Author Topic: Jazz (22-13) at Celtics (20-14) Game #35 1/3/17  (Read 40573 times)

Re: Jazz (22-13) at Celtics (20-14) Game #35 1/3/17
« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
https://twitter.com/CJC9BOSS/status/816486812030029824

https://twitter.com/AdamHimmelsbach/status/816487033975820288

I guess Jae got a little upset that some of our fans were cheering on Hayward in the intros, presumably due to wanting him as a free agent. Going to be interesting to see how that would play out if getting him as a free agent put Jae back to the bench.

Yeah, I recall there was cheering for KD last year.  I don't think any Sixers or Pelicans will get cheers tho.

I wonder what he thought about KD cheers last year, since he'd also take his spot at the 3.

He went on the KD recruiting trip, so I'm guessing he was okay ceding time to KD.  But also, both Jae and KD would have started, because we wouldn't have had Amir, JJ, or Zeller if KD had come.

I guess so, though I think we would've made another trade where he would've been our three. I don't think he would've come here or even considered it if they pitched him as the starting four.

Jaylen, or maybe even Crowder, would've probably been in Philadelphia with Noel here as our starting five. Speaking of Jaylen, what does he think he's here for? Ideally, Brown would earn the starting three spot by next year, though realistically that's more like year three or four, if he's not traded.

I think he was fine with KD, because Jae is not completely delusional; he knows KD is better.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2017, 11:27:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2731

I guess Jae got a little upset that some of our fans were cheering on Hayward in the intros, presumably due to wanting him as a free agent. Going to be interesting to see how that would play out if getting him as a free agent put Jae back to the bench.

Yeah, I recall there was cheering for KD last year.  I don't think any Sixers or Pelicans will get cheers tho.

I wonder what he thought about KD cheers last year, since he'd also take his spot at the 3.

He went on the KD recruiting trip, so I'm guessing he was okay ceding time to KD.  But also, both Jae and KD would have started, because we wouldn't have had Amir, JJ, or Zeller if KD had come.

I guess so, though I think we would've made another trade where he would've been our three. I don't think he would've come here or even considered it if they pitched him as the starting four.

Jaylen, or maybe even Crowder, would've probably been in Philadelphia with Noel here as our starting five. Speaking of Jaylen, what does he think he's here for? Ideally, Brown would earn the starting three spot by next year, though realistically that's more like year three or four, if he's not traded.

I think he was fine with KD, because Jae is not completely delusional; he knows KD is better.

He even tried to recruit KD, he was at the meeting with Tom Brady and co.

« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:21 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I think Jae Crowder has lost his mind. He's not going anywhere since we locked him up. This is all clearly talk but he seriously needs to chill. He's a role player

« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2017, 11:29:52 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2978

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJC9BOSS/status/816499432476831744

lol maybe his head has grown since then or something.

But this little outburst is concerning. We don't need any locker room issues, and this little outburst on Twitter is just a gateway to that crap happening. I'm guessing he'll be getting called into Brad or Danny's office tomorrow. You simply can't be saying "I'll be appreciated other places" on Twitter.

Good Lord, Jae.

« Reply #364 on: January 03, 2017, 11:35:59 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

https://mobile.twitter.com/CJC9BOSS/status/816499432476831744

lol maybe his head has grown since then or something.

But this little outburst is concerning. We don't need any locker room issues, and this little outburst on Twitter is just a gateway to that crap happening. I'm guessing he'll be getting called into Brad or Danny's office tomorrow. You simply can't be saying "I'll be appreciated other places" on Twitter.

Good Lord, Jae.

I don't know, he's a passionate guy. I think he's likely just venting, but the FO should probably advise him to try and stay off Twitter when he's overly emotional.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #365 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:48 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
Yikes, man. Jae needs to recognize his place in the game of basketball. He's a high energy role player and 3 and D guy who can have his nights, nothing more. I was worried a bit since the offseason with the comments about KD and stuff that his head grew a bit too much, and this little twitter outrage kind of confirms that.

He was a key reason why we were so terrible against the Hawks. We could use a more consistent upgrade at the small forward position and Gordon Hayward would be that. C's fans are smart, and recognize that, doesnt mean we dont also recognize how important Crowder would be to the team plus Hayward.

It was probably a bunch of Jazz fans he heard anyway and hes losing his mind for no reason.

« Reply #366 on: January 03, 2017, 11:44:35 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Silver lining: This may not entirely be a bad thing.  I don't think he honestly believes he's that good, but he is strong-willed, tough, and competitive.  If we want to get to the next level (e.g., 2nd round), this is what we need.  Heck, we've been missing that intensity we had grown used to for the majority of this season.

IT is playing with a chip on his shoulder, too -- I don't think it's coincidence he went wild against arguably the 2 best defenses in the league.  AB stated he believes he should be on the all-defensive team if not an all-star.  I hope the media feeds the narrative that we aren't good enough to compete with the juggernauts -- these guys have responded well to adversity over the years.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #367 on: January 03, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 548
Silver lining: This may not entirely be a bad thing.  I don't think he honestly believes he's that good, but he is strong-willed, tough, and competitive.  If we want to get to the next level (e.g., 2nd round), this is what we need.  Heck, we've been missing that intensity we had grown used to for the majority of this season.

IT is playing with a chip on his shoulder, too -- I don't think it's coincidence he went wild against arguably the 2 best defenses in the league.  AB stated he believes he should be on the all-defensive team if not an all-star.  I hope the media feeds the narrative that we aren't good enough to compete with the juggernauts -- these guys have responded well to adversity over the years.
They'd have made the 2nd round last season if they'd been healthy for the Atlanta series. I think if they don't make it this season you'd call 16-17 a major disappointment.

« Reply #368 on: January 03, 2017, 11:55:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I really have no problem with Jae going off a little.  He's having a terrific year.  The only player who has a higher combination of FG%, 3-point % and FT% is Kyrie.  I think Hayward is a better player, but I'd be excited for Crowder to prove me wrong.  And tonight, Jae was the better player.

« Reply #369 on: January 04, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 548
I really have no problem with Jae going off a little.  He's having a terrific year.  The only player who has a higher combination of FG%, 3-point % and FT% is Kyrie.  I think Hayward is a better player, but I'd be excited for Crowder to prove me wrong.  And tonight, Jae was the better player.
One costs you $5 million - the other is going to cost you $25 million.  Who's the better buy?

« Reply #370 on: January 04, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1784
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I think we all better hope that Jae cools it a little because he is likely to be the only bargain contract we have in a couple of years. I realize that we have room for another max this offseason, but with IT/AB/Smart ready to sign humongous contracts in 2018, ownership might not want to shell out that kind-of money.

I always just assumed AB would be the guy getting moved, but Crowder might already have one foot out the door. I am loving his game, though - hopefully he is just a bit emotional.

« Reply #371 on: January 04, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I think we all better hope that Jae cools it a little because he is likely to be the only bargain contract we have in a couple of years. I realize that we have room for another max this offseason, but with IT/AB/Smart ready to sign humongous contracts in 2018, ownership might not want to shell out that kind-of money.

I always just assumed AB would be the guy getting moved, but Crowder might already have one foot out the door. I am loving his game, though - hopefully he is just a bit emotional.

I think this is an overreaction as much by posters on this forum as by Jae.  Guy plays off emotion, and had his best game of the year.  There's really nothing to talk about here.  Knowing Celtics fans I bet he gets some huge cheers Friday night.

« Reply #372 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:48 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
One costs you $5 million - the other is going to cost you $25 million.  Who's the better buy?

Considering I'm pushing the Hayward/Crowder 3/4 lineup, that's pretty irrelevant to me.

« Reply #373 on: January 04, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Another thing I'd point out is that Hayward had a bit of a dirty foul on Jae -- a push from behind that sent him into the base of the stanchion on a drive.  Wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the extra emotion were coming from that play too.

« Reply #374 on: January 04, 2017, 12:14:00 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Another thing I'd point out is that Hayward had a bit of a dirty foul on Jae -- a push from behind that sent him into the base of the stanchion on a drive.  Wouldn't be surprised if a bit of the extra emotion were coming from that play too.

After which Hayward offered Jae a hand. Jae refused.

DKC Clippers