Poll

How confident you feel;  Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?

No Problem; Very confident
16 (11.7%)
Looks very possible; Mostly confident
60 (43.8%)
Unlikely; Not very confident
54 (39.4%)
We are going to get creamed; Not a chance
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?  (Read 9928 times)

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Perhaps I am getting a bit ahead of myself; but things are taking shape and a 2nd round featuring Philly vs Cs is looking very likely.

So How confident are you Cs can beat Philly.

Philly have all their pieces, depth, good defense, have lots of talent in complementary players.  Not to forget that they are firing at all cylinders.  I think It will be hard keeping up with Philly scoring.

so my vote goes to "Not a chance"

....What say you??...

Re: POLL: How confident do you feel; Cs beat Philly in 2nd round?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Kyrie or no Kyrie, this isn't the year to be scared of Philly in the playoffs. Next year they'll be a very tough out, but this is the first run for all their top guys; a vet team that plays smart will grind them down, make them execute in the half court and gum up their drive and kick game. I think there's a great chance that'll be us.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:25:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I'm confident. I'm still not sure they get past the heat to be honest

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:27:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Philly has been playing very well for a while now.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
How about we beat the Bucks first?

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Firstly, that series is far from over. It has 7 games written all over it, and I still think it is a toss-up, though I’m less confident in Miami with Embiid back and Miami’s D being so inconsistent.

Secondly, I’m fairly confident that we handle either of those teams in the second round, as our elite defense matches up very well with both teams. The 76ers only real chance of winning is hitting a high percentage of their threes, which we are the best in the league at defending. Further, Philly’s turnover-happy style of play bodes well for our defense that excels (especially in the playoffs) with capitalizing on those mistakes.

Boston in 5 over Miami and 6 over Philly (unless we somehow suffer yet another injury).

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'm somewhat confident. I think our wing defenders are much better than the Heat's and guys like Bellinelli and Ilyasova shouldn't be a problem. Horford has proven that he can match-up with Embiid and who doesn't want to see Tatum and Simmons go at it?

If both Philly and the Cs get to the 2nd round, I will consider it an embarrassment for them if they don't win. They are completely healthy with a couple of meaningful late season vet minimum pick-ups and we are missing our two best players. Add Kyrie and Hayward to the Cs and take away Embiid and Simmons from Philly and see how the series goes.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:03:02 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Let's win a road game or two in MIL first.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 12:31:52 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
This post is bad juju. We haven't even won a road game yet and Philly was a quarter away from going down 2-1 last night. Let's get through the rounds and not anger the basketball gods :)

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This post is bad juju. We haven't even won a road game yet and Philly was a quarter away from going down 2-1 last night. Let's get through the rounds and not anger the basketball gods :)

Agreed.

Anyway, where I'm at with this Celts team is I think they have the ballsy-shotmakers and defense to be competitive against anybody outside of Golden State or Houston, but the state of the roster due to injuries is such that they could get cold and lose two or three games in a row to any opponent.

I think the odds are against the Celts making it past the second round if they get there, whoever the opponent is, but I wouldn't rule it out.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
First, let's try to eliminate Bucks. We still have looong way to consider it done.

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 01:31:23 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Getting Smart back would be a huge plus, but the difference here is, while the Bucks primarily only have Giannis really, the Sixers have Embiid AND Simmons (plus some saavy veterans like Reddick, Belinelli).

I'm somewhat optimistic but truthfully don't like our chances. I'd think PHI in 6.

But yeah, PHI and BOS both still have LONG ways to go in their first round series. Lets pump the brakes a bit. If the C's win tonight though, I'll be ready to talk next round a little more.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 01:33:01 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
The way the media talks about Philly, one would think they are the defending champs. I don't buy it. I say Celtics in 5 or 6

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2018, 02:16:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Perhaps I am getting a bit ahead of myself; but things are taking shape and a 2nd round featuring Philly vs Cs is looking very likely.

So How confident are you Cs can beat Philly.

Philly have all their pieces, depth, good defense, have lots of talent in complementary players.  Not to forget that they are firing at all cylinders.  I think It will be hard keeping up with Philly scoring.

so my vote goes to "Not a chance"

....What say you??...

I say perhaps you are getting a bit ahead of yourself.

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2018, 02:32:26 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I am focused on the bucks but if The C's do beat the bucks and Philly is the opponent then I feel confident that the Bucks set the C's up better then any other team to play Philly.  Middleton and Giannis will prepare them to face Embiid and Simmons.  You know both players will get their so shut down the role players and do your job on the offensive side of the ball and the C's win.  Plus having home court helps.