Author Topic: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads  (Read 25227 times)

Re: You have to read this Bryan Colangelo fake Twitter accounts report
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Sixers fan on Twitter found his wife's phone number which ends in 91 lol.

https://twitter.com/legsanity/status/1001986216395464704

I looked at this Tweet but don't understand as to its significance, so, what am I missing, here?

Phone number linked to 3 of the 5 burner accounts reportedly ends in 91. Last two numbers of phone number were shown when people tried to reset the twitter burner account passwords

« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2018, 10:18:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I looked at this Tweet but don't understand as to its significance, so, what am I missing, here?
Well I think it was 3 of the accounts which had been linked to a phone number ending in 91, found via the password recovery. That her number ends in 91 is a little bit of a coincidence ;D

Edit: oops, poster above beat me to it!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2018, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You can technically register a twitter account with any email and phone number, even one that isn't your own

You just won't be able to retrieve the password if you forget it

Although I don't think it's likely, Its still possible someone framed his wife. You never know, high profile people have  enemies and stalkers. The problem is that BC already admitted one of the accounts was his, and the other accounts apparently wrote similarly to the confirmed account

« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2018, 10:22:27 PM »

Offline Larry for 3

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Believe in Boston
You can technically register a twitter account with any email and phone number, even one that isn't your own

Although I don't think it's likely, Its still possible someone framed his wife. You never know, high profile people have  enemies and stalkers

Sure I also might have tonight’s lotto numbers too, remember Anything’s possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"They forgot about Larry Bird"--- Danny Ainge, 1987

"What happened to the Lakers??!!"--- Wyc Grousbeck, 6/17/08

« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Although I don't think it's likely, Its still possible someone framed his wife. You never know, high profile people have  enemies and stalkers. The problem is that BC already admitted one of the accounts was his, and the other accounts apparently wrote similarly to the confirmed account
Wrote similarly and followed many of the same people, with weird links to BC. Like some guy in Toronto who calls BC a mentor-figure, or so I've read.

Either way, it's hilariously [dang]ing

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2018, 10:52:33 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

Not only that, but the three accounts not mentioned to Philly's rep were set to private 15-20 minutes after Colangelo was asked about two other accounts.

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2018, 10:54:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Phone number linked to 3 of the 5 burner accounts reportedly ends in 91. Last two numbers of phone number were shown when people tried to reset the twitter burner account passwords

So wait, like, is she somehow involved in this in any way, as to be honest I was more focused on the oddity pertaining to the username of @legsanity, lol ;D. #NeverSkipLegDay #ReppedBrah ;D

« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
apparently the Eric, Jr. account was live tweeting while Colangelo was giving a live press conference in Miami.  Obviously he didn't tweet those.  Still doesn't mean it wasn't his account or his wife's account, but probably gets him off the hook for some tweets.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Either way, it's hilariously [dang]ing

I love how it came out right before the Finals. It's more interesting than GSW crushing the Cavs.

« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:40 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 293
Maybe we're thinking about this all wrong. Maybe Bryan Colangelo was just a burner GM for the people who were really behind these twitter accounts.

« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2018, 07:44:02 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
https://sports.yahoo.com/stand-76ers-president-bryan-colangelos-alleged-burner-accounts-202045712.html

The Five Burners
Within hours of Colangelo learning that The Ringer had discovered his burner account, suspected burner accounts users @Honesta34197118, @Enoughunkownso1 and @s_bonhams also turned private. The fifth alleged burner account, @AlVic40117560, remains public but has not tweeted since July 2017.

Since the public airing of all five accounts, astute Twitter users have scoured the accounts for any bit of info that might advance the story. @ttp316 used Twitter birthdays to reveal that all five alleged burner accounts were created in the immediate aftermath of stories about Colangelo, Hinkie or both:

• @AlVic40117560 was launched one day after the Philadelphia Inquirer reported that NBA commissioner Adam Silver introduced Sixers ownership to Jerry and Bryan Colangelo, whose arrival led to Hinkie’s resignation and some controversy about the league’s interference with The Process.

• @Phila1234567 was created when The Sixer Sense published an article praising Hinkie’s success drafting in the second round and raising questions about Colangelo’s decision to trade one of those assets (Jerami Grant) for a veteran (Ersan Ilyasova) during a rebuild that should value young players.

• @s_bonhams was launched on the same day the Inquirer reported that Ben Simmons had suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken bone in his foot, a revelation that was likely to cost him his entire rookie season, all amid criticism that Colangelo was less than transparent about injuries.

• @Enoughunkownso1 was created on the day Okafor told reporters that Colangelo had “waited too long” to get value in return for him in a trade and subsequently denied his request for a buyout.

• @HonestA34197118 was launched the day after Okafor was finally traded to the Brooklyn Nets, a deal that was panned locally because Colangelo also included a pick for a player they would soon release.

Even more bizarre is the article mentions disqus accounts which look suspicious, including one named Al Vic (same name as Eric Jr's twitter handle).

« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2018, 08:26:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 381
I still feel like even if the sixers get a PG13 they will still be our little brothers because getting back Kyrie/Hayward should offset that.

I'm still skeptical you can build a championship team around a point guard who cant shoot (in simmons) and an injury prone back to the basket center.

« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2018, 08:43:21 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
https://sports.yahoo.com/stand-76ers-president-bryan-colangelos-alleged-burner-accounts-202045712.html

The Five Burners
Within hours of Colangelo learning that The Ringer had discovered his burner account, suspected burner accounts users @Honesta34197118, @Enoughunkownso1 and @s_bonhams also turned private. The fifth alleged burner account, @AlVic40117560, remains public but has not tweeted since July 2017.

Since the public airing of all five accounts, astute Twitter users have scoured the accounts for any bit of info that might advance the story. @ttp316 used Twitter birthdays to reveal that all five alleged burner accounts were created in the immediate aftermath of stories about Colangelo, Hinkie or both:

• @AlVic40117560 was launched one day after the Philadelphia Inquirer reported that NBA commissioner Adam Silver introduced Sixers ownership to Jerry and Bryan Colangelo, whose arrival led to Hinkie’s resignation and some controversy about the league’s interference with The Process.

• @Phila1234567 was created when The Sixer Sense published an article praising Hinkie’s success drafting in the second round and raising questions about Colangelo’s decision to trade one of those assets (Jerami Grant) for a veteran (Ersan Ilyasova) during a rebuild that should value young players.

• @s_bonhams was launched on the same day the Inquirer reported that Ben Simmons had suffered a setback in his recovery from a broken bone in his foot, a revelation that was likely to cost him his entire rookie season, all amid criticism that Colangelo was less than transparent about injuries.

• @Enoughunkownso1 was created on the day Okafor told reporters that Colangelo had “waited too long” to get value in return for him in a trade and subsequently denied his request for a buyout.

• @HonestA34197118 was launched the day after Okafor was finally traded to the Brooklyn Nets, a deal that was panned locally because Colangelo also included a pick for a player they would soon release.

Even more bizarre is the article mentions disqus accounts which look suspicious, including one named Al Vic (same name as Eric Jr's twitter handle).

this is the only account i really post on. I can half follow a few other forums. The idea that he followed 4-6 different platforms closely with multiple handles while running an NBA franchise (or his wife did for that matter) seems a bit silly.

« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2018, 01:22:46 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2018, 01:24:25 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach