Author Topic: Mock Trade Deadline  (Read 49768 times)

Re: Mock Trade Dealine
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Surprise Lakers still out there

I was thinking about LAL since I also have a decent amount of Lakers friends, but it would be so complicated since there are so many different things they could do and this is my first time doing this  :P
I'd do them if you want the Hornets, but they are probably just as complicated.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 03:53:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Surprise Lakers still out there

I was thinking about LAL since I also have a decent amount of Lakers friends, but it would be so complicated since there are so many different things they could do and this is my first time doing this  :P
I'd do them if you want the Hornets, but they are probably just as complicated.

Well I'm doing the Knicks and honestly have no clue what their direction is (rebuild? Small trades? Blockbuster like Kemba?)  :P

We'll see what happens Saturday.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
15 teams left!

It will end at the regular trade deadline. ANY ACTUAL TRADES MADE BY ACTUAL TEAMS AFTER OUR STARTING TIME WILL NOT BE PART OF THIS COMPETITION.

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 04:11:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
15 teams left!

It will end at the regular trade deadline. ANY ACTUAL TRADES MADE BY ACTUAL TEAMS AFTER OUR STARTING TIME WILL NOT BE PART OF THIS COMPETITION.

Oh, so it’s like 10 days long?

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »

• Paul Silas
15 teams left!

Oh, so it’s like 10 days long?

Yeah. I'm open to changing that, but I think that's what we did last time. Some people are pretty busy. Giving it a week or so allows people to negotiate without taking away from the rest of their life.

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2018, 05:40:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'll take Orlando.

How do we negotiate? Using celticsblog PM's?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2018, 06:06:21 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'll take Orlando.

And can trades be altered?

Like if a trade is agreed, can you then trade that acquired player again to another team in another trade (in real life you'd immediately call another GM, we need more time)?

And with more than 4 teams involved it's not possible to show it in the trade machine.

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

• Paul Silas
I'll take Orlando.

Like if a trade is agreed, can you then trade that acquired player again to another team in another trade (in real life you'd immediately call another GM, we need more time)?

And with more than 4 teams involved it's not possible to show it in the trade machine.

Negotiate using PMs. Any trade announcement made is final and cannot be amended. However, it is possible that the media catches wind of a trade in need of a possible third (or fourth) team to facilitate. Those should be announced as rumors. BE CAREFUL WITH RUMORS. SOMEONE MIGHT COME IN AND OUTBID YOU FOR YOUR PART IN THE TRADE.

To be clear -- Trade announcement is a final trade. Trade rumor is not final, but is a leaked story from the "media" to try to leverage into more assets or move a player to a 3rd team.

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2018, 07:04:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'll take Orlando.

Negotiate using PMs. Any trade announcement made is final and cannot be amended. However, it is possible that the media catches wind of a trade in need of a possible third (or fourth) team to facilitate. Those should be announced as rumors. BE CAREFUL WITH RUMORS. SOMEONE MIGHT COME IN AND OUTBID YOU FOR YOUR PART IN THE TRADE.

To be clear -- Trade announcement is a final trade. Trade rumor is not final, but is a leaked story from the "media" to try to leverage into more assets or move a player to a 3rd team.

Where are these rumors announced?

And I'm not sure the question was answered, if you make a trade can you then trade that player to another team in a separate deal?
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2018, 07:15:30 PM »

• Paul Silas
I'll take Orlando.

And I'm not sure the question was answered, if you make a trade can you then trade that player to another team in a separate deal?

On this same topic. Sorry any confusion.

I think the NBA rule is that you can trade them again if you were under the cap when you received them in a trade. Is that correct saltlover?

We will follow what the CBA expert says.

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 07:43:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Do we use this thread as a trade block, or just pursue through PM?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 07:44:40 PM »

• Paul Silas

You can post who is on your trade block on here.

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Awesome.

Listening to offers on everyone, but Gortat, Beal and Scott are on the block
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I'll take Orlando.

On this same topic. Sorry any confusion.

I think the NBA rule is that you can trade them again if you were under the cap when you received them in a trade. Is that correct saltlover?

We will follow what the CBA expert says.

Need to have everyone post their updated roster in conjunction with any posted trades, too.

Do you have a running list of what teams are left and who owns which team so far?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw it in the OP. When is the timeline for this again?

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2018, 07:51:11 PM »

• Paul Silas

Awesome.

Listening to offers on everyone, but Gortat, Beal and Scott are on the block

Not starting yet! I'll announce when we are starting. Don't want anyone who hasn't claimed a team to be at a disadvantage.

jpotter - I'm hoping to fill out the rest of the teams tonight. Recruit some people to participate. I think we have 14 left. We will start no later than Saturday at 7 eastern, and sooner if we can get all the teams taken before then.