Author Topic: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick  (Read 19632 times)

Re: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2017, 12:07:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
Guarantee that they're trading it

(if Ball is there because someone will want to trade up for him).

yeah we are trading this pick.

Do the Bulls want Jackson to replace Jimmy Bulter ?    And Avery Bradley too.....

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2017, 12:07:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I just will as shocked as not taking Fultz , if they pass on Tatum ......not because Im so high on him ........just because he always seemed to have Brad Stevens " type Big " written across his chest .
Jayson Tatum clocked in at 205 lbs last year. I think it's pretty safe to say he'll never really be a big except in some situational 2 minutes a night.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Guarantee that they're trading it

(if Ball is there because someone will want to trade up for him).

yeah we are trading this pick.

Do the Bulls want Jackson to replace Jimmy Bulter ?    And Avery Bradley too.....

who knows. we may not get butler. we may get PG. While it DOES make ssense to us if we felt no need for Fultz since we have IT then get more picks by trading back to snag a guy we like who we knew wasn't worthy of a #1 pick. if this was football it would not matter but roundball is totally different. i see us keeping some future first rounders we have sanEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ged but i see DA using a bunch also now. This timeline is getting too strung out now. He is up to something. That hamster in DA's brain is on his wheel running 50k RPM. I think we draft a big next year and this year's #3 gets traded in a package.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2017, 12:14:37 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
a bit off topic but i was wondering ... it is usual a team to draft a player without checking him in a workout ?

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2017, 12:19:29 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I just will as shocked as not taking Fultz , if they pass on Tatum ......not because Im so high on him ........just because he always seemed to have Brad Stevens " type Big " written across his chest .
Jayson Tatum clocked in at 205 lbs last year. I think it's pretty safe to say he'll never really be a big except in some situational 2 minutes a night.
He's got the frame to add a lot of strength. I think he could easily play a lot of 4.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2017, 12:29:02 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

In his first couple years, yes.  Long-term, most players add some bulk and can slide up a position, and he looks to have the frame to be able to carry a bit extra.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he were 10-15 pounds heavier than that listed weight, which was measured over a year ago, barely a month after his 18th birthday.

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
going back and forth between these picks ...  They just bring different things to the table

We know Jacksons defense is going to translate, but can his shooting improve further?

Celtics org has done a great job helping guys improve their shots. Only players they couldn't help were vets like Wallace, Zeller, Amir.

Tatum is polished offensively. But he has a slow release on his jump shot.  If physically he has reached near peak in terms of quickness/explosiveness... will he be able to handle nba forwards on the defensive end. And PNR, switches (if they try to expose him)

In pressure situations/late in 4th in tight games...who will have a better shot to be out on the floor under CBS?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:49:20 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580
I would be happy with either. Tatum is a little bigger in terms of reach and wingspan and I think has the frame to add another 25 pounds and play small ball 4. Keep in mind he's actually a full year younger than Jackson. He's also a better fit in terms of giving us some scoring potential. All that said I wouldn't mind Jackson.

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2017, 01:27:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would be happy with either. Tatum is a little bigger in terms of reach and wingspan and I think has the frame to add another 25 pounds and play small ball 4. Keep in mind he's actually a full year younger than Jackson. He's also a better fit in terms of giving us some scoring potential. All that said I wouldn't mind Jackson.

I just want to ask...

When we draft Michael Porter Jr, where does Jayson Tatum fit in our team?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2017, 01:30:37 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I just want to ask...

IT-Jaylen-Tatum-Porter-Horford

That would be a crazy amount of size and athleticism 2-4. Shooting would obviously be iffy, but that's a group with pretty fun potential.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2017, 01:32:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

So who do you want ?  ;D

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2017, 01:39:23 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Watching the videos of both, it's a case of offense vs defense. Tatum is very smooth offensively, and has the length to compete at the 4 if he gets stronger. The kid looks like a natural shooter in the post/outside, and is probably going to grow to 6-9. He can block shots with his reach. Jackson looks more like a Crowder type. Don't see him as a big scorer, but mainly a scrappy defensive player.

If the Celtics keep the pick, Tatum would be the fit. If they trade for a Butler or George, the pick will go with the deal.

I also looked at Isaacs--a wiry 6-11 who looks like a project but may be the best rebounder and shot blocker.

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2017, 01:47:27 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 580

So who do you want ?  ;D

LOL, at this point I've decided not to want anybody because Ainge will probably trade them away just as I talk myself into them.

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I just want to ask...

IT-Jaylen-Tatum-Porter-Horford

That would be a crazy amount of size and athleticism 2-4. Shooting would obviously be iffy, but that's a group with pretty fun potential.

So, where's Gordon Hayward in this scenario?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2017, 01:52:03 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If Ainge drafts Tatum I will trust his judgment, but I just don't see what's so special about him, the assessment of his game as "smooth" just strikes me as a way to euphemize his game being slow and average.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.