Author Topic: TNT Crew Want Butler To Boston...  (Read 9813 times)

TNT Crew Want Butler To Boston...
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:07:44 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3067
  • On To Banner 18!
Though they don't seem to realize that the C's would have to give up A TON to get him.

Chuck thinks there is no clear cut #2 team in the East (valid point), but adding Butler easily makes Boston #2 and possibly #1 while Love is injured. He thinks if the deal is somewhat reasonable and you aren't giving up a core member (IT, Horford, Crowder, keep one of Smart/Bradley), then it should be essentially a no-brainer.

Shaq just thinks the C's need another scorer and Jimmy Butler is that guy. Loves IT and thinks Boston are a legit #2 team right now.

Kenny showed a lot of love for the Celtics and likes the fight in them. Though they aren't a top team "on paper", they are showing that they clearly are a #2 or #3 team in the East. He thinks they could be a legit contender going forward and thinks Jaylen will be a great player going forward.

They all believed that Jimmy Butler is better than anyone this draft, so the C's should trade that 2017 Brooklyn Pick for him if needed. Fultz/Ball look great and promising but who knows.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:29:02 AM by Redz »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: TNT Crew Want Butler To Boston...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
I am as anti Butler trade as one can get. I understand that it would be a good thing for the league as it would make the eastern conference much more competitive. But it would be An extremely short sighted move where the best outcome would be getting decimated by the Warriors in the finals. Rather keep stacking up assets in order to have the chance at a dynasty. This is the Celtics after all.

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
I am as anti Butler trade as one can get. I understand that it would be a good thing for the league as it would make the eastern conference much more competitive. But it would be An extremely short sighted move where the best outcome would be getting decimated by the Warriors in the finals. Rather keep stacking up assets in order to have the chance at a dynasty. This is the Celtics after all.

That's where I'm at too.

TNT crew will obviously get bored covering the Cavaliers and Warriors walking their way into the Finals. They want some competitive teams to emerge (like WAS, BOS, HOU, TOR).

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:22:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Who would you rather give up brk 17 for butler or Drummond?

To me Drummond is the guy who could be a presence down low against a gimpy Kevin Love in the ECF and GSW in a finals match up.

Let's the offense run through Horford in the high post and Drummond doing the dirty work down low and dominating the boards.

We would have a fierce low post game with Drummond and Horford

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 08:28:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Neither. Absolutely positively neither. Because the NBA is dominated by superstars. I'd rather have a really good crack at one than lazy out of that for a run of the mill all star.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 08:28:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

To me Drummond is the guy who could be a presence down low against a gimpy Kevin Love in the ECF and GSW in a finals match up.

Let's the offense run through Horford in the high post and Drummond doing the dirty work down low and dominating the boards.

But Drummond doesn't shoot 3's. He's a "dinosaur". Who needs a guy who can get you 15 boards a game?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242

Butler is a better fit in Stevens system and is paid $7 mill less a season. A lot of people say that Drummond is a dying breed of a player and is obsolete. I don't agree with That at all, but that may be the case in Stevens system where he relies so much on floor spacing.

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 08:53:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!
http://nesn.com/2017/02/charles-barkley-gives-strong-take-on-jimmy-butler-celtics-trade-rumors/

This is Barkley discussing the Bulls on a Bulls radio show.

He thinks the Bulls would be "fools" not to take a 2017 BKN Pick and some more picks back from Boston in a trade for Chicago.

Basically he's saying the Bulls should just make a trade and start rebuilding ASAP.

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 09:00:15 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2993
http://nesn.com/2017/02/charles-barkley-gives-strong-take-on-jimmy-butler-celtics-trade-rumors/

He thinks the Bulls would be "fools" not to take a 2017 BKN Pick and some more picks back from Boston in a trade for Chicago.

Basically he's saying the Bulls should just make a trade and start rebuilding ASAP.

I do think people are valuing his trade value a bit too much. There's absolutely no way anyone would pay their reported price for him of the two Brooklyn picks, Jaylen, and Bradley. That's ludicrous.

In all reality, if there is a trade it will more than likely only be something like two of the above (probably the 2017 Brooklyn pick and Bradley) along with two other lesser assets like Rozier and the Memphis pick, which is still a really good haul for Butler that I'd definitely make. Trade offers in the early stages like this always skew to the heavy side like that.

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!

I do think people are valuing his trade value a bit too much. There's absolutely no way anyone would pay their reported price for him of the two Brooklyn picks, Jaylen, and Bradley. That's ludicrous.

In all reality, if there is a trade it will more than likely only be something like two of the above (probably the 2017 Brooklyn pick and Bradley) along with two other lesser assets like Rozier and the Memphis pick, which is still a really good haul for Butler that I'd definitely make. Trade offers in the early stages like this always skew to the heavy side like that.

I look at it as the Chris Sale deal in MLB (if you watch baseball).

Red Sox REALLY wanted him at the trade deadline, but his price was just absolutely ridiculous (as is Butler's price NOW).

But in the winter, White Sox chose a direction (rebuild), and dealt Sale for still good pieces, BUT definitely a little less than what they were asking from the Red Sox at the trade deadline.

Maybe this summer, the Bulls brass decides to go rebuild and they trade Butler at a bit of a lower price (like you said, Bradley + 2017 Nets Pick + Zeller + 2019 First Rounder + lower asset).

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2993

Red Sox REALLY wanted him at the trade deadline, but his price was just absolutely ridiculous (as is Butler's price NOW).

But in the winter, White Sox chose a direction (rebuild), and dealt Sale for still good pieces, BUT definitely a little less than what they were asking from the Red Sox at the trade deadline.

Maybe this summer, the Bulls brass decides to go rebuild and they trade Butler at a bit of a lower price (like you said, Bradley + 2017 Nets Pick + Zeller + 2019 First Rounder + lower asset).

I don't see why that couldn't be now.

They're about as dysfunctional as they've ever been, and they're completely mediocre and very much in doubt of making the playoffs. The front office has also already had their positions pretty much guaranteed to not be taken away by ownership, which gives them freedom to make such a move.

It'd had several advantages, too:
1) It'd guarantee them a high lottery pick with the Brooklyn pick - because there's no way of telling if they could get it this summer if we get either better trade offers (George, Cousins, etc.) or just fall in love with a guy in the draft, which regularly happens to teams.
2) It'd let them start to tank and get at least a mid-lottery pick, which is a good pickup in a deep draft like this one.
3) It'd also allow them to trade Wade to a team for some assets rather than him just opting out of his contract for nothing this summer.

So while I don't know if Butler will get traded at the deadline, it doesn't necessarily make more sense to wait until the summer.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 09:17:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2988
Not for Smart ,Brown or Nets 2017 pick......and NOT Zizic either

I can see maybe 2018 , .....AB or Crowder and other s

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't see why that couldn't be now.

They're about as dysfunctional as they've ever been, and they're completely mediocre and very much in doubt of making the playoffs. The front office has also already had their positions pretty much guaranteed to not be taken away by ownership, which gives them freedom to make such a move.

It'd had several advantages, too:
1) It'd guarantee them a high lottery pick with the Brooklyn pick - because there's no way of telling if they could get it this summer if we get either better trade offers (George, Cousins, etc.) or just fall in love with a guy in the draft, which regularly happens to teams.
2) It'd let them start to tank and get at least a mid-lottery pick, which is a good pickup in a deep draft like this one.
3) It'd also allow them to trade Wade to a team for some assets rather than him just opting out of his contract for nothing this summer.

So while I don't know if Butler will get traded at the deadline, it doesn't necessarily make more sense to wait until the summer.

Well you could make those same/similar points about the White Sox too lol. Similar situations with obviously different FO and players.

Basically they want $$ and all, and trading Butler, then Wade pretty much makes no $$ for now. Even a few playoff games (they are now the #7 seed) would get them a lot of popularity and added revenue/value. That's how their FO looks at it.

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 09:24:39 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I'd rather keep Crowder.

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach