Author Topic: Celtics (26-17) at Wizards (24-20) Game #44 1/24/17  (Read 44575 times)

Re: Celtics (26-17) at Wizards (24-20) Game #44 1/24/17
« Reply #450 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
just woke up and saw that result. if anyone can provide a 2-3 line summary he would earn my gratitude (and several TPs).

Honestly, you don't want to hear a summary. It was pathetic. No energy all night, and our defense was as bad as it's ever been.

You definitely made the right choice to sleep! lol

« Reply #451 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!
This team simply has soft bigs and no reliable #2 scorer. Period.

Hopefully Ainge wakes up and realizes this team needs a legit KG-type big who can rebound... and while I have high hopes for Zizic, lets pump the brakes a bit on him and not assume he will come in and dominate immediately.

Zizic can help ....but Danny just puts much load on some guys .  I feel for the kid ......DA is putting him in the position of savior to fill the void of defense and rebounding. ...while waiting out Boogie or Butler .....we got NO rebounding centers

To be honest Boogie or Butler wouldn't help us now.

They would improve us a bit but this team has MULTIPLE holes.

The one thing those guys give is they are tuff.  AB is so fragile .

AB is still an elite defender who is also our leading rebounder and #2 scorer this season (like it or not).

C's clearly miss AB on the court.

Not saying AB is a superstar and would have won us today's game, but he is an important part of this team right now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2983
just woke up and saw that result. if anyone can provide a 2-3 line summary he would earn my gratitude (and several TPs).

Also did I forget to mention our bigs are soft?

I just don't believe it ......our bigs ......naw ....no way  ;D

« Reply #453 on: January 24, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • On To Banner 18!

It's getting to the point where I wouldn't even get mad if other fans saw the Celtics and thought "the Celtics have bigs??"
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #454 on: January 24, 2017, 09:49:58 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

The Celtics got punked.

Their guards dominated our front court.

Smart was frustrated at the end (understandably).

The defense was atrocious for most of the game.

IT struggled in the 4th but WAS used their size well against him.

And of course... no one else stepped up when IT struggled (same story)

this is what has happened in the playoffs the last 2 years and will in all likelihood be used again because it's shown to be very effective against this team.  C's are 2 stud players away from being considered a legit pick to get to a Finals.  as long as IT is the best player on this team, it's going nowhere.  he's a great scorer but he can be forced out of the game by a smart coach

« Reply #455 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:02 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
This team simply has soft bigs and no reliable #2 scorer. Period.

Hopefully Ainge wakes up and realizes this team needs a legit KG-type big who can rebound... and while I have high hopes for Zizic, lets pump the brakes a bit on him and not assume he will come in and dominate immediately.

Zizic can help ....but Danny just puts much load on some guys .  I feel for the kid ......DA is putting him in the position of savior to fill the void of defense and rebounding. ...while waiting out Boogie or Butler .....we got NO rebounding centers

To be honest Boogie or Butler wouldn't help us now.

They would improve us a bit but this team has MULTIPLE holes.

The one thing those guys give is they are tuff.  AB is so fragile .

AB is still an elite defender who is also our leading rebounder and #2 scorer this season (like it or not).

C's clearly miss AB on the court.

Not saying AB is a superstar and would have won us today's game, but he is an important part of this team right now.

Luv his defense and all.....he simply is not on the court enough is all.   The that's his big down fall

« Reply #456 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

yup big and soft like the Stay-Puft marshmallow man in Ghostbusters

« Reply #457 on: January 24, 2017, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

The Celtics got punked.

this is what has happened in the playoffs the last 2 years and will in all likelihood be used again because it's shown to be very effective against this team.  C's are 2 stud players away from being considered a legit pick to get to a Finals.  as long as IT is the best player on this team, it's going nowhere.  he's a great scorer but he can be forced out of the game by a smart coach

Yep which is why you trade him for pieces you can spread the wealth around with..but celticsblog :o

« Reply #458 on: January 24, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

It's getting to the point where I wouldn't even get mad if other fans saw the Celtics and thought "the Celtics have bigs??"

We require too much from a bunch of undersized guys at nearly every postion .  I he only time we seem to get an advantage is with Brown and Smart  or at least draw equal. 

« Reply #459 on: January 24, 2017, 09:55:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986

The Celtics got punked.

Yep. I don't think you can surround IT with the likes of AB, Crowder, Amir, and Horford and expect to be successful. There are just too many other weaknesses to cover up for our stars to have such glaring weaknesses themselves.

I honestly think this team is inherently flawed in how its built, and the fact that IT became available in 2014 has a big reason to do with it, though it's not necessarily his fault just the direction of the team being changed.

« Reply #460 on: January 24, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Never get too bent out of shape about how the team looks in January. Good rule of thumb.

The Celts probably need to replace one of their bench  players with a superior rebounding big if they want to get past the first round.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
ick

« Reply #462 on: January 24, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Never get too bent out of shape about how the team looks in January. Good rule of thumb.

The Celts probably need to replace one of their bench  players with a superior rebounding big if they want to get past the first round.

TP. This is what I was thinking myself. I learned that from Michael Wilbon.

« Reply #463 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Let's make this even better. Our future center that Danny refuses to trade for - 19 pts on 8-10 fgs, 3-3 FT, 7 rebs, 5 asts, 2 stl, 3 blks.

Yeah, but we don't need a big like that, do we Danny?

Frankly, I think the Sixers are leaning on keeping him now.

It's working with Noel-Embiid, and they have the cap space.

those are Noel stats? Could have swore the stats belong to Boogie.

« Reply #464 on: January 24, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

The Celtics got punked.

Yep. I don't think you can surround IT with the likes of AB, Crowder, Amir, and Horford and expect to be successful. There are just too many other weaknesses to cover up for our stars to have such glaring weaknesses themselves.

I honestly think this team is inherently flawed in how its built, and the fact that IT became available in 2014 has a big reason to do with it, though it's not necessarily his fault just the direction of the team being changed.

I agree.....no w duck ....stones to be hurled ......our way ;D

We need a huge back line , not a small weak front court to support IT .

We need his 40 points a game......but we need much longer players to make up,for him.