Poll

Guess: Who Is Lebron Playing For After This Season?

Cleveland Cavaliers (He Stays)
33 (30.6%)
Houston Rockets
13 (12%)
Los Angeles Clippers
3 (2.8%)
Los Angeles Lakers
32 (29.6%)
New York Knicks
4 (3.7%)
Boston Celtics (Hey... Who Knows)
4 (3.7%)
Philadelphia 76ers
9 (8.3%)
Milwaukee Bucks
1 (0.9%)
San Antonio Spurs
6 (5.6%)
Other Team (Comment Below!)
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?  (Read 49731 times)

Re: Are We Doomed If Lebron Joins The Philadelphia 76ers Next Summer?
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2018, 09:00:22 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Embiid recent comments suggest they don’t need Lebron. I really doubt Simmons wants him there.
Which really doesn't matter.  If Lebron expresses an interest in going to the Sixers, their ownership and management aren't going to turn him down.  A lot of Sixers fans would be up in arms if they did.

Not necessarily true. Would GSW management sign Lebron if he wanted to go there? Would Boston Celtics management sign him?  Highly doubtful, because of existing team dynamics. I think the same about Philly. First of all, I don’t think he’s a good fit there personnel-wise. Secondly, I don’t think they need him. They’ve got their Lebron James. His name is Ben Simmons.
Golden State would absolutely sign Lebron if it didn't cost them any of their big 4 to do it.  Frankly, the Celtics might as well, even with Irving.  It would mean Irving might very well leave, but if it didn't cost Boston anything to sign him, then I absolutely could see Boston signing him.  After all the goal is to win titles and James absolutely helps with that.

Yeah, i agree. If it was feasible to sign Lebron, we’d do it, even if it meant having to trade Kyrie.

Lebron brings some issues with him, but on the court he’s close to the perfect player.

Assume you trade Kyrie for Kawhi.

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

There’s 0% chance that management says no to that. Unfortunately, we have no way of obtaining him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2018, 09:04:19 AM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Embiid recent comments suggest they don’t need Lebron. I really doubt Simmons wants him there.
Which really doesn't matter.  If Lebron expresses an interest in going to the Sixers, their ownership and management aren't going to turn him down.  A lot of Sixers fans would be up in arms if they did.

Not necessarily true. Would GSW management sign Lebron if he wanted to go there? Would Boston Celtics management sign him?  Highly doubtful, because of existing team dynamics. I think the same about Philly. First of all, I don’t think he’s a good fit there personnel-wise. Secondly, I don’t think they need him. They’ve got their Lebron James. His name is Ben Simmons.
Golden State would absolutely sign Lebron if it didn't cost them any of their big 4 to do it.  Frankly, the Celtics might as well, even with Irving.  It would mean Irving might very well leave, but if it didn't cost Boston anything to sign him, then I absolutely could see Boston signing him.  After all the goal is to win titles and James absolutely helps with that.

Yeah, i agree. If it was feasible to sign Lebron, we’d do it, even if it meant having to trade Kyrie.

Lebron brings some issues with him, but on the court he’s close to the perfect player.

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

There’s 0% chance that management says no to that. Unfortunately, we have no way of obtaining him.

No question Cs management would do it presuming they don’t have to dilute the team to do so. Cs would have 4 or 5 Finals appearances over the next 5 years. LBJ could play 30mpg preserving him for the playoffs and preserving his career.

« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2018, 09:08:25 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

I'd much, much rather have KI then LBJ. The age difference and shooting does it.
We are the Celtics, we look to dominate until the 2030s arrive and nowadays an older LeBron James isn't on our timeline, let alone five years in advance.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Agree to disagree. Irving would demand a trade. He’s 26. Lebron is 33. One of the major factors in the Irving trade was creating a bridge between our youth and guys like Al and Hayward.

I believe GS core would be prone to so much criticism that it would never happen. Particularly if they win again this season. Maybe my view (and theirs) changes if they lose.

« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
He will stay at Cleveland..he know what happen  last time when he left..he dont want Cleveland hate him forever if he leaves again..plus cavs will do what ever he say
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2018, 09:56:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

what about trading Irving (and salary filler) for James?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #231 on: April 24, 2018, 09:58:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I'd much, much rather have KI then LBJ. The age difference and shooting does it.
We are the Celtics, we look to dominate until the 2030s arrive and nowadays an older LeBron James isn't on our timeline, let alone five years in advance.
Irving is injured again.  This is what his 5th leg injury.  There is a chance that James actually is better player than Irving every single year they are in the league together. 

« Reply #232 on: April 24, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Irving is injured again.  This is what his 5th leg injury.  There is a chance that James actually is better player than Irving every single year they are in the league together.

There's also a chance Lebron falls off a cliff soon, due to his advanced age and overuse.

There's a chance that he doesn't get out of the first round, too. In large part because he no longer has Kyrie.

« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2018, 10:06:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

There's also a chance Lebron falls off a cliff soon, due to his advanced age and overuse.

There's a chance that he doesn't get out of the first round, too. In large part because he no longer has Kyrie.
Sure, and Boston has a good chance to get out of the 1st round without Irving.  I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

If I was placing odds on who is more likely to fall of a cliff, it would be the guy that is currently injured and that has missed at least 10 games in 6 of his 7 seasons as a result of consistent injuries. 

« Reply #234 on: April 24, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

If memory serves me correctly, you were a big proponent of trading Brown plus other assets (Rozier, Smart??) for Jimmy Butler/Paul George.  I only bring this up not because it was a bad idea (although I think it was), but because it represents an impatience among a certain segment on this board who are always trying to create rosters that can compete for a 2-3 year window at the expense of building up longer term, to compete over a much longer period (8-10 years).  I appreciate more the sentiment of putting a bet on the growth of your top picks like Brown and Tatum, and yes, your 26 year old PG, Kyrie Irving.  Not saying that we should never make a trade. E.g., I favored the Kyrie trade, but that was because we got the best player and we got a lot younger.  I would have been interested in Lebron 3-4 years ago, but not anymore.  I still think he is great, just that I think he is too ball dominant for a Brad Stevens team, and he is too old for what we are building here with the Boston Celtics.

« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2018, 10:14:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Sure, and Boston has a good chance to get out of the 1st round without Irving.  I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

If I was placing odds on who is more likely to fall of a cliff, it would be the guy that is currently injured and that has missed at least 10 games in 6 of his 7 seasons as a result of consistent injuries.

Happy to re-visit this prediction over the next 2-5 years to see which one of us is right.  I'm sure you'll remind me if you are, and likewise!

« Reply #236 on: April 24, 2018, 11:09:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
apparently nobody thinks Bron stays in Cleveland ... ;D

« Reply #237 on: April 24, 2018, 11:29:31 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

If memory serves me correctly, you were a big proponent of trading Brown plus other assets (Rozier, Smart??) for Jimmy Butler/Paul George.  I only bring this up not because it was a bad idea (although I think it was), but because it represents an impatience among a certain segment on this board who are always trying to create rosters that can compete for a 2-3 year window at the expense of building up longer term, to compete over a much longer period (8-10 years).  I appreciate more the sentiment of putting a bet on the growth of your top picks like Brown and Tatum, and yes, your 26 year old PG, Kyrie Irving.  Not saying that we should never make a trade. E.g., I favored the Kyrie trade, but that was because we got the best player and we got a lot younger.  I would have been interested in Lebron 3-4 years ago, but not anymore.  I still think he is great, just that I think he is too ball dominant for a Brad Stevens team, and he is too old for what we are building here with the Boston Celtics.

Abut this Lebron/Celtics things. Adding him would of course make us a better team and if Ainge could do it I'm sure he would. But I wouldn't. You see as fun as winning is you have to be able to enjoy the team, and Lebron is just such a winy little diva who I've spent so long hating that I just dont want him. I dont care if he comes here to play for free. I want to beat him, not join him. When hes on a team it becomes all about Lebrn, about how many chips LeBron has, nope. Stay away.

And secondly, continuing that sentiment I want to keep the young guys As awesome as it is adding vets and winning theres something about drafting a guy and having him for 15 years and watching him win and get all star games and rack up records. I am too young to remember early pierce, and we haven't had a guy that good since. I want t see Brown/Tatum become that. Keep the youth!

« Reply #238 on: April 24, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Happy to re-visit this prediction over the next 2-5 years to see which one of us is right.  I'm sure you'll remind me if you are, and likewise!
I don't actually think either will fall off a cliff.  Lebron will continue his decline but it will be gradual.  I expect Irving to mostly recover and get back to his 70 games a year.  I'm just saying if I had to wager on it, I believe that Irving is less likely to recover than James is to "fall off a cliff".

« Reply #239 on: April 24, 2018, 12:03:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Horford / Baynes
Kawhi / Theis
Hayward / Tatum
Brown / Smart
Lebron / Rozier

I enjoy winning titles.  I like teams that are realistic contenders.  I don't like to hold out hope that young guys may someday be as good as the player being acquired is right now.  I mean there was a large segment on this board that didn't want to trade Al Jefferson for Kevin Garnett.  It is great to have attachments to young players, but far too many on here act like Brown and Tatum are already Butler and Leonard, when the reality is they may never be even 80% of what those players are.  The bird in hand is worth more than the birds in the bush.