Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 251281 times)

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I hate to say it, but there are a lot of racist sounding posts in this thread. I expect better from Celticsblog.

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
We are talking about practice, not a game, not a game, but practice...

On a serious note, this has to be handled in its roots. Fine him, talk to him, whatever, no other way
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
I hate to say it, but there are a lot of racist sounding posts in this thread. I expect better from Celticsblog.

I find many of the reactions here exaggerated, but what makes you think they would be any different if Williams was white or Asian?

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25589
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Point to one?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I suppose you could make the case that the soft bigotry of low expectations is well represented, but it seems far more age based than race based

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He dropped to us for a reason, could these kind of things be the maturity issues, we have all read about.  I think he will be fine.

We are talking about practice, not a game, not a game, but practice...

Yep, said by a guy who never won a championship perhaps if he practiced more....

This has substance abuse all over it.

He is 20 years old.   I wonder how many of us missed a bus or screwed up when we were 20 years old.  You could be right, but maturity issues could be it, too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:48:52 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm getting a bad feeling about this kid not sure he's going to make it in the NBA. Does he have depression issues?

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The so called 'Green Teamers' (that term cracks me up) will say 'oh it doesn't matter...he'll still be great!'.

Felger, is that you ;) ::) ;D?

TP

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I suppose you could make the case that the soft bigotry of low expectations is well represented, but it seems far more age based than race based

News flash, most NBA players, esp young ones "party". They are famous for hitting clubs cruising for women. Remember Pierce was out partying when he was stabbed.

Some can handle it some can't. I have a feeling RW3 just needs to lay off College Station for awhile..

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

News flash, most NBA players, esp young ones "party". They are famous for hitting clubs cruising for women. Remember Pierce was out partying when he was stabbed.

Some can handle it some can't. I have a feeling RW3 just needs to lay off College Station for awhile..

This is true, but you’re fair game for criticism if you can’t handle it. He’s had three team events and he’s missed two of them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

This is true, but you’re fair game for criticism if you can’t handle it. He’s had three team events and he’s missed two of them.

And this after skipping the combine, doing only limited workouts, and falling 10-15 spots lower than he thought he would go.  You would hope a player would feel snubbed and set out to prove people wrong, but so far he’s proven about a dozen teams correct.

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
This also has girlfriend all over it.I posted earlier it was up to organization and teammates to watch over a 20 year old from small town and immature.How did he miss new workout regime, get back to campus without anyone noticing.Boston can be quite intimidating at first.Jason has his mother in the same building.
Is he another James Young or will he pull a Fultz and forget how to jump.
I'm calling  your mother that seems what he needs-
I can't imagine the sabotage that can be in this kid,the pressure and fear of failure.
Just get this kid sorted and on the court with a routine
Call it a minder till he gets acclimated-he is in a foreign country and under a microscope

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

And this after skipping the combine, doing only limited workouts, and falling 10-15 spots lower than he thought he would go.  You would hope a player would feel snubbed and set out to prove people wrong, but so far he’s proven about a dozen teams correct.

Yeah, I like guys who have a chip on their shoulder.  Pierce felt snubbed falling to #10 due to unfair criticism, and it motivated him for years.

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Partying is not the issue.  Being irresponsible, regardless of age, is the problem.

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
I hope he understands that this type of behavior can kill his NBA career before it even starts. Let's hope it isn't a regular thing.