Assuming we resign Smart for 10 million per year this summer, here is a projection of our payroll in 2019-2020.
1. Hayward $32,700,690
2. Kyrie $32,400,000 (cap projected to be $108 million, 8-year veteran --> 30% of the cap)
3. Horford $30,123,015
4. Smart let's say $10,000,000
5. Tatum $7,830,000
6. Brown $6,534,829
7. #27 pick $1,920,960
8. Ojeleye $1,618,520
9. Kings 2019 pick : since we got both Brown and Tatum at #3, let's assume we end up with #3 once again
I'm not including Yabu and Nader cause, well, they suck. Hopefully, they won't be here by then.
Not including other future picks either (Clips, Grizzlies, our own pick in 2019). Let's just assume we fill out the rest of the roster with vet minimum guys and a couple of MLE guys as well.
10. $8,568,000 (Non-Taxpayer MLE in 2018-19)
11. $5,659,000 (Taxpayer MLE in 2019-20)
12. vet min $1,603,638
13. vet min $1,603,638
14. vet min $1,603,638
15. Rozier ? ? ? ? ?
Demetrius Jackson $92,857
SUM: $150,016,785 !!!!!!!!!!
That's without counting Rozier's salary. To put it another way, it seems that we cannot keep both Smart and Rozier. The thing is, with the emergence of scary Terry, people are wondering whether we should trade Kyrie instead. So here's my question:
Rozier - Smart - Kyrie. One of them has to go. Who's the odd man out?
For what it's worth, my plan would be to trade Rozier (+ Yabu? + pick(s)?) on draft night for the highest pick I could possibly get.