Really not bad at all.

Probably true - but this group is like two different teams with Irving and without him ..................... and there is a noticeable difference in defensive effort and offensive ball movement when he does not play, whatever the reason may be. I am not talking about Christmas Day vs Philly or tonite vs a bad team. I am talking about an obvious difference in the entire look of the team on the court.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 01:03:23 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
Everyone plays better. Team defense is better. Hayward actually gets to shoot/make plays.... this team is not built for Irving and vice versa

Trade Irving for multiple 1sts and Jamal Murray or Gary Harris or Buddy Hield or Dennis Smith Jr.

TriBoy - I could not agree more. But then, I am just the annoying guy from Tennessee who forum members think actually hates Kyrie Irving as a human being because I don't think his playing style, or his general self-centered nature, is going to lead us to any titles.

Good Luck with your idea - but you will be bombarded on here for any criticism of Sir Kyrie.

Bingo. I am glad someone else gets it.
Not to mention that small players tend to get hurt a lot. Such as IT.
It is better to invest in someone like Kawi, than someone like Irving.

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 01:04:22 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I wish I knew Kyrie on the same personal level that a poster from Tennessee does. The insights into his nature are especially interesting.

Maybe he’s being bombarded because the trade ideas are unrealistic, terrible for our team, and are clearly based off one game that we won against a belen .500 team. But yeah, definitely because we feel obliged to defend a pro athletes ego online.

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 01:06:45 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Bingo. I am glad someone else gets it.
Not to mention that small players tend to get hurt a lot. Such as IT.
It is better to invest in someone like Kawi, than someone like Irving.
WE. DON’T. HAVE. THE. SPACE. TO. SIGN. A. MAX. FA.

We are able to go over the cap to extend him as we have his Bird Rights, but we can’t just do that with any FA. Do you realise why letting him walk for nothing is such a bad move now?

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 01:08:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Probably true - but this group is like two different teams with Irving and without him ..................... and there is a noticeable difference in defensive effort and offensive ball movement when he does not play, whatever the reason may be.
The ball movement stuff people that don't like Kyrie spout is pure rubbish. During the game a stat came up showing Boston making over 300 passes a game in December, up considerably from November. It resulted in the offense being the highest scoring amount in the league in December. Kyrie missed only one December game while leading the team in assists at 7.2 per game. This season's lack of ball movement was a team thing, earlier this year, not a Kyrie thing.