Author Topic: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick  (Read 19647 times)

Re: Woj: C's deciding between Tatum/Jackson if they keep the pick
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 11:07:01 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I've been loudly declaring--since well before this deal, when it was complete heresy to be anything but on the Fultz train--that I am a big Josh Jackson fan.

I could live with Jayson Tatum, but really hope JJ becomes a Celtic.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 11:08:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
This explains why he is somewhat indifferent to whether Lakers take Jackson at 2.

Hope we take Jackson though. Tatum wouldn't get many minutes initially while Jackson will play a ton.

True... Jackson is already nba ready on the defensive end. 

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

We passed on the consensus #1 pick, the best player in the draft. If that player isn't good enough for us, why bother?

He doesn't agree.  This has been said multiple times.  They don't think Fultz is much better or better at all than 3 other guys.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This explains why he is somewhat indifferent to whether Lakers take Jackson at 2.

Hope we take Jackson though. Tatum wouldn't get many minutes initially while Jackson will play a ton.

Yup. Can't have enough Marcus Smarts on your roster.  >:(
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

This is why I am starting to like the idea of Tatum.  I think they are neck and neck overall as prospects and I would love having a guy who could come in and score right now and, if he can play some PF, big a huge mismatch and fit the style of play very well.   

I like the defensive players for sure but some balance would be nice.

Tatum is also a year younger or so.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

You have to admit Jackson at 3 is about as DA as you can possibly get.... though I am surprised DA didn't change his mind on Fultz when he shot poorly for us then 4-18 for the Sixers  ;D

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2017, 11:21:29 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
So iguadola or Tobias Harris. Great

I think youre right about Jackson - he's pretty much an Iguodala / Gerald Wallace type,  except both those guys had superior physical strength - which Jackson does not have right now, nor does he appear to have the frame to support that kind of bulking up.

Tatum is more Paul Pierce / Jabari Parker / Carmelo Anthony then he is Tobias Harris.  He has very high potential to be a ROY.   He probably has the highest floor of anybody in this draft because (at 19) he's already an incredibly skilled and well rounded scorer and a solid rebounder - those skills alone likely are enough to earn him a significant nba  role early on.

In fact Pierce is a really good comparison for Tatum.  Like Pierce he does most of his damage in the midrange, but is also very good in the post, is a capable slasher, and is a legit threat from three. like Pierce his game depends more on good footwork and skill rather then being reliant on athleticism,  so he's the type of guy who could be a great scorer through to his mid 30s. 

Given the minutes I could see him being a 15+ PPG guy as a rookie. I like how he fits our youth too.  Brown is the elite athlete and slasher,  Smart is the bulldog defender, Rozier is the ball handler and two-way perimeter guy,  Zizic is the big angry inside guy,  while Tatum would be the go-to scorer who can create shots in ISO situations and shoot from anywhere. 

That young bench of Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum and Zizic could be stellar...and ba couple of those guys could well take over the reigns once Thomas and Horford start to really slow down.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:27:17 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
If they keep the pick he is taking Tatum. The only way he does not take Tatum if he is available is if he decides to trade the pick. IMO

I thought Jackson was his target but id be happy with Tatum

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
So iguadola or Tobias Harris. Great

I think youre right about Jackson - he's pretty much an Iguodala / Gerald Wallace type,  except both those guys had superior physical strength - which Jackson does not have right now, nor does he appear to have the frame to support that kind of bulking up.

Tatum is more Paul Pierce / Jabari Parker / Carmelo Anthony then he is Tobias Harris.  He has very high potential to be a ROY.   He probably has the highest floor of anybody in this draft because (at 19) he's already an incredibly skilled and well rounded scorer and a solid rebounder - those skills alone likely are enough to earn him a significant nba  role early on.

In fact Pierce is a really good comparison for Tatum.  Like Pierce he does most of his damage in the midrange, but is also very good in the post, is a capable slasher, and is a legit threat from three. like Pierce his game depends more on good footwork and skill rather then being reliant on athleticism,  so he's the type of guy who could be a great scorer through to his mid 30s. 

Given the minutes I could see him being a 15+ PPG guy as a rookie. I like how he fits our youth too.  Brown is the elite athlete and slasher,  Smart is the bulldog defender, Rozier is the ball handler and two-way perimeter guy,  Zizic is the big angry inside guy,  while Tatum would be the go-to scorer who can create shots in ISO situations and shoot from anywhere. 

That young bench of Rozier, Smart, Brown, Tatum and Zizic could be stellar...and ba couple of those guys could well take over the reigns once Thomas and Horford start to really slow down.

I'm with you on everything you said about Tatum.

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2017, 11:58:16 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really hope Lonzo will be in consideration if he's there at #3; Brad could do some truly incredible stuff with him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

You have to admit Jackson at 3 is about as DA as you can possibly get.... though I am surprised DA didn't change his mind on Fultz when he shot poorly for us then 4-18 for the Sixers  ;D
No denying that. But I'd rather gamble on someone who has a better chance to be a two-way player (e.g. Tatum). Although I must admit that the ghost of Jeff Green will haunt me for a very long time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2017, 12:03:33 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
Jacksons the pick.

So the Celtics turned down a Lillard/Harden type talent for a Gerald Wallace with slightly better passing and a pick that is a big fat unknown. Good trade!

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

No denying that. But I'd rather gamble on someone who has a better chance to be a two-way player (e.g. Tatum). Although I must admit that the ghost of Jeff Green will haunt me for a very long time.

I'm with you I think I'm on the Tatum train too at this point. Reminds me a bit of PP, and Jackson doesn't seem to have the best attitude.

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1671
Guarantee that they're trading it

(if Ball is there because someone will want to trade up for him).

yeah we are trading this pick.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2017, 12:05:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
I just will as shocked as not taking Fultz , if they pass on Tatum ......not because Im so high on him ........just because he always seemed to have Brad Stevens " type Big " written across his chest .

id probably go Ball or Jackson at this point .....but they have not even seen them for an interview .

10 to 1 odds its Tatum and the Lakers pick .

Now I want to see Danny hang number 18'with this  :-X