Author Topic: Celtics draft picks vs. 76'ers last 4 years  (Read 644 times)

Celtics draft picks vs. 76'ers last 4 years
« on: May 06, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
so much is made of the sixers "process" and I realize its hard to duplicate what the celtics did because they were able to rob a team of lottery picks for ageing veterans. But, behind that is the picks they actually made in those 4 years. and the celtics have had much better drafts. Lets look at the last 4 years head to head.

2014 - Embiid vs. Smart - sixers win this draft as embiid has become a star. However Smart has developed into a solid role player.

2015 - Okafor vs. Terry Rozier - Clear win for the celtics as Okafor is no longer on the team and Terry rozier is scoring 20+ppg in the playoffs.

2016 - Ben simmons vs. Jaylen Brown - You could possibly call this a tie or slight edge to the sixers. Both have developed to be starters on their teams. Brown is a better offensive/defensive player.

2017 - Fultz vs. Tatum - another clear win for the celtics as Fultz cant find the floor while Tatum is scoring 20+ppg as a top 3 option.

while the draft is an imperfect process. I think the celtics have had better drafts than the sixers "process"

Re: Celtics draft picks vs. 76'ers last 4 years
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
You can add 2012 too. Olynyk (#13) is a better player than Noel (#6). 

The funny thing the Sixers had higher picks in the draft. They really messed up by not trying to equate fit into their selections. I know everyone loves BPA, but fit is often overlooked when trying to build a team. For example, can Simmons and Embiid play together in halfcourt sets? What happens when you add the non-shooting Fultz to that mix? Let's not even talk about drafting 3 straight centers.