Author Topic: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba  (Read 15633 times)

Re: According to Sporting News, Cs want to move up for Bamba
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Unless you think Bamba is going to be an Anthony Davis / KAT type big man (i.e. can lots of things on both ends), I don't see how you could ever countenance trading a versatile wing talent like Jaylen Brown for a big man prospect.
Nobody thinks that.  They think he's Rudy Gobert.  Would you trade Brown for Gobert?
Gobert in his prime, probably, Gobert as a rookie with no idea where he ends up professionally, probably not.
I get this viewpoint on risk assessment.  I'd give these odds and I'd take the risk, but I get that we aren't in a position where we need to take risks.

5% - Bamba is Olajuwon defensively
25% - Bamba becomes Gobert
40% - Bamba is a serviceable role player
30% - Greg Oden

Barring injury, I don't see how he misses.
This is soo unbelievably generous to Mo Bamba
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2018, 03:04:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Source: I bet it was from someone from Nets org

trying to upset Brown and cause drama in Celts org

« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2018, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
If Danny and Stevens is that high on Bamba(i'm very high on him)

Then i am in for Brown + picks for Bamba

I'm scared to have Jeff Green 2.0 as our future max star, just too inconsistent

On the other hand Wingspan won't betray you

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2018, 03:10:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

But he does have some Antoine Walker in his blood.  Should be taking it to basket/mid range 70 percent of the time and shooting the three 30 percent....but instead it is flipped.  And he is not a pure shooter

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Honestly, wouldnt Brown alone get you a top 5 pick.  Danny would probably want something else.   brown straight up for bamba is an overpay.

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2018, 03:15:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

aside from an earlier assertion on brown being "inconsistent", i dont see how he has gotten that label here? first, please define inconsistent. second, explain why a 21 year old can not grow/learn out of it...if it does occur.

during the playoffs, brown played 18 games and score less than 11 points twice.

during the playoffs, tatum played 19 games and score less than 11 points twice.

would someone please provide evidence of inconsistency that cannot/will not be remedied by brown before we plunge off the deep end of worry and hyperbole?  ::)

next, wingspan can lie, as can all statistics when left in isolation from other factors.

yabusele = 7'1"
ben simmons = 7'0"
zizic = 7'0"

wingspan is soooooooooo similar. basketball level, not so much.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

But he does have some Antoine Walker in his blood.  Should be taking it to basket/mid range 70 percent of the time and shooting the three 30 percent....but instead it is flipped.  And he is not a pure shooter
I'm serious
He got hot one game and cold another, just like Jeff Green

When he is hot he plays like star-superstar, but when cold he can't really do anything..
If our goal is contending year in and year out we will guys that can perform night in and night out

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2018, 03:19:28 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

aside from an earlier assertion on brown being "inconsistent", i dont see how he has gotten that label here? first, please define inconsistent. second, explain why a 21 year old can not grow/learn out of it...if it does occur.

would someone please provide evidence of inconsistency that cannot/will not be remedied by brown before we plunge off the deep end of worry and hyperbole?  ::)

Dude, the ship has sailed on Brown. He's old enough to legally drink now, our only choice is to trade him for an okay prospect.

Sure, Brown looks like an up-and-coming future all star. But Bamba could be anything, even an up-and-coming future all star!
I'm bitter.

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2018, 03:22:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja

Dude, the ship has sailed on Brown. He's old enough to legally drink now, our only choice is to trade him for an okay prospect.

Sure, Brown looks like an up-and-coming future all star. But Bamba could be anything, even an up-and-coming future all star!
he could even be a boat!!!!  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKZJdaiJF84

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2018, 03:22:07 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

I'm serious

When he is hot he plays like star-superstar, but when cold he can't really do anything..
If our goal is contending year in and year out we will guys that can perform night in and night out
He's a raw 21 year old.

Most of those guys are inconsistent. That doesn't mean he's Jeff green 2.0. Jayson Tatum was also inconsistent. Bad game 6, great game 7. Should we pencil him in as Jeff Green 2.0?

He's young and he's raw and improving at a torrid pace(Jeff green literally never improved his entire career) he's already a better defender and 3 point shooter than green ever was.

This comparison is almost as pea brained as the criticism someone made yesterday that's brown had interests outside of basketball. Just absurd.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2018, 03:24:17 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

I'm serious

You have a really high opinion of Jeff Green. He was more like "one good game, ten bad ones". Expecting any player (especially a 21 year old) to be on every single night is ridiculous
I'm bitter.

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Brown is no Jeff Green

you guys serious?

I'm serious

He's a raw 21 year old.

Most of those guys are inconsistent. That doesn't mean he's Jeff green 2.0. Jayson Tatum was also inconsistent. Bad game 6, great game 7. Should we pencil him in as Jeff Green 2.0?

He's young and he's raw and improving at a torrid pace(Jeff green literally never improved his entire career) he's already a better defender and 3 point shooter than green ever was.

This comparison is almost as pea brained as the criticism someone made yesterday that's brown had interests outside of basketball. Just absurd.

Tatum went 7 for 13 in game 6.  How did he have a bad game?

he wasn't aggressive enough that game was the small issue

« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2018, 03:26:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bamba could be a good target and be some of what we need. No way Danny trades any of our core talent for him but we have assets and teams sometimes do things you would never guess and Danny preys on them! ;)

« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »

Offline PickNRoll

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 199
Unless you think Bamba is going to be an Anthony Davis / KAT type big man (i.e. can lots of things on both ends), I don't see how you could ever countenance trading a versatile wing talent like Jaylen Brown for a big man prospect.
Nobody thinks that.  They think he's Rudy Gobert.  Would you trade Brown for Gobert?
Gobert in his prime, probably, Gobert as a rookie with no idea where he ends up professionally, probably not.
I get this viewpoint on risk assessment.  I'd give these odds and I'd take the risk, but I get that we aren't in a position where we need to take risks.

5% - Bamba is Olajuwon defensively
25% - Bamba becomes Gobert
40% - Bamba is a serviceable role player
30% - Greg Oden

Barring injury, I don't see how he misses.
This is soo unbelievably generous to Mo Bamba
He's a consensus top 3 pick.  Here are historical expectations for top 3 picks over a 20 year sample:

http://www.82games.com/nbadraftpicks.htm

I assigned 30% bust rate and 40% role player.  If anything I was extremely conservative.

« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2018, 03:30:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Sources told Sporting News that Boston has expressed interest in Bamba, including interviewing him at the Chicago pre-draft combine two weeks ago. Bamba measured in with a record wingspan of 7-10 in Chicago, reinforcing his status as the most ready-made rim protector in the draft. The Celtics have the No. 27 pick, but they have multiple assets on hand that could help them move into the top five of the draft, where the Grizzlies (No. 4) and Mavericks (No. 5) have made it clear they’re willing to make a deal.

Not sure who this guys source is or is making this up....but this part does make sense

Grizzlies can't afford to have another disaster season and Mavericks are desperate to get back into the playoff picture